Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Blu-Ray

Various Indicators (Squeeze,2FastMa's,etc)

this is based on the MACD !!

inputs:

FastLen( 12),

SlowLen( 26),

Length( 10 ),

StDv(1);

VARS:

BB_Macd(0),

Avg(0),

SDev(0),

Upper_band(0),

Lower_band(0);

BB_Macd= MACD( Close, FastLen, SlowLen ) ;

Avg = XAverage(BB_Macd,Length);

SDev = StdDev( BB_Macd, Length ) ;

Upper_Band = Avg + StDv * SDev ;

Lower_Band = Avg - StDv * SDev ;

Plot1(BB_Macd);

Plot2(Upper_Band);

Plot3(Lower_Band);

Hi,

here is the first try + first piece of these indicators for the Ninjatrader.

Its the Hull-MAs -histogramm based on Blu-Rays posted code.

Please have a look at it - your are welcome to tweak this thing + post it when its not like it should be.

ciao

max-td

HMA_Histogram_v10.zip

HMA_Histogram_v10.thumb.png.c30b0e3cda558958c92f9e97930cbe5e.png

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f52/donation-system-available-for-coders-4535.html#post49182

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

YOU CAN NOW PAY BLURAY FOR ALL HIS TIME AND EFFORT BEING DONE HERE!

James put a system in place so that you can show your appreciation for all the work he has done here.

As I mentioned previously, providing a $25, $50, etc donation is not going to alter your bank account, yet it shows appreciation to what he is doing here. I'd recommend you give a donation for all the work he has done if you use it. And if that donation is asking too much, you should not be trading.

Thanks so much Blue Ray. I was just curious whether anyone had converted the squeeze code to work on Ninja (not sure if this should go on Coders forum). If someone has, it would be appreciated. I run both TS and Ninja, and wanted to try some things with the squeeze indicator on that platform.

Hey guys, I also use Multicharts and was wondering if anybody can give me the code or the PLE document for BR_Paintbars so i can import it into the mc platform...

inputs:

FastLen( 12),

SlowLen( 26),

Length( 10 ),

StDv(1);

VARS:

BB_Macd(0),

Avg(0),

SDev(0),

Upper_band(0),

Lower_band(0);

Plot1(BB_Macd);

Plot2(Upper_Band);

Plot3(Lower_Band);

.......... this just shows an MACD like indicator, but i was looking for the indicator that paints the bars... THanks to theman for your effort though...... if anyone has the code please do share it, Thanks

well forex500 .... 3 things to that :

1 - the BR_paintbars show the rising/falling of a HMA - based on Blu-Rays code

2 - the code-piece from theman is NOT only a MACD and i asked theman why he posted this here / what he meant it has todo with Blu_Rays indicators - cause i dont see it.

3 - if you really read the whole thread here you should find the codes of all indicators Blu_Ray shows here ;)

nice day

max-td

inputs:

FastLen( 12),

SlowLen( 26),

Length( 10 ),

StDv(1);

VARS:

BB_Macd(0),

Avg(0),

SDev(0),

Upper_band(0),

Lower_band(0);

Plot1(BB_Macd);

Plot2(Upper_Band);

Plot3(Lower_Band);

Wait, which indicator is this that is based on the MACD?

Here we go for another indicator for NinjaTrader :

The PaintBars -> called BarColors in NinjaTrader-functions

based on Blu-Rays code.

have fun

max-td

@theman : what do you mean is based on macd

Thank you very much for sharing.

Blu-Ray,

I appreciate your generous contributions and TS coding savvy. It is especially helpful to a TS newbie like me.

I am using your Squeeze and Squeeze Radar Screen indicators. I have loaded a 60 min ES and was wondering why the chart shows a squeeze fired at 10:30 am CST today. However, no alert has been posted in the RS. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Chaz

Blu-Ray,

I appreciate your generous contributions and TS coding savvy. It is especially helpful to a TS newbie like me.

I am using your Squeeze and Squeeze Radar Screen indicators. I have loaded a 60 min ES and was wondering why the chart shows a squeeze fired at 10:30 am CST today. However, no alert has been posted in the RS. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Chaz

Obviously without seeing your set-up, it could be you've got the RS code setup differently to your chart code..... just a thought or alternatively have you got your RS set to enable alerts.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Blu-Ray,

I figured out the problem by accident about an hour ago. I do not use the continuous contract symbol on my charts. I was using these same symbols for my Radar Screen. So when I looked closely at the Squeeze Indicator Alert column I saw that it had a little “I” in it and when I ran the mouse over the column it said “waiting for archive data”. No amount of additional bars helped so then I figured I would try the continuous symbol and everything is fine. It matches the chart perfectly. Thanks again!

So is this Holy Grail indicator going to be useless when it's really choppy, just like almost everything else?

Just an observation.............

They've invented an indicator called the "Holy Grail"....... so you would think they'd be pretty confident in it, to give it that name.....Well.......... if they were that confident in it, why are they now up to version 9 of it.........

Answer: it's NOT the Holy grail, it's just 4 or 5 indicators bunched together and they show charts of amazing setup's, but are finding out through different market conditions that it has its flaws like everything else, so they are now just curve fitting it.

and this leads to us to the obvious question:

If you'd invented the Holy Grail, would you sell it ?..................... of course not.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

My Apologies, it requires the jtHMA function which I forgot to post the code, so here it is:

{jtHMA - Hull Moving Average Function}

{Author: Atavachron}

{May 2005}

Inputs: price(NumericSeries), length(NumericSimple);

Vars: halvedLength(0), sqrRootLength(0);

{

Original equation is:

---------------------

waverage(2*waverage(close,period/2)-waverage(close,period), SquareRoot(Period)

Implementation below is more efficient with lengthy Weighted Moving Averages.

In addition, the length needs to be converted to an integer value after it is halved and

its square root is obtained in order for this to work with Weighted Moving Averaging

}

if ((ceiling(length / 2) - (length / 2)) <= 0.5) then

halvedLength = ceiling(length / 2)

else

halvedLength = floor(length / 2);

if ((ceiling(SquareRoot(length)) - SquareRoot(length)) <= 0.5) then

sqrRootLength = ceiling(SquareRoot(length))

else

sqrRootLength = floor(SquareRoot(length));

Value1 = 2 * WAverage(price, halvedLength);

Value2 = WAverage(price, length);

Value3 = WAverage((Value1 - Value2), sqrRootLength);

jtHMA = Value3;

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Hi ppl, im pretty new tothe easy language syntax but have some limited experience programming in general.

The above code has got me stumped tho... i cant seem to figure out what "ceiling/floor" is. Is it a function? or a variable?

does "ceiling(length /2)" mean i want to create a variable named ceiling and assign the value of length/2? If im right, then the line where it goes "halvedLength = ceiling(length / 2)" is just strange cos its reassigning length/2 to ceiling twice.

thanks could use a little help

Hi ppl, im pretty new tothe easy language syntax but have some limited experience programming in general.

The above code has got me stumped tho... i cant seem to figure out what "ceiling/floor" is. Is it a function? or a variable?

does "ceiling(length /2)" mean i want to create a variable named ceiling and assign the value of length/2? If im right, then the line where it goes "halvedLength = ceiling(length / 2)" is just strange cos its reassigning length/2 to ceiling twice.

thanks could use a little help

" Ceiling/Floor " are reserved words in Tradestation, below is the definition for them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8436&stc=1&d=1225113281

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

floor.png.ce90b03f1a4688dc2e2b45bc0ec94788.png

Hey Blu-Ray, I'm working with your squeeze indicator, thank you for the download. Have one question: What is the significance of the "true/false" choice on the counter trend, and the change mid line? I primarily trade the mini-Dow, on 89 or 144 TICK charts, and would like to know the utility of modifying the "true/false" parameters.

Thank you,

Bruce

Hey Blu-Ray, I'm working with your squeeze indicator, thank you for the download. Have one question: What is the significance of the "true/false" choice on the counter trend, and the change mid line? I primarily trade the mini-Dow, on 89 or 144 TICK charts, and would like to know the utility of modifying the "true/false" parameters.

Thank you,

Bruce

Hi Bruce

This is indicator is based roughly the same as PBF's version. If you take a look at their website, it shows you the difference of having counter trend mode on ( basically changes the color of the histogram ) and also the change midline ( this is because you can have the "original squeeze" which is based on BB's and Keltner channels or their version of the midline which is based around a HMA ).

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

hi bluray

thnks so much for ur help..

wanted to ask u sumthing...how do u use the middleline along with the squeeze in ur trading...got sum idea from the website but its not complete.

if i use the middle line with the HMA & the squeeze without the countertrend mode on,will it be ok to trade on it...

unabl to find out how to synch the mid line along with the histogram for entries & exits.

hi bluray

thnks so much for ur help..

wanted to ask u sumthing...how do u use the middleline along with the squeeze in ur trading...got sum idea from the website but its not complete.

if i use the middle line with the HMA & the squeeze without the countertrend mode on,will it be ok to trade on it...

unabl to find out how to synch the mid line along with the histogram for entries & exits.

I don't use these in my trading, I only coded them up. I would say that you'd have to forward test some ideas you have to trade them effectively.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

great stuff bluray...thanks for coding.have u coded their holy grail indicator & their OSOB indicator which they are using it with their trend bars.

i have sum pics of sum indicators...can u provide sum clue as to wht it is & how..these are very gud indicators..i think i shud start a new thread & post the pics.

So is anyone paying BluRay for all the work he does here and shares for free?

You guys are pummeling him w/ requests of do this, do that, do this...

I'd bet that not one person has offered to compensate him for all his work and time. In case you have not noticed, he's pretty much the ONLY programmer we have here at TL.

Best to not burn that bridge.

Agree 200% with BF. The tone of some of the requests for BluRay is not cool. BluRay is our friend not our .....(fill in the blank) Let's treat him with the same level of respect that he's shown to everyone in this community.