Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Need a Desktop Alarm That Goes Off in Set Intervals

Hey Brownsfan, Why not just use a simple stove top timer, u can buy at Marcs, Target, Wal Mart. Set it 15 minutes and every time it rings just reset the timer.

B/c that is WAY too much work. And requires precise precision.

Just like - why use charts and pay for that when you can draw your charts by hand...

;)

FYI, if you're an Investor/RT or MarketDelta user, you can go to "Setup: Schedule" and create one or more schedules, that trigger at given intervals throughout the session (ever 30 minutes) or at specific times (10:30am and 1:00pm) and have the schedule trigger any sound (including custom .wav files that you produce) or various other actions (open specific chart, run a scan, etc). And you can create as many schedules as you wish.

http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/schedules.htm

Regards,

Chad

nice feature Chard. I am not using RT but that is nice.

Actually Chads post reminds me there is some Easy language code knocking around called wavetimer or bartimer or some such. It prints text next to the bar that counts down to bar end. You can set a 'trigger' where the coulour changes when you get particularly close to new bar time.

Might be of interest to you as it should work with OEC. It is pretty rudimentary but if it is of interest I'll dig it out.

Hi brownsfan, i needed the same thing as you and have just spent the last 15 minutes reading this thread. Could you please tell us what program you ended up using as it would be a great help and i was really looking to finding out. Instead i was disappointed when you just mentioned that you had found what you needed but didn't explain what it was. Thanks for your time.

hi kcomplex, see post #21,

I downloaded the zip file and installed the program, it has been working for me pretty well.

You need to unzip it and run the .exe file to install.

Let me know if you have any questions.

you can try this ..... I just put together a simple program in basic. Right click on the face to change some of the things. There is no save feature, and it will only sound 2min before the 15min period. I just put together these things in whatever timeframe I want. Hopefully, I have uploaded the file correctly.

Trouble with a lot of the clocks I looked at (some while ago) is many where pretty bloated for what they do. I had a quite nice one (that I think I posted earlier) that has the digits on a transparent background so you can put it on top of your charts and still see through. Mouse over temporarily hides it completely.

phlsti's zip looks compact.

Here is a useful alarm. It is simple but you

can set multiple alarms. Limited as it is in 15 minute increments .

The great thing about this alarm is it can launch an app at the set alarm time.

Possibly Bloomberg Economic calender every 9am or maybe charting platform.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13398&stc=1&d=1252890398

I tested it just now with an OEC demo account and it launched it on the test alarm.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13399&stc=1&d=1252890782

Looks like it can be very handy for launching apps.

It can be found here. . .

Alarm RP - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

5aa70f23866f0_ALARMRPcnetdownloads.jpg.04b624c17b9e5a46fafdaa9f2a7ce94d.jpg

launch.jpg.5106497d911be4dbc48283a9e67cd23a.jpg