Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

No chance to change the avatar, but no worries , I don't post that much. The avatar represents my style of trading and is an emotional support to remind me to only take trades when the opportunity arises and not overtrade.

Real spiders kinda give me the shivers too, but I can assure you I don't bite.

good trading

erie

Hey no probs, erie. I suppose it's good to be afraid, just like in the mkts.

Start everyday with the fear of having your account wiped out and then trade accordingly to prevent that ever happening.

You never know, one day your spider may decide it's bored and go for a stroll around TLab, if it goes any where near my dog it would most probably be eaten, she is disgusting in what she finds and eats. :o

I'm also reminded of Robert the Bruce and the spider. Try try and try again

Blowish - I also like the Robert the Bruce story. If nothing else, perseverance is definitely required in this game.

Regards

Tawe

Amen Amen Amen. Its quite easy to find the path but following it can be very hard. Seems to me we erect our own barriers, guess its some misplaced protection mechanism. Can a mentor help ? I think so but they need to be focused on this side of things rather than the 'technicals'. Again firstly you must be accountable to yourself however having someone else hold you to account might be valuable for some.

You know sometimes I enrol on courses or sign up for study as an excuse not to deal with what needs dealing with. That's a sobering thought.

There is no question of seeking for The Holy Grail, mentorship is sought with the trust and belief that the mentor has practical expertise to guide you through both psychological and technical issues, to teach how to identify signals based on price/vol, then how to trade (crucial, crucial, crucial) strategy and tactics of entry, trade management,

If you come out of the program not having learnt how to trade what has that achieved, you find the same in TG Bootcamp and TG customer webinars,

"How you trade is up to you" What if similar teachings were offerred in other fields of uncertainty, diving, flying, even driving, would you take training from somebody who has no proven practical experience and has no ability to show you how it done. Then when being told now it is upto you, would you take off in the plane, or dive into the middle of atlantic, ofcourse not.

As for learning with mistakes, in diving, flying, the first mistake would be the last.;)

Thanks for the video, I think :) However, we really didn't needed to hear "next slide please" and waited 30 seconds and then "Gavin, did you hear me, next slide please" :rofl: I don't think we needed to hear "you will make obscenely amount of money" either. There is some truth to what he presented, but this video really has zero technical content as to setups until about 35 minutes into this 41 minute video, and all of that was about following the Tom Williams' Trade Guider indicator.

Thrunner, the video wasn't for 'experts' such as yourself. New people join this thread everyday and are totally new to VSA. I figured it had something of value for them.

But if you've got more advanced material to share we'd love your contribution.

Hi Folks,

I'm new here and am a market student keenly interested in VSA and the Wyckoff method. I trade the ES, and just wanted to say hi (I hope that's OK).

I am reading through VSA Part I - a great thread. I notice that some of Seb Manby's audio links no longer seem to work. Do you all have them stored somewhere here, by chance?

I notice that some of Seb Manby's audio links no longer seem to work. Do you all have them stored somewhere here, by chance?

Hello Eiger - That's a good idea - I do have some of Seb's presentations stored on my PC, I will search them out on the weekend and post links to them ...

Actually, it is the weekend here ... so here is what I have ...

ES 08 Jan 08

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/fileshare/502450

ES 11 Dec 07 (swf file, all the others are WMV)

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/fileshare/37762

ES 14 Dec 07

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/fileshare/678724

ES 13 Dec 07

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/fileshare/795527

ES 18 Jan 08

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/fileshare/736533

All these are hosted on the Traders Lab fileshare facility, big thanks to Soultrader for making this available (along with a great forum too of course!)

Please note:

How long will my files stay hosted here?

Your files will be kept on our servers as long as it is downloaded every 90 days.

So, if these files are no longer available its because they have not been downloaded for 90 days.

Hi jjthetrader,

Thank you very much for your excellent analysis. You suggested going long after confirmed test somewhere around 14650 level. If you were going long there where would your stop be?

One more question. Could two up bars following the big down bar that I marked 1 be considered tests? They went down to the area of the last big down bar on lower volume. I am not sure what the formal definition of the test is. Opening and closing in the middle confused me.

Thank you,

Leonid

Remember: Strength appears on down bars and Weakness appears on up bars ideally. Hence the ideal test bar closes down. Next would be an equal close and the third option is up.

So without looking at your chart again, the general answer is yes an up bar could be a test. However, like TG says, "pay more attention if the test is on a down bar".

In a Shake out, however, the ideal would be a close on the highs with a close higher than the previous bar on high to ultra high volume.

Hi jjthetrader,

Thank you very much for your excellent analysis. You suggested going long after confirmed test somewhere around 14650 level. If you were going long there where would your stop be?

One more question. Could two up bars following the big down bar that I marked 1 be considered tests? They went down to the area of the last big down bar on lower volume. I am not sure what the formal definition of the test is. Opening and closing in the middle confused me.

Thank you,

Leonid

Personally my stop would be just below the test. That area was tested for supply already and if price moves back into that area with volume then I'd want to be out, it would be a failed test. For those with larger account sizes you could probably put your stop below the last swing low.

A close in the middle is acceptable for a test. The volume is what's important. The test I showed you wasn't exactly perfect that's why you wait for the confimation bar.

Those two bars after the down move I wouldn't call tests. They're more of a consolodation working out the balance of supply and demand. Since they inch up slightly demand is overcoming any supply but the closes in the middle aren't that impressive. That's why you want a test.

Hope it helps.

JJ;

Thanks for your brilliant insight. I have added the chart with just a few things that I picked up from the first vsa thread. The test comes within the body of a WRB.

You are correct, the first two bars are not tests.

There's a better test right at the top of the WRB range you marked. That would have got you in if nothing else.

Thanks for posting.

Hi dandxg,

Thank you very much for your email.

Actually I was not trying to catch the bottom. Quite opposite; I was looking for confirmation and when I finally saw one I decided that it was too late.

I think your suggestion to change the time-frame was excellent. I looked at intraday charts and they are much clearer. There were plenty of tests and confirmations for the advance.

Thank you again,

Leonid

Greetings!

I learned today that I'm being talked about over here, so I thought I should make myself available. A couple of people have provided links to threads of mine, but I should let those who are interested know that I abridged the 1000+ post PV thread to around 55. It has the same title with "abridged" on the end. I also recently posted a thread on springboards called -- you guessed it -- The Springboard. This is all in the Price Volume Forum.

As to my book, I wouldn't call it a "VSA" book, though its focus is on trading by price and, if at all possible, volume. Anyone interested in it really ought to read the preview, which includes a table of contents, before plunking down any money. That's posted on t2w as well.

See ya.

Db

Greetings!

I learned today that I'm being talked about over here, so I thought I should make myself available. A couple of people have provided links to threads of mine, but I should let those who are interested know that I abridged the 1000+ post PV thread to around 55. It has the same title with "abridged" on the end. I also recently posted a thread on springboards called -- you guessed it -- The Springboard. This is all in the Price Volume Forum.

As to my book, I wouldn't call it a "VSA" book, though its focus is on trading by price and, if at all possible, volume. Anyone interested in it really ought to read the preview, which includes a table of contents, before plunking down any money. That's posted on t2w as well.

See ya.

Db

hello Db and i must say welcome, its great to have you aboard.

looking forward to some of your insights......

Greetings!

See ya.

Db

Nice to see you over here as well Db, I think you may enjoy some of the posts as well as some of the interaction.

erie

PV does seem to be less of a mystery here . . . :)

Glad to see you here Db, have your little book (collection of pdf files), it is gem.

Have gone through your threads on other sites, was amazed at how much you have freely contributed.

Guys here is man who knows a thing or two about Price/Vol, Pure Wyckoff, no fluff, and no mention of cutesy setups, what I have learnt from his posts is establishing strategy , then tactics , testing them out thoroughly and onto application and all without any mentoring programs;)

Indeed it is. I sent a copy of the Maltese Falcon in the days you had an amazon list for people to show appreciation. Wanted to send Bach but they where out of stock.

Thanks to all. It's difficult to know whether or not one's efforts are having any effect if he gets little or no feedback.

I mention this in the introduction to the book, but it bears repeating outside, that the reason for the pdf files in lieu of the standard format is so that the reader can structure the book however he likes. Some of it is going to be of no interest whatsoever to the day trader, some will be of no interest to the futures trader, some will be of no interest to the fundamentalist, etc. So it can be quite specific as well as quite broad. Not that there isn't a place for works such as Change Your Life with MACD, but I never planned on doing this more than once, preferring instead to offer contact with those who are interested so that the work becomes a beginning rather than an end. Which is why I keep coming up with new threads every now and then.

It's a little creepy to think that there are people copying down everything I do and sticking it in a notebook somewhere, but I do the same thing, though much more when I started than now (eventually it all becomes distilled into a relatively few principles and practices, and the volumes of material sort of combine into a universal mayonnaise). Perhaps one of these individuals will be clever enough to one day sort it all out and put it into a pdf (at which point I'll likely respond with I said That? I don't agree with that at all . . . ).

Db

Welcome Db,

You may not think you're VSA per se but since VSA is basically spotting the balance/imbalance of supply & demand I'd say you are.:)

I've read your 'book' and enjoyed all sections. I like how you tie everything together always keeping the basic Wyckoff principles in there.

The book is excellent and has helped me a lot.

I feel a bit like Neelix stumbling upon a colony of Talaxians . . .

I stumbled upon this site as while ago, and it appears to be well run , with very good forums and good people participating. Haven't been in the chat room yet but I believe one can post charts in it as well ( I may be wrong as I'm slowly finding my way around). take care

erie

Rather than take up any more space on this thread, I've elected to open a blog. I hope that this will work out the way I want it to, particularly with regard to images (I've been waiting for over a year for t2w to provide for image uploads in its blogs and am still waiting). If it does, everything will be in one place and I can avoid getting in people's hair.

Please take time to read the introductory entry.

Hasta.