Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Blu-Ray

Various Indicators (Squeeze,2FastMa's,etc)

Hi Blu - Ray,

I sincerely appreciate your work with TS and your post of the BR_Squeeze Radar.

I forgot that I stopped Radar Screen a few months ago because I wasn't using it.

I need to call TS and have them re-activate the service.

I look forward to your upcoming TS posts on this blog.

Thanks again,

Hi Blu-ray, Thanks for your programming efforts they are great. Do you how to get the various indicators(especially the squeeze) indicators into radar screen for prosuite 2000i or do have the ela code for the radar screen version?

Thanks

Hi Blu-ray, Thanks for your programming efforts they are great. Do you how to get the various indicators(especially the squeeze) indicators into radar screen for prosuite 2000i or do have the ela code for the radar screen version?

Thanks

Here's the code for the RadarScreen version, just create an indicator, copy the code and then insert into radarscreen and it should work okay.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

BR_Squeeze_Radar.txt

Hi Blu-ray Thanks for the code, one question though, the last line "setplottype (3,2) is not recognised by ts2000i, would you have any suggestions?

thanks again

dovetree

Hi Dovetree

Here's the TradeStation description for setplottype .......

attachment.php?attachmentid=12164&stc=1&d=1247575970

It's basically converted plot3 into a string......... don't ask me why I did that lol..... I can't remember.

Just delete the line and you should be good to go.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

setplottype.png.8633983227dc0c5b441d1fa3ba03701b.png

Hi Blu-Ray,

I am using the Sort Feature with the Radar Screen, however the Bars Ago field is only sorting using a 1 diget reference so bars will sort like this 1,2,22,233,3,334,45,5.

How do I create a 3-diget reference so in the sort the numbers appear in numerical order?

Thanks,

Soulman

Hi Blu-Ray,

I am using the Sort Feature with the Radar Screen, however the Bars Ago field is only sorting using a 1 diget reference so bars will sort like this 1,2,22,233,3,334,45,5.

How do I create a 3-diget reference so in the sort the numbers appear in numerical order?

Thanks,

Soulman

Hi Soulman

It's because I converted plot3 ( accidently ) into a string, so it's actually sorting by string rather by numerical...... edit the code and delete this line:..........."setplottype (3,2) " ................ and it should work okay.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

I have found this forum almost by accident, and must say I have spent a lot of time going through the so many valuable posts here. I am just begging to look at trading the e-minis with limited experience !!

I know I have a long way to go but I have found that the indicators that Blu-Ray have posted seem to be some of the best I have come accross !!

I was wondering if any of them work with Ninja Trader as I have the program for sim trading. Tried using the normal standard indicators to no avail so far.

I have not a lot of trading experience,let alone programming indicators ! But very keen to absorb whatever I can.

So if somebody can point me to the right direction in this regard I will be more than greatful.

Regards

I have found this forum almost by accident, and must say I have spent a lot of time going through the so many valuable posts here. I am just begging to look at trading the e-minis with limited experience !!

I know I have a long way to go but I have found that the indicators that Blu-Ray have posted seem to be some of the best I have come accross !!

I was wondering if any of them work with Ninja Trader as I have the program for sim trading. Tried using the normal standard indicators to no avail so far.

I have not a lot of trading experience,let alone programming indicators ! But very keen to absorb whatever I can.

So if somebody can point me to the right direction in this regard I will be more than greatful.

Regards

Have a look over at the NinjaTrader forum and do a search for "PaintBarFactory" or "PBF Squeeze" and you should find something over there.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

BlueRay, Thanks for the great work.

I am trying to set up the BR_Squeeze_Radar, after all the rests work here with TradeStation, not sure how I should do this one. I am adding it as a technical indicator into a 5 min Chart, then nothing is displayed under it.

Am I doing it wrong?

BlueRay, Thanks for the great work.

I am trying to set up the BR_Squeeze_Radar, after all the rests work here with TradeStation, not sure how I should do this one. I am adding it as a technical indicator into a 5 min Chart, then nothing is displayed under it.

Am I doing it wrong?

The BR_Squeeze_Radar will not work directly on a chart, it is only for use with RadarScreen.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Metatrader 4 uses the mq4 files in its Program files-->Metatrader --->Experts-->Indicator folder as Indicator files. After copying the mq4 file into the Indicators folder, you can close the folder, open Metatrader 4 and open a chart of a currency pair. Then the indicator can be placed on the chart by dragging it from the panel of indicators on the left onto the price chart using drag and drop technique. And the indicator shows up on the chart.

Hey Blu-Ray, I have your BR squeeze and having good results using ing, do you have the same indicator that will works in the radar screen? thanks in advance.

Thanks and good to hear it's working for you....... the Radarscreen version is already posted within this thread.

Cheers

Blu-Ray