Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Trading In The Zone by Mark Douglas

I became interested in pyschology and NLP a few years back. I read variety of trading pyschology books but this book is considered one of my favorites among them.

Alot of good insights in this book that deals with the mindset of a trader. Alot of it has to do with reprogramming your mind and changing your belief system. In order to fully appreciate the benefits on this book, one must already have a trading strategy or system. This will help you add the missing pieces in your trading: pyschology.

Although learning the mechanics of trading can take some time, trading is mainly pyschology. Understanding how other traders think and self understanding is the key to success.

I highly recommend it for traders in all stages. A must read for any serious short term trader.

Mark's book is cited by many as pivotal in their success as a trader and how they managed to convert from amateur to pro.

I have read and re-read this book and although some of the language and descriptions are somewhat verbose this is an excellent insight into how to condition the mind to accept the challenge of trading.

Highly recommended for traders of all levels. I'de be interested to know out of those that have read it, how many followed Marks plan at the end of the book - I'm guessing those that did turned the corner and those that didn't are still fighting with their emotion?

You'll also need to read his first book to get the full picture.

None the less, his books helped me answer many questions I had prior to reading them.

I was the dumb schmuck holding off on his books even after being introduced to them about 2 years ago.

So, would you advise to read both of his books? If so, in any particular order?

I have heard great things about his work!

I would recommend reading the first, then the second.

The first time I read it...it made sense. The second time I read it (after slugging away a few years) it really "popped".

All the time spent learning indicators, reading charts, tweaking system probability, backtestsing and analyzing was well worth it, but it is almost funny how things have gone full-circle and my system is unbelievably simple.

This book helped "lock" (or unlock) the psyche where it needed it.

Must read for day/swing traders.