Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Here's a bit of what I'm learning about looking to the background. This is a chart of the ES. Price seems to be at a very interesting level.

Are we reaccumulating in all this mess today? I'd love to hear people's opinions.

5aa70e3f19657_ESpriceAction.thumb.jpg.fbdb0b9e95e8346a7190654b1307d2ce.jpg

Hi everybody,

I am reading the earlier thread on VSA, i notice that PP has emphasized a lot about low volume signals like test/no demand inside the body of WRB or high volume area.

It seems to me a WRB on volume profile will most likely show low volume on volume profile, MP will say Low volume areas to act as support/Resistance area , My question is can we use concept of low volume signal in high volume area on volume profile i.e. a test or no demad appears at the developing PVP?

Anybody has any experience on that,

Good trading

Naveen

Great thread , I am new here but not to trading via price/vol (VSA) etc.

Great charts JJ ,

listened to the Video by Tom Williams & Joel. Thanks for putting it up here .

No problem. Great to have you here. Looking forward to your perspective since you've been at price/vol for while.

cheers

Here's a bit of what I'm learning about looking to the background. This is a chart of the ES. Price seems to be at a very interesting level.

Are we reaccumulating in all this mess today? I'd love to hear people's opinions.

I can give an opinion , but it is biased to way I trade and wouldn't work for others to follow. That said, I don't focus too much on bar by bar analysis but look at price as a movie from left to right. Not saying bar by bar is good to see, but demand and supply can come in at any time and change things. One must be ready to accept that. Price is going to resolve itself here, one way or another and it behooves one to be ready for it.

erie

Hello Mr erierambler,

Any chance you could change your avatar ? your spider freaks me out somewhat :(

I know it's not going to jump out and bite me from the screen but to us Arachnophobics it's a bit ...................

You talk/write good stuff so I wouldn't want to skip through any of your worthwhile posts.

Cheers

from a spider-fearing trader than won't ever visit or live in Australia due to the above phobia !!

Hello everybody,

I am relatively new to VSA and I want to ask you experts a question.

Attached is a EURUSD daily chart. I missed a trade here. Could you please tell me when I had to go long on the last swing started at point 1? I didn't see any obvious signal until it was too late but I am probably missing something important.

Thank you very much,

Leonid

EURUSD-D.thumb.PNG.de0a304056f38acbaa3fd49c2875806c.PNG

Hello everybody,

Attached is a EURUSD daily chart. I missed a trade here. Could you please tell me when I had to go long on the last swing started at point 1? I didn't see any obvious signal until it was too late but I am probably missing something important.

Thank you very much,

Leonid

Hi Leonid, this is just a quick recap of what I saw at first glance. You're in an uptrend, higher lows on the swings. You get that big down bar that closes off the low with the next bar up (the area you marked as 1). This confirms buying on the downbar. A couple bars later you get what appears to be a test. You could have gone long after the test was confirmed. It's totally personal where one gets in. You said by then it's too late but a decent strategy is to buy high and sell higher, not necessarily buy low sell high. By waiting for confimation you don't get the best enty price but you do get more confidence.

Hope it helps.

EURUSD-D.thumb.PNG.aaa47da6e2366926e32becd54a43a8d3.PNG

Hello everybody,

Thank you very much,

Leonid

Trying to buy bottoms and sell tops is tough. Even Gavin and the expert himself Tom Williams said that today. Today I tried to sell what I thought was the top on the Euro at 1.4787 and got stopped out for -10. I think it much easier to buy a pullback on lower volume whether it be in a confirmed uptrend or downtrend. Often I find, because I use fib too, that these correspond to fib ratios. The stronger the uptrend vice versa the more you get these pullbacks to about 38% on lower volume. What I was reminded today from TG was that I should be looking at higher time frame first, 240 min, then 60, then 15 or 5 for entry. If I had looked at 240 there is no way I would have sold because there was no reversal showing on the 240 min to propel the downside action on the lower time frame chart. I can't post right now, but should be able to next week, long story. Hopefully this makes sense and helps you a bit.

I had a request for the Joel video unzipped so here it is:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/fileshare/38649

Thanks for the video, I think :) However, we really didn't needed to hear "next slide please" and waited 30 seconds and then "Gavin, did you hear me, next slide please" :rofl: I don't think we needed to hear "you will make obscenely amount of money" either. There is some truth to what he presented, but this video really has zero technical content as to setups until about 35 minutes into this 41 minute video, and all of that was about following the Tom Williams' Trade Guider indicator.

I did learn, however, that Richard Ney was a good looking guy, no wonder he was a Hollywood actor.

erierambler, a hint for your next avatar ?

rney_large.png.81aed67f19e85d4594f14a83f5c9d780.png

I can give an opinion , but it is biased to way I trade and wouldn't work for others to follow. That said, I don't focus too much on bar by bar analysis but look at price as a movie from left to right. Not saying bar by bar is good to see, but demand and supply can come in at any time and change things. One must be ready to accept that. Price is going to resolve itself here, one way or another and it behooves one to be ready for it.

erie

correct erie, if you trade bar by bar your gonna get caught up in a hell of a cob web.......

I think your avators great btw

Thanks for the video, I think :) However, we really didn't needed to hear "next slide please" and waited 30 seconds and then "Gavin, did you hear me, next slide please" :rofl: I don't think we needed to hear "you will make obscenely amount of money" either. There is some truth to what he presented, but this video really has zero technical content as to setups until about 35 minutes into this 41 minute video, and all of that was about following the Tom Williams' Trade Guider indicator.

I did learn, however, that Richard Ney was a good looking guy, no wonder he was a Hollywood actor.

erierambler, a hint for your next avatar ?

Have seen a couple of webinars by this guy now, a colleague sent me this link:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108364&highlight=sebastian+manby

Has anybody asked if he trades with realmoney in realtime? or is it they he has mastered the art of creating an illusion of trading in realtime i.e put up a live chart, baffle the students with a lot of bull, let a few bars pass by and then point out what should have been or could have been an entry and profit.;) the students are left with a feeling that was a realtime call;):haha:

Have seen a couple of webinars by this guy now, a colleague sent me this link:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108364&highlight=sebastian+manby

Has anybody asked if he trades with realmoney in realtime? or is it they he has mastered the art of creating an illusion of trading in realtime i.e put up a live chart, baffle the students with a lot of bull, let a few bars pass by and then point out what should have been or could have been an entry and profit.;) the students are left with a feeling that was a realtime call;):haha:

Joel has live sessions every Wed. So might be best to attend one and see for yourself. I was in 2 weeks ago and was quite impressed. The markets was extremely choppy and dull.... he emphasized on recognizing days where trading opportunities was minimal. Learning when not to trade is equally important so I found this live session quite valuable. One thing I really enjoyed also was his discipline in trading as well.

Has anybody asked if he trades with realmoney in realtime? or is it they he has mastered the art of creating an illusion of trading in realtime i.e put up a live chart, baffle the students with a lot of bull, let a few bars pass by and then point out what should have been or could have been an entry and profit. the students are left with a feeling that was a realtime call

BearBull are you talking about Seb Manby ?

If you are, then he did post a 'real' trade he carried out in the original TLab VSA thread.

It was a GBP/USD short and he even attached a copy of his trading account showing his trade details and his winnings. If I remember correctly he banked approx. 28 pips at around £50 a pip. Not bad for a couple of mins 'work'.

I have never met or have any connection with him, but I though I would highlight this.

Edited by tawe trader

Hello Mr erierambler,

Any chance you could change your avatar ? your spider freaks me out somewhat :(

I know it's not going to jump out and bite me from the screen but to us Arachnophobics it's a bit ...................

You talk/write good stuff so I wouldn't want to skip through any of your worthwhile posts.

Cheers

from a spider-fearing trader than won't ever visit or live in Australia due to the above phobia !!

No chance to change the avatar, but no worries , I don't post that much. The avatar represents my style of trading and is an emotional support to remind me to only take trades when the opportunity arises and not overtrade.

Real spiders kinda give me the shivers too, but I can assure you I don't bite.

good trading

erie

Joel has live sessions every Wed. So might be best to attend one and see for yourself. I was in 2 weeks ago and was quite impressed. The markets was extremely choppy and dull.... he emphasized on recognizing days where trading opportunities was minimal. Learning when not to trade is equally important so I found this live session quite valuable. One thing I really enjoyed also was his discipline in trading as well.

I sincerely hope, SoulTrader that your trust is not misplaced. The question of discipline etc is relevant when realtime trading with realmoney involving emotions is taking place, hope that is what you observed.

Anyhow the proof of pudding will come when some of the folks from here enroll into the program and emerge to narrate their experiences of whether they were truly enlightened or led up the garden path.

It does not appear to be so from a post by Nick (aka Blowfish) a former mentee elitetrader and Sebastian's comments.

I sincerely hope, SoulTrader that your trust is not misplaced. The question of discipline etc is relevant when realtime trading with realmoney involving emotions is taking place, hope that is what you observed.

Anyhow the proof of pudding will come when some of the folks from here enroll into the program and emerge to narrate their experiences of whether they were truly enlightened or led up the garden path.

It does not appear to be so from a post by Nick (aka Blowfish) a former mentee elitetrader and Sebastian's comments.

Sure I understand. I have had Joel do 2 webinars for us here. I have not taken his course and mentorship program so do not have a credible review regarding his services.

However, whether a trader seeks mentorship or joins a trading room.... the bottom line is, "The holy grail is YOU." I have found analyzing myself and mistakes & working on my own methods far more helpful than studying other traders.

Sure I understand. I have had Joel do 2 webinars for us here. I have not taken his course and mentorship program so do not have a credible review regarding his services.

However, whether a trader seeks mentorship or joins a trading room.... the bottom line is, "The holy grail is YOU." I have found analyzing myself and mistakes & working on my own methods far more helpful than studying other traders.

Glad you appreciate my point of view, I have no axe to grind, merely making an observation based on the evidence in front of me.

A couple of promotional webinars do not reflect the ability of the presentor/mentor to trade in realtime with realmoney from his own account, and that also not even from a SIMULATED ACCOUNT. There are very few out there who can do that. However for the sum being charged for this program, one would expect that, wouldn't you agree????;)

No chance to change the avatar, but no worries , I don't post that much. The avatar represents my style of trading and is an emotional support to remind me to only take trades when the opportunity arises and not overtrade.

Real spiders kinda give me the shivers too, but I can assure you I don't bite.

good trading

erie

I'm also reminded of Robert the Bruce and the spider. Try try and try again. :D

Amen Amen Amen. Its quite easy to find the path but following it can be very hard. Seems to me we erect our own barriers, guess its some misplaced protection mechanism. Can a mentor help ? I think so but they need to be focused on this side of things rather than the 'technicals'. Again firstly you must be accountable to yourself however having someone else hold you to account might be valuable for some. Actually a good trading room can perform a similar function a "peer review" type thing. Actually I could just do with someone to kick my arse when I behave foolishly.

You know sometimes I enrol on courses or sign up for study as an excuse not to deal with what needs dealing with. That's a sobering thought.