Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hi everybody.

thanks for this great thread.

Here is my VSA journey.

When i first time read the info about vsa in forexfactory 3 weeks ago.

i was attracted by it deeply.

i traded forex six years and never cared about volume,never thought it is important and an useful tool.I am so glad those days has passed.

I read Tom's book "The Undeclared Secrets that Drive The Stock Market".(excellent book) and VSA threads in tw2 and here(tons of great information).

That's really making a big big progress for my trading view and skill.

I practiced and draw the text on my chart everyday.

In the beginning,vsa just looks like used to predict next bar for me,but after more reading and learning.i realize it's a different story.

I know i need to see the big picture ,and now by using what i learn here, I can see it more clear than before.

I am very appreciated with all of you.

I will do more effort learning VSA and Wyckoff.

Although there are still lots of work to do ,i know i am on the right way.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN.:)

Regards.

which forex charts are you using. Could u post something on today's price action using 5minute charts, so that i can compare our readings of VSA. here is my effort on today's eurusd using the 5min chart.

Please help I'm newbie.

3-3-00016.thumb.png.5ec833b63a5fa7945167225d1d264d7c.png

I think we are going to have great fun with VSA. I have only read Undeclared Secrets and watch Mr Gavin's tradeguider videos. I am keeping MTM at bay until I do 2 weeks analysis with Undeclared, so that its easier to see and understand the setups when I read MTM.

Forex traders, please post your EURUSD 5m charts so that we can compare.

Hy hummie

Great idea, VSA is mindboggling. Any help welcome. Do you have a link to the info metioned ?

Cheers Dutchy

hey buddy

U need to get undeclared secrets, and MTM plus there r tons of videos by tradeguider on youtube. watch them and u can read the setups yourself, saving yourself 3k$ in the process. I nearly falled for the tradeguider joke and arrange a hire purchase with them.

of course i will buy it on a firesale but not for 3k. maybe for $300.

Hi All, Noob post here.

Was led here by a friend of mine, thanks to Milan. I read the VSA goodies, including many of the VSA resources listed here on the thread and others. Thank you for that.

I have programmed Ensign software to highlight all

No Demand Bars (higher close, volume less than previous two bars) - and annoted with a D below that bar

No Supply Bars (lower close, volume less than previous two bars) - annotated with a S below that bar

Squat Bars - lower range than previous bar with higher volume - annotated with a X above it

WRB's - highlight on the bars that qualify.

However, I see so many losing trades on todays Russel - even if you wait one bar for confirmation of the "strength" of the No Demand or No Supply Bar. Yes - the trend was definately down - but even the shorts would have lost fairly rigourously here (obviously depending on where one puts their stops).

I thought I would put this out there, and see what you think. Russel, 1min Chart - attached the same chart with a white background if thats easier on the eye. And double edit: 5min Russel attached showing down trend, and same period of time.

Thanks - Good Trading - G

Triple Edit: So I decided to do the logical thing: look for a trade setup on the 5min - and once it was confirmed then look to the 1min for a sign that confirmed the HTF setup. In this particular case - following the confirmation bar scenario on the 5 - I see the following:

1440: Large Test - wait for the next bar - should be bullish. It isnt.

1450: No Demand bar - bearish - wait for next bar which should be bearish - it is - a test.

Go down to 1Minute Bars:

1454: No supply bar - which is bullish - but is followed by a comprehensively bearish bar. This is itself a signal of weakness - and could be a short. - stop on the high (+1) of the no supply bar - doesnt get breached.

1508: No Demand bar - the low of which gets broken 4 bars later. Once the low is breached, the stop doesnt get hit.

1510pm: 1-2 Reversal, followed by a further bearish bar.

1514: No Demand Bar - low is breached by a bearish closing bar. Profits to be had on each.

I hope that helps some, it sure would have kept me out of losing trades. Cheers.

Russel.thumb.jpg.ee123c6406e061d0db9551726c40022d.jpg

5aa70eb7793f2_Russel2.thumb.JPG.88d9e671254e6c7d3f5fe013f30ee7da.JPG

5aa70eb781701_Russel5min.thumb.JPG.81658272bf4de5e3b9b94a88a96e8834.JPG

Edited by GLE%

I have programmed Ensign software to highlight all....

Hi GLE,

Could you post your Ensign template? Or pm it to me. It might be easier for me to see what your doing on my own charts.

Thanks

~Mike

Hi All,

I am new to VSA. I have a question which hopefully some can help me with. My question is if upthrust and test are bi-directional? What I mean is that I always see upthrusts mentioned, is there such signals as downthrusts? Also I always see test for supply, is a test for demand also valid?

Thanks in advance

Morning All,

Received a couple of PM's asking for the template etc for Ensign - I wont release that just yet because I am unsure if what I am doing is presenting the best visible options. Once I am sure with that - absolutely - I am happy to share that.

Heres a close up of the same period in question - hopefully this is visually better?

Thanks - G

5aa70eb7e8e22_Russel3.thumb.JPG.75a31920bb89d4fcba5a5ffd73f5b3db.JPG

GLE

I am preparing to post a newbie analysis of the 5m chart u posted a day ago. Its a bit a comprehensive, partly for me to learn from my mistakes and also to get help where I may err.

Thanx for the indicator. We will improve it working together here.

Could u indicate on the chart where precisely u took a trade, that resulted in a loss. Else it means one has to analyse the entire chart and offer the commentary on all the shorts and longs.

Morning All,

Received a couple of PM's asking for the template etc for Ensign - I wont release that just yet because I am unsure if what I am doing is presenting the best visible options. Once I am sure with that - absolutely - I am happy to share that.

Heres a close up of the same period in question - hopefully this is visually better?

Thanks - G

Hi Humsdegg,

Thanks so much for the offer - sorry that time has kept me away. I'll leave the analysis alone for now, and rather offer something.

All for Ensign - and one caveat - I reckon someone with better skills would easily make a cleaner, neater alert in Ensign.

For the No Demand bar - it requires 4 alerts to be created, and bobs your auntie. Do the opposite of those alerts for the "No Supply bar".

5aa70eb8918fb_NoDemand1.JPG.755b6aee15a179428f9066310d41d116.JPG

5aa70eb89652f_NoDemand2.JPG.3cda106debaaaac923358393f7a15cf0.JPG

5aa70eb89b6f6_NoDemand3.JPG.e30d30003df7c99f46177943f393c3f1.JPG

5aa70eb8a1380_NoDemand4.JPG.3c23b4f6d527c7d3d111f33df44a2e29.JPG

As for Volume, I use a Donchian Channel on that, including a Keltner band (x2)

If anyone is interested, I'll post those.

GLE%,

I am one who is interested in how you are sorting out VSA / volume with tools at hand!

Would you include your template to look at?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi All;

I've been using Volume sticks on my Globex trading (SP500, YMM) and , after some experience it really can tell me lot about marked intentions, sentiment, players, but you have to watch them same way as candles; invidually and in a group(for example they often clearly tell you when minitrend is about to end, is any enthusiasm left in market.

I recently came across VSA, read a book, watched several presentations, and must say that many times their conclusions are correct ( I recognized the action, now I know what it is.. kind of inventing a wheel thing..)...and I did not use their pricely courses or software ( I'm sure they a perfectly ok.), but often VSA pattern is there, but results not as predicted( of course they rarely show you those:) ), as with everything in trading live.

I would rather, if you think that Volume is important (if you can measure it; I hear in Forex is not possible ), treat these Volume sticks as candles you study every day both togther to see relations, and not only invidually but also bigger picture.

There is plenty of free material on the Web to learn about that.

Anyway, it's my penny, whatever is it worth.

Happy ticking everybody!

Januszom

GLE

Thanx for the settings. I tried to put them on but had difficulties. Could u please zip your template and upload it here, together with the indicators on the volume too.

could u also eleborate on what's still not working well i.e. u mentioned getting losses. what's the specific losses that we can help identify

Is there a VSA dedicated free tradingroom, where we can meet as VSA traders, so that we can use our various datafeeds and charts to collectively call trades. if there is such a room, could some1 please provide the info.

Or else we can look at mirc , in any channel other than othernet, which is congested these days.

thanx.

My yesterdays trade ES

I anticipated that price bounce from 789- 790. Why ??

There was corridor max volume from 8,30 - 10,30 hour (for me resistence) and I like this "return" of price to marabozo bar. ( test suppy ??? ..maybe)

so

1,2 ---supply enter

3--- no demand for me

entry on break of no demand

There was little divergence of TICK too.

But for me is little risky trade because I dont like entry opposite peak of volume today (tirquoise line). Is it strong support so I exited about 781.

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1237536733_58_UploadImage.png

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1237536787_77_UploadImage.png

Overall situation ES market:

1 hour TF -- uptrend , but in monday there was potential buying climax ,so I

expected possible test of high and correction.

5 min --from starting day there was for me some sideway, later seems as not considerable uptrend in low volume, so whole day I patiently wait for down move. First very nice sign are bars in green rectangle . Increasing volume ,spread (supply enter -- I call this "holy trio" :)) .Next is very reliable (for me) pattern:

1 no demand

2 supply enter ( it is not upthrust) close below low of no demand .

I always watch for very small TF 500 V and after no demand ( after sign of strenght of course) I concentrate for next bar and if see large bid volume and swift move of price ,sometime I entry 10-20 secons before end of num. 2 bar.

I like this pattern in very nice down trend but in this moment there was not clear downtrend and I was afraid support below current price ,but bars in green rectangle convince me that support will be break down. I started watch too max volume level every hour a few days ago .I have not big experiences with ,but is good when price bounce from max volume level from last 2 hours,that is almost same(green rectangle).

Exit was on 809 - max volume of day and this week - for me resistence ( it was true just partially in this case -it is pity)

I WOULD LIKE ASK , HAS SOMEBODY SOME RELIABLE PATTERN FOR ENTRY IN NICE UPTREND ???? CAN PUBLISH IT IN THIS THREAD ???

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1237924800_98_UploadImage.png

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1237924598_72_UploadImage.png

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1237924886_24_UploadImage.png

Thanks Kuky for keeping the vsa fires burning here. how do u get the $TICK on your chart? I understand its not part of normal transact datafeed on sierra?

The bars u have numbered 1,2 on the 5m chart are weak bars, evidenced in the narrow spread on average volume. Plus both of them seem to a perfect top reversal.

Thanx.

Edited by humdesggg
none

hey Kuky,

Thanks for sharing. I like your setup - heres why:

On the 15min:

a) you have a 2 bar Reversal - around 1330pm. - bearish sign.

b) its made more bearish by the fact that the HighOfDay (HOD), pokes above the previous globex swing high (at 2am), and then immediately closes down below that swing high.

c) market retreats.

d) the background is that the rally was done on rather poor volume on the 15min - weak.

5Mins:

a) market makes a WRB (wide range bar)14:10.

b) we get an upthrust at 14:25 into the weak area displayed on the 15min. it also closes into the WRB - poking above it, and then back down again.

c) market falls on increasing spread and volume - giving credence to the short.

d) 1445pm, you get the ND, followed by the bar you call number 2. For me, this is a 2bar reversal.

e) 1455pm, you get the WRB again, on high volume. market cannot close above that bar at all, rather, within 3 bars we get a close beneath the low of that bar, once again on higher volume.

f) 1530pm, we get a high volume test. VSA teaches us that high volume tests will usually result in higher prices momentarily, but come back down to to test that area again.

g) 1545pm, we get a WRB on high volume again closing down, next bar closes below the swing low at 1215pm - on fairly high volume for the afternoon session. Continuation sign.

Beautiful music!

Two charts, 15min and 5min.

Key to my charts -

Red X is squat bar - by definition

Yellow X is two bars on increasing volume in a row.

B is a ND bar - buy - by definition

S - is a NS bar - sell - by definition.

Red dot on volume, is lowest volume in last 20periods.

5aa70ebcd1b66_5Min24MarchES.thumb.jpg.0f1329529998dc4b0a533d516f5d151c.jpg

5aa70ebcda187_15Min24MarchES.thumb.jpg.2a61f6d736b935b3fae99b3d099bc578.jpg

Two charts, 15min and 5min.

Key to my charts -

Red X is squat bar - by definition

Yellow X is two bars on increasing volume in a row.

B is a ND bar - buy - by definition

S - is a NS bar - sell - by definition.

Red dot on volume, is lowest volume in last 20periods.

Whilst No Demands come in different intensities, you would want to be looking to short (sell) not buy after a No Demand (ND).

With No Supply, you would want to be looking to go long (buy) not sell after.

One way to make them more "powerful" is to look for only those that are at least NR4 bars. That is, that have a range less than the previous 3 bars.

The best ones are also going to be Dunnigan bars: for No Demand-make higher high than previous bar but not a lower low. For No Supply-make a lower low but not a higher high. The next ideal would be an inside bar.

Also if you want to clean up your chart, you can choose to only place signals on those that confirm. No Demands that have the next bar down and No Supply/tests that have the next bar up.

From a trading standpoint you could still choose to enter when the low is breached for ND and when the High is breached for NS/Test.

Hope this helps.