Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Conditionals with IRT

Hi Chad,

Would like to post this here so other users of IRT may find it helpful as well.

I figured out how to plot painbar like studies on IRT using formulas. what I am interested in doing is having automatic horizontal lines plotted on the 60min high/low. Can you guide me on how I should go about doing this? Thanks

Hi Chad,

Would like to post this here so other users of IRT may find it helpful as well.

I figured out how to plot painbar like studies on IRT using formulas. what I am interested in doing is having automatic horizontal lines plotted on the 60min high/low. Can you guide me on how I should go about doing this? Thanks

What periodicity would the chart itself be? Let's assume 1-minute, then you'd like to see on each 1-min bar, the high and low of the 60-min bar which contains that 1-min bar? Or would you like to see the high and low of the last completed 60-min bar? Or would you like to see the high and low of the 60-minute period of which that 1-min is the last minute (so highest high of last 60 bars essentially)?

Thanks Tin... but looks like the video is showing me how to plot lines on the mp charts. Im looking to plot automatic lines of the IB high/low on m candlestick charts.

Yes, I think this video TinGull shared will show you to transfer the IB direction from the MP charts:

http://www.linnsoft.com/videos/tpo_lines_flash/index.html

However there are easier ways to do this....using the Session Statistic indicator. But the exact settings for the indicator may vary depending on the session and periodicity of your chart.

For a chart setup on day session (session 2 in IRT), you'd simply setup Session Statistics as "highest high of the first 60 minutes of the session" (and another for lowest low). This chart demonstrates this:

http://www.charthub.com/images/2008/03/15/InitialBalance.png

InitialBalance.png

That's probably a little easier than transferring from and MP chart...and it has the advantage of not being dependent on the MP chart...AND it plots the IB historically so you can review IB on past sessions. However, if you're looking to plot alot of the other MP prices like VA, OR, etc...the method described in the video might be the way to go.

Thank you Chad. I like the Sessions Statistics indicator. I am curious to see if the green stepping line can be ignored? Instead of trying to update each bar, is it possible to have the lines just plot once the first 60min is complete? Thanks

Okay Im stuck here. How would I go about switching this CQG language to IRT language.

Vol(@)[1] < Vol(@)

Volume of next bar is less than volume of current bar.

Thanks.

So you want to essentially look into the future from each bar and grab the volume of the next bar, correct. Couple ways to do this. The easiest would probably be to use the MA (Moving Average) token/indicator. Set it up as "Simple 1 Period smoothing of Volume" and "shift left 1 bar". Let me know if you have any problems with that. Then, your syntax would be:

MA < VO