Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Autographed Steidlmayer Book Prize!!

Hi fellow TL members,

Today I have obtained two autographed rare copies of Steildmayers "New Market Discoveries". The book was translated into Japanese and released several years ago. The book is not available for purchase anywhere and is limited to only those within the financial industry.

I am keeping one for myself but would like to give away an extra copy with free shipping charges. Steidlmayer has signed the inner cover of this book. (not a print but actual signature)

I would like to a start a contest for this exclusive copy. Here are the conditions.

1. Post a broker review

OR

2. Upload an original trading video

AND

3. Must have 10 posts or more to qualify.

For those interested, please post here once you have met the above criteria. I will have a random (trust me it will be random) draw for one lucky winner out of all that participated.

Contest closes March 14, 2008!!

Thanks!

Great and yeah, make it random, James. Try not to pick any names except moderators. Try not to pick names that don't start with T. Try not to pick users with have less than 1000 posts... you get the picture!

;) (and don't make me say "oooh, ooooh, pick me, Mr. Cotter!!!!"). JK. Good luck all! Should be a good book to brag!

OK, so to post a broker review its pretty easy, just write one and post it up here. If, instead, you are going to upload an original trading video its going to require you have screen capture software. This can be expensive, but there are a number of free alternatives:

1. Camstudio

2. Jing Project

3. uTipu (thanks to heretodaygone… for bringing these last two to my attention)

Everything about how view, upload and share a trading video at Traders Laboratory can be found here.

Good luck everyone. :)

Hello Dear Soultrader, great idea that you have and sound a very interested and precious book to have. Thank for your generous offer. As I have been using Oanda for few years, you gave me an opportunity to write something about them.

Here is the link:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/broker.php?do=show&did=24

thank

Great trading to all

Sincerely

Shreem:)

I am keeping one for myself ...

James - when you get some time, any chance of a few comments/review on the book, what some of the new discoveries might be, any departures from the market profile process at it currently stands etc.

James - when you get some time, any chance of a few comments/review on the book, what some of the new discoveries might be, any departures from the market profile process at it currently stands etc.

Mister ed,

The book is in Japanese so have no clue. Did I tell you that I cant read japanese kanji? :doh:

Mister ed,

The book is in Japanese so have no clue. Did I tell you that I cant read japanese kanji? :doh:

LOL! Maybe Google Translate can be of assistance :haha:

Hello Dear Soultrader, great idea that you have and sound a very interested and precious book to have. Thank for your generous offer. As I have been using Oanda for few years, you gave me an opportunity to write something about them.

Here is the link:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/broker.php?do=show&did=24

thank

Great trading to all

Sincerely

Shreem,

I find it odd that you rated Oanda 5 stars in everything but state:

Cons: charting software very not great and really need improvment, big widening spreads at news time

The cons are: - charting sotware is really not great and need lot of improvement. - big widening of spreads at important news announcement which can be annoying.

- no traling stop functionality.

I'm curious how a broker that has poor charting and wide spreads can get a perfect review....

:confused:

What rating would they get if they actually had good charting?

James - where is the best place to put questions/comments for the reviewers as I did above here? I do not see a place in the actual review area for this, so just wondering where comments/questions should be placed.

Thanks

I've been all over the Tradestation review page with my issues with them.

Not sure if that qualifies, if not I'll gladly do a bigger write up to get in the mix here. :)

I've already put an ad in the local paper for a translator in anticipation of winning. ;) J/K

Thanks for the chance James. :cool:

Hello Brownsfan019, thank for the question. Yes, it it true that their chartign are very not great. However, this is not a big issue since you can find easily available charting package for forex either free or not.

So, for me this is a not a creteria for removing a star to them. The same for the widening of spread at new time as I dont trade news anyway.

So, overall, very happy with them. The only thing is they dont offer future trading and i will be moving to trading e-mini so will need to find one for future

Sincerely

Shreem,

I find it odd that you rated Oanda 5 stars in everything but state:

I'm curious how a broker that has poor charting and wide spreads can get a perfect review....

:confused:

What rating would they get if they actually had good charting?

Nope. Need to post a review here.

I added a full Tradestation review and paid for a translator to read me the book. :o

Good luck to all in the drawing. :)

My Infinity Futures review has been posted.

Also, could you add EFXGroup (http://www.efxgroup.com) to the list. It is the Forex ONLY branch of MBT. I could write a review under MBT but EFXGroup has a separate office (different customer support) and is currently rolling out their own software and charting so the review should be separate.

Nope. Need to post a review here.

Ok thanks, no problem....I just came back from Chicago from Pete Steidlymayer's seminar....he has changed from MP to a new "CapFLow" software style of trading anyway....

Thanks.

My Infinity Futures review has been posted.

Also, could you add EFXGroup (www.efxgroup.com) to the list. It is the Forex ONLY branch of MBT. I could write a review under MBT but EFXGroup has a separate office (different customer support) and is currently rolling out their own software and charting so the review should be separate.

Sure, will add that up right now. Thanks