Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Blu-Ray

VSA - No Demand/No Supply & Squats

A special thanks to PivotProfiler for providing the code for VT, unfortunately I volunteered to translate it into Tradestation. Three weeks later and I'm finally finished. Apologies for the delay but Tradestation doesn't allow future referencing which the code did, so I had to individually make it backwards compatible.

For example VT code :

c>ref(c,+3) had to become c[3]>c in EasyLanguage.................and doing this for over 150 plots :bang head:

Most of the plots require at least 1 bar for confirmation, so I've coded the indicator to show, for example, "No Demand3(1)" in the data window to let you know that it required 1 bar for confirmation before the indicator plotted ( handy for looking over previous charts as well ).

I've also coded in Alerts into each one, so all you have to do is format the indicator and enable the Alerts if desired.

I've split the code into two ELD's, one for No Demand/Supply and the other for squats.

I've also included an input so you can adjust the number of ticks above/below the high/low you want the indicator to plot. Here's a pic of some examples:

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

attachment.php?attachmentid=5194&stc=1&d=1202860506

attachment.php?attachmentid=5193&stc=1&d=1202860506

VSA.thumb.png.d92021e1170b0576d8e34f7c22cda158.png

Alerts.png.4e78f2059aa38d5a0273b380c093670f.png

VSA_SQUATS.ELD

vsa-no-demand-no-supply.eld

Please forgive my ignorance Blu-Ray but could you explain what the numbers on No demand/No supply ranging from 1 to 43 indicate, also what does the bracketed (1) mean?

Do I take it that the Squat is part of the Bill Williams system ? This also has numbers ranging from 1 to 35?

Please forgive my ignorance Blu-Ray but could you explain what the numbers on No demand/No supply ranging from 1 to 43 indicate, also what does the bracketed (1) mean?

Do I take it that the Squat is part of the Bill Williams system ? This also has numbers ranging from 1 to 35?

Greycells

The numbers indicating 1 -43 are the different variations of how to come up with a no demand/ no supply.

I'm unsure on the squat question as it was PivotProfiler's code, all I have done is to translate it into TS.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Hi Blu-Ray,

Thank you very much for providing the indicator. Is it going to work for TS2000i as well?It does not recognize .eld extension.

Thank you,

Leonid

Hi Leonid

I don't think it will work, as I'm pretty sure TS2000i only allows 4 plots per indicator and these have over 150 plots, also you can only import ELA files. not ELD's.

You could alternatively split it into loads of indicators if you wanted, let me know and I'll attach a text file of the code.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Hi Blu-Ray,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

I would appreciate your sending me the code. I hope I can make it into less then 150/4 indicators.

Thank you very much in advance,

Leonid

Here you go Leonid, I've attached two text files, just from my observation, the majority of the signals fired are the NoDem/Supp 3 and 14.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

VSA No Demand No Supply.txt

VSA Squats.txt

Hi Blu Ray, thanks so much for converting them. I do plan to donate to your time if I use the code. I have a question for you. Since this is Easy Language will it work with both TS and Multi Charts? I have used neither so far, but looking at them. I would think so because both use EL? Currently I use Sierra Charts so I am attempting to do due diligence before making a forklift upgrade to a new charting platform. Thanks again. :):)

Hi Blu Ray, thanks so much for converting them. I do plan to donate to your time if I use the code. I have a question for you. Since this is Easy Language will it work with both TS and Multi Charts? I have used neither so far, but looking at them. I would think so because both use EL? Currently I use Sierra Charts so I am attempting to do due diligence before making a forklift upgrade to a new charting platform. Thanks again. :):)

Thanks dandxg, I believe it should work with MultiCharts as well, hopefully a MultiCharts user here could confirm this.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Thanks Blu-Ray

43 different variations of no demand/supply, hardly a KISS system. As the indicator fires off only after 1 to 3 bars, this is a confirming system after you have done your analysis and entered your trade. Is this what TG offers as software?

Thanks Blu-Ray

43 different variations of no demand/supply, hardly a KISS system. As the indicator fires off only after 1 to 3 bars, this is a confirming system after you have done your analysis and entered your trade. Is this what TG offers as software?

Yes there are 43 different variations, but just from my observation there's normally only 2 that will fire off ( No Demand/supply 3 & 14 ).

Also you are right, these are NOT buy/sell signals, just an aid to help out with the correct analysis. ( thrunner posted some links for explanations here)

I believe it is something very similar to what TG offers, however when PP made the original code he might have added/removed some variations.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

hi Blu-Ray

Thank you for this nice piece of work, I'm using it daily. However the dots are somewhat misplaced and I've looked into the code to investigate it.

Could you please tell me the reason for calculating the following:

HT=Low - NumberofTicks*mintick;

LT=High + NumberofTicks*mintick;

HT? LT?

Shouldn't the dot just be placed right under lowest or upon highest and if more than one dot then displace it accordingly?

Have I missed something here? :hmmmm:

Once again, thank you for your time!

hi Blu-Ray

Thank you for this nice piece of work, I'm using it daily. However the dots are somewhat misplaced and I've looked into the code to investigate it.

Could you please tell me the reason for calculating the following:

HT=Low - NumberofTicks*mintick;

LT=High + NumberofTicks*mintick;

HT? LT?

Shouldn't the dot just be placed right under lowest or upon highest and if more than one dot then displace it accordingly?

Have I missed something here? :hmmmm:

Once again, thank you for your time!

Hi januson

It should plot the dot above the high or low, depending on which one fired. The reason for the LT & HT were so that you could put the dot x amount of ticks above the high. If I were to just put it above the high, then depending how big you want the dot, it can cover up the high, so when you're doing analysis you then have to click on the bar to find out the true high, rather than a visual look at it.

If you want it on the high/low then just set the number of ticks input to 0.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Edited by Blu-Ray

Yes, it works well in Multicharts.

hi again..

I'm using MultiCharts and I think the dots are misplaced, for some strange reason they are flying to high or to low. But it's nothing to do with your code, I've just created a support question at TS Support as it must be a bug in MC.

hi again..

I'm using MultiCharts and I think the dots are misplaced, for some strange reason they are flying to high or to low. But it's nothing to do with your code, I've just created a support question at TS Support as it must be a bug in MC.

Hi januson

Yes I think you're right about MC, as I've had another member mention the same problem. Unfortunately I don't have MC to test out the fault, however it seems to be working fine in TS.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Yes I think you're right about MC, as I've had another member mention the same problem. Unfortunately I don't have MC to test out the fault, however it seems to be working fine in TS.Blu-Ray

Thanks for the indicator, BR. The problem with MC may be with scaling to symbol setting.

By default the scaling of a MC indicator is to screen, which is something TS doesn't do.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4719&d=1199973671

Hi Blu-Ray,

I was looking through the code and I think I found a possible mistake. Can you verify for Plot21 and Plot22 in the file "VSA No Demand No Supply.txt". Both "if" statements for those plots contain the condition: (H[3]-L[3])<(H[3]-L[3]) which will always be evaluated as FALSE. Perhaps this is a typo???

Thanks,

Ben

Here you go Leonid, I've attached two text files, just from my observation, the majority of the signals fired are the NoDem/Supp 3 and 14.

Hi Blu-Ray,

I was looking through the code and I think I found a possible mistake. Can you verify for Plot21 and Plot22 in the file "VSA No Demand No Supply.txt". Both "if" statements for those plots contain the condition: (H[3]-L[3])<(H[3]-L[3]) which will always be evaluated as FALSE. Perhaps this is a typo???

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Ben for pointing that out, yes it is a mistake :doh:

the code should read " (H[3]-L[3])<(H[4]-L[4]) ".

I've attached the modified ELD ( Hopefully James or a Mod could move it to the front page )

Thanks again

Blu-Ray

VSA_NODEM_NOSUPP.ELD

Thanks Ben for pointing that out, yes it is a mistake :doh:

the code should read " (H[3]-L[3])<(H[4]-L[4]) ".

I've attached the modified ELD ( Hopefully James or a Mod could move it to the front page )

Thanks again

Blu-Ray

Fixed. Thanks.