Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlowFish

Van Tharp - What Kind of Trader Are You

Hmm. I think I get what you are saying. You love trading but there are things which have made you step back and question your whole understanding of the nature of trading and the markets as a whole. Part of this is other things have kept you away from trading for a while. Am I correct?

Anyway, if I am right I'd say two things. One it's good to question. A period of forced reflection may help you to get to the core of your method. Two the markets have been wild for a while now. You have to adapt to the market day by day.

I think that everyone does go through a questioning phase like this and I think it's good. When you come out of the other side, you'l be more clear, more focussed and more determined to be that independent trader!

Hmm. I think I get what you are saying. You love trading but there are things which have made you step back and question your whole understanding of the nature of trading and the markets as a whole. Part of this is other things have kept you away from trading for a while. Am I correct?

Anyway, if I am right I'd say two things. One it's good to question. A period of forced reflection may help you to get to the core of your method. Two the markets have been wild for a while now. You have to adapt to the market day by day.

I think that everyone does go through a questioning phase like this and I think it's good. When you come out of the other side, you'l be more clear, more focussed and more determined to be that independent trader!

You have correctly understand ,i like trading,but i'm awareness that maybe i like more my first work,and i'm awareness also that i'm coming in a trading side that for my unlucky,change direction from the big race to make money's,for analyzing why we are so attract to trading,there are many psicological and social side of trading that i like,but i fear that is better to return at the first thought,to make money's is better for my pockets,and more light for my soul and head,without think too much to other things.and also i'm the opinion that one time that we found a method,is better to stop to study from a bit of time,because we can become confused,and i don't like.this,and maybe i had stopped for a bit,also because in italy we have big problem in this time,with the government, with economic and financial crisis.like a consequence.

I think it is better to philosophise or to do. Trying to do both at the same time is often difficult. :)

Btw are you happy about the Berlusconi news?

Sure is better,but i think that is the trading path that arrive in a determinate point arrive to meet both,and is more difficult,as fascinating.

Yes i thing that is better that he will give dismissal ,is became a surreal government,full of comic politics ,that love play,with the future and life of people,what that i hate is that he was so full of good promises for the people,my fear is the people that have contamined minds,and if don't change also the way of thought and act of many people,,also with the new President,,is another government full of thief and problems.because,if the government see that his people have like the first thougth not the will of increase his wealth ,the government and all his parlamentary don't want only his salary amount 15000 euro at month more the life annuity after 5 years,he want to steal on every thing,contract work, etc and all the money destinated and other things also beneficence other speculating action on work of recostruction ,like abruzzo disaster,or other public work ,and the government give and teach all people and also new generation the big art of steal,i think and hope(for us) that also in other state and not only in Italy there are this kind of problem,but i think in less quantity,when i go in other state i see with my eyes that the thing are different and many time better. action reaction,is the true problem of life.and what you think,and which effect have in your state,the Berlusconi news ?

Lol, I think we went a bit off the thread topic ahimsa! I think Berlusconi had no choice and I'm glad to see him not clinging on to power(any longer anyway). I didn't think he was good for Italy, but who will be next and what will they be in the years to come? Absolute power corrupts absolutely as they say. It seems this is what the market wanted for Berlusconi though and so for now I think it will be a good thing. But I don't know. The whole system is rotten basically and the changes they implement won't stop history from repeating itself down the line. Who knows. Unfortunately I am not a Soothsayer!

Yes i know!sorry!but i saw in late after wrote the last post yesterday night that you started a thread ,about italy under spotlight in this time .i think that you are lucky and not unlucky to not being a soothsayer!i read sure your thread.is interesting for me.