Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jjthetrader

IRT Features

Sure, you can either stretch the main IRT task window across all monitors.... OR, any window (charts, quotepages, etc) can be made "floating" and then be dragged outside the IRT task window.

Hey Chad, two questions now that I'm up and running.

First, can I get volume levels to appear in the right pane like price? Please see pic for further explanation of what I mean.

Second, how do I get candles like the second pic that I took off your site?

thanks

JJ

5aa70e40ad589_IRTVolQuestion.jpg.6237674e11271560f46e8aeb1def23f1.jpg

5aa70e40b1888_candleslikethis.jpg.44bdadeb46890a7d37a3f38a325c93b8.jpg

JJ,

If you double-click on the volume bars in the lower pane, to bring up the preferences for that indicator, you'll see a "Label Current Value" checkbox at the bottom. Check that. You can specify the default behavior for the labelling in "setup: preferences: charts: general" window.

That chart is displayed in "Presentation Mode". Just right-click in the message area just below your main toolbar, and choose "Presentation Mode" to toggle that mode on/off. Here's a little more info on that:

http://www.linnsoft.com/qa/a/27.htm

Incidentally, I'm working on some additional aesthetic improvements in 9.0.1:

http://www.charthub.com/images/2008/02/22/30_Minute_Profiles

Watermarks, two-tone backgrounds, etc.

James, if you're referring to the profiles you saw in the last chart I posted, that's already available. There's an indicator called the "Profile Indicator". That particular Profile Indicator was setup to plot 30-minute profiles on 1-minute bars....and drawn as "Hollogram"....but it has a lot of flexibility....can plot 1 day profiles, multiday profiles, etc.

Here's more info:

http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/profile.htm

Hi again Chad,

I've looked on the site and watched the Market Profile vidoes but can't find how to condense the info down so the whole days profile fits on the screen without scrolling up. On a bar chart ctrl + up does the trick but not in MP. Can it be done?

thanks

Hi again Chad,

I've looked on the site and watched the Market Profile vidoes but can't find how to condense the info down so the whole days profile fits on the screen without scrolling up. On a bar chart ctrl + up does the trick but not in MP. Can it be done?

thanks

JJ,

Hold down the shift-key on the keyboard while either a) using the mouse scroll wheel, or b) operating the up/down arrows on the keyboards. This will allow you to zoom in/out on the profile and fit more in vertically and horizontally. Hope that's what you're looking for.

Actually...in traditional charts (candle/bar), ctrl isn't needed...just up/down key (or mouse wheel) will do it.

We used the up/down key and scroll wheel for vertical scrolling in MP charts....so the shift was required for zooming.

And although there is no vertical scrollbar in traditional charts, you can scroll vertically by dragging the right half of the vertical scale up down. When you do this, your scale goes into "manual" mode (you''ll see an M in upper right corner of scale). Just click that M to take scaling back to automatic. This should all be covered in the Traditional Chart (& MP Chart) videos at www.linnsoft.com/videos

Hey Chad, I've got an issue with my Value Area Indicator on my candle chart having different values than my MP chart. Is there a way to resolve this?

thanks

JJ, there are a few different methods used for computing a "Value Area". That "Value Area Indicator" actually predates the Market Profile chart. You can find more information on how the VA indicator computes it's values here:

http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/va.htm

But it does not use the tpo-based method that the Market Profile chart does. If you want to match the MP values, use either the TPO Indicator or the Profile Indicator.

Good morning Chad,

I'm wondering if I can get the time and sales window to float? The only way I can find to bring it up is with the toolbar on my MP chart and can't find the option to float it.

Is there a way?

thanks

JJ

Good morning Chad,

I'm wondering if I can get the time and sales window to float? The only way I can find to bring it up is with the toolbar on my MP chart and can't find the option to float it.

Is there a way?

thanks

JJ

Right-click inside the Time/Sales window to bring up the T/S preferences. There is a "Floating Window" checkbox in there. Check it.

Good morning Chad, does IRT have a market depth type of window graphically showing bid and ask at say 4 levels away from price? It's a feature I had in tradestation so just wondering if I have it now with IRT?

thanks

JJ