Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

How Much Would You Pay to Learn from a Veteran Trader?

reminds me of Joey Knish, the only one who really 'made it' in the movie Rounders.

“… don't got the stones? You ignorant punk. I play for money. I owe rent. Child support. I play for money, not the f**kin' world series on ESPN.”

Great quote, love the movie!

PS: Yep... played poker for a while pretty intensely ;-)

My answer, is $498.70

Well, sort of. I wrote a course on my method, and was going to sell it for that, but I had issues with my marketing team and the course never saw the light of day.

I did do some sample test marketing, and the response I got was pretty disheartening to say the least. The most common response was I was some sort of scam artist looking to fleece beginners of their money.

I have to say I was shocked, and quite dismayed by that type of feed back; so much so, that I have decided I am not willing to ever share what I do with anyone.

On the subject of whether or not this is teachable, I believe the Turtle experiment proved it was. However, if you look at how they did it, they had a process of elimination. Those who could not follow their rules, or did not show an aptitude, were eliminated from the program.

What I got out of that is that, Yes, trading can be taught. However, only to people who have a certain *It Factor* in the first place.

I really feel that only a small percentage of the population can do this stuff successfully. I really do feel that we are 1% of the population. Everyone else is doomed to blow out their accounts before they start.

Given that, I could mentor, or sell courses to plenty of people, who just don't have what it takes to succeed in Futures. However, I really don't want to be blamed when they blow out their accounts, and accuse me of ripping them off because they just don't have the talent to do this, no matter what system they follow.

I really feel that only a small percentage of the population can do this stuff successfully. I really do feel that we are 1% of the population. Everyone else is doomed to blow out their accounts before they start.

Given that, I could mentor, or sell courses to plenty of people, who just don't have what it takes to succeed in Futures. However, I really don't want to be blamed when they blow out their accounts, and accuse me of ripping them off because they just don't have the talent to do this, no matter what system they follow.

I agree that only a small percentage of people will ever succeed, which puts you in an a position where you will be extremely unlikely to be appreciated for passing on your knowledge to beginners.

I don't believe it can be 'taught' as such, as everyone has their own personal goals when they start trading. When I was a total beginner I took tips and hints from friends and my broker, and just started slow. :cool:

WRB, I said somethings to you in the past that were inappropriate. I apologize for those inappropriate choices. I am still reviewing what I need to change about myself so I can make better choices in the future.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about nor how you came to such a conclusion from me asking you to "read" past conversation between forum management, myself and others about vendors after my prior reply to someone else about my concerns about their student trading the first time on their own with real-money. :doh:

(I do notice you make no commentary to the other person that has no vendor status and that openly said they have clients. You also seem to have not been aware that forum management already knew about my status as a vendor via public and private conversations with forum management about such here at TL)

Regardless, the fact remains that forum management had implied they (themselves) would put the big C underneath the names of any one known to have been "vending" here at TL via public messages or private messages here at TL and that they would rely on members to notify them about whom are vending here at TL. In addition, they made an announcement about such in one particular thread about vendors even though I knew they were going to do such via private message conversations between forum management and myself.

In contrast, I was not aware that forum management had created a "vendor self-announcement" tab that was embedded inside the "About" tab of all members with the default set at NO until you referred to my constructive criticism about another members service as a blatant breach of protocol. :rofl: Yet, you didn't know anyone not aware of such a tab (except possibly new members) will not be aware that forum management set their status to NO as a question about vendor. If there was such an announcement about a new tab...I didn't know about it and I'm sure others still don't know about it especially those that rarely visit TL.

Anyways, if you're still not sure what I'm talking about...I'll repeat...please read my past post here at TL with forum management about vendors and the suggestions made by TL members (including myself) about the problems then...

Suggestions that seem to be working by the way. Thus, the changes have been positive so far because a lot of the crap that use to happen have now been minimized :cool: