Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Blu-Ray

Various Indicators (Squeeze,2FastMa's,etc)

That was my initial thought but cross above/below what? There's no zero line or crossover like macd or stochastic.

write out your thoughts...

step-by-step,

line-by-line,

logic-by-logic,

you will see yourself clearly if you do.

Edited by Tams

TAMS - i appreciate the guidance, however i'm not seeing the logic in the crossover. I'm sure its something simple that i'm missing; Is there another indicator that you can think of that currently does what i'm looking for where i can use that as guide?

Thx

TAMS - i appreciate the guidance, however i'm not seeing the logic in the crossover. I'm sure its something simple that i'm missing; Is there another indicator that you can think of that currently does what i'm looking for where i can use that as guide?

Thx

don't jump ahead,

don't think of the cross over yet,

it might not be the tool you need.

but instead, start from the very beginning,

write out your logic

step-by-step...

as if the computer is reading your mind...

what is the critical point?

what drives the critical point?

what are the components of this critical point?

what are the attributes of this critical point?

you have already mentioned the components that are NOT in this critical point...

>no zero line or crossover like macd or stochastic

if you can identify what's not there, surely you can identify what's there.

use a magnifying glass,

enlarge the chart,

zero in on the few bars that triggered this critical event...

the information's got to be there, under your nose somewhere.

Thx

How would you explain to someone what it means for it to change color from one bar to the next? Write out the condition of each bar and see if that helps.

Tams & Sevensa I think I managed to get what I was looking for after giving it some more thought:

Inputs: 
price(Close), 
length(13),
upColour(black), 
downColour(white);

Value1 = jtHMA(price, length);

Plot1(Value1, "FastMA");

{ Color criteria }
if Value1 > Value1[1] then
SetPlotColor(1, upColour)
else if (Value1 < Value1[1]) then 
SetPlotColor(1, downColour);

if Value1 cross above Value1[1] then
alert ("bullish");

if Value1 cross below Value1[1] then 
alert ("bearish");	

Is the Radarscreen template/software available here? Or is there a download available? I see where there are indicators here for Radarscreen, but not the actual screen itself (?) I contacted FXCM and spoke to 3 tech guys and they don't even know what it is. Hoping to acquire it if possible. Thanks much.

dwf

Is the Radarscreen template/software available here? Or is there a download available? I see where there are indicators here for Radarscreen, but not the actual screen itself (?) I contacted FXCM and spoke to 3 tech guys and they don't even know what it is. Hoping to acquire it if possible. Thanks much.

dwf

Radarscreen is a built-in feature of TradeStation and MultiCharts.

It is not an independent program.

Can someone code all of these trade station indicators for ninja trader. It would be much appreciated!!!:helloooo:

Techfan...they are done! The squeeze is done in 3 ways for NT...Look here TradingStudies.com....use the CounterTrend setup, one of 3 in the RSqueeze.zip indicator. Sign up one Big Mikes Trading Forum...they have a template in the downloads NT template section. For the indicators look at the PBF thread and Jeff did the template and he shows the indicators in a jpg of what is needed and all are on BMT download section. Have Fun, and stay out of chop. Mark

Thanks CH888

No it's not me...... a little bit annoying that someone is profiting from my goodwill. They're free files so I presume I'm helpless to stop him selling them aren't I ?

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Guys, has anyone downloaded the news forex system? Apparently it can trade BOTH trending AND ranging market conditions using the same system. It looks pretty awesome actually.

Here's the link to download it

You are spamming everywhere......and also very stupid...first post first bs.............

Here you go, see the attached doc for the code of all the indicators posted in this thread ( except 2ma, which you have )

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Hi,

In post #47 on page 5, Blu-Ray attached a doc file but when I try to save target as, all I get is a gif file. And when I try to click on it, a new blank webpage opens. Can anyone please post the code for the BR_Paint Bars because I am using OEC and I can't open the eld file?

Thanks.

Hi,

In post #47 on page 5, Blu-Ray attached a doc file but when I try to save target as, all I get is a gif file. And when I try to click on it, a new blank webpage opens. Can anyone please post the code for the BR_Paint Bars because I am using OEC and I can't open the eld file?

Thanks.

// BR Paint Bars

Inputs: price(Close), length(13),
	upColour(Blue), downColour(Red);
var:
intrabarpersist v1(0);

v1 = jtHMA(price, length);

plotpb(high,low, "jtHMA");

{ Color criteria }
if (v1 > v1[1]) then 
setplotcolor(1, upColour)
else {if (Value1 < Value1[1]) then }

Thanks Tams. The following code is what I have and it compiles error free. However, I am not getting the multiple colours in OEC Trader, only one constant colour. Is the code correct for Paint Bars?

// BR Paint Bars

Inputs: price(Close), length(13),

upColour(Blue), downColour(Red);

var:

intrabarpersist v1(0);

v1 = jtHMA(price, length);

plotpb(high,low, "jtHMA");

{ Color criteria }

if (v1 > v1[1]) then

setplotcolor(1, upColour)

else {if (Value1 < Value1[1]) then }

#function jtHMA

Inputs: price(NumericSeries), length(NumericSimple);

Vars: halvedLength(0), sqrRootLength(0);

{

Original equation is:

---------------------

waverage(2*waverage(close,period/2)-waverage(close,period), SquareRoot(Period)

Implementation below is more efficient with lengthy Weighted Moving Averages.

In addition, the length needs to be converted to an integer value after it is halved and

its square root is obtained in order for this to work with Weighted Moving Averaging

}

if ((ceiling(length / 2) - (length / 2)) <= 0.5) then

halvedLength = ceiling(length / 2)

else

halvedLength = floor(length / 2);

if ((ceiling(SquareRoot(length)) - SquareRoot(length)) <= 0.5) then

sqrRootLength = ceiling(SquareRoot(length))

else

sqrRootLength = floor(SquareRoot(length));

Value1 = 2 * WAverage(price, halvedLength);

Value2 = WAverage(price, length);

Value3 = WAverage((Value1 - Value2), sqrRootLength);

jtHMA = Value3;

Blue-Ray or anyone, is there a way to change the blue dots/line on the 2Fast Ma's to another color that can be more easily seen on a black back ground chart and same with the blue bars on the BR_Paint Bars. Green would be nice on the Paint Bars. I'm technically challenged so any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks

Sierra

Hello,

I was very happy to find Blu-Ray's Squeeze indicator, but when I put it on my Tradestation (version 9.5) chart, the all-important color bars in the middle were so tiny you can hardly see them. Attached are two pix to demonstrate. Does anybody have a clue how to fix this, so those bars are large enough to see? I've played with every setting I can find on Tradestation, but no luck so far. Do I just need to find a different version of the Squeeze? Any help gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Tasuki

5aa712a8cde68_Squeezesettingproblem.thumb.png.84621fe3e7bcef9186b76601da2b3fad.png

5aa712a8d3347_Squeezesettinghowitshouldlook.thumb.png.ddbb8cefd2145d6617a064f5cef5ba8c.png

Hello,

I was very happy to find Blu-Ray's Squeeze indicator, but when I put it on my Tradestation (version 9.5) chart, the all-important color bars in the middle were so tiny you can hardly see them. Attached are two pix to demonstrate. Does anybody have a clue how to fix this, so those bars are large enough to see? I've played with every setting I can find on Tradestation, but no luck so far. Do I just need to find a different version of the Squeeze? Any help gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Tasuki

Tasuki,

Did you try to format Style, Weight (/width) for that plot?

If that doesn't work, check see if width is being 'overridden' in the code.

hth

zdo