Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BigEd

Locking Indicators

From a coding perspective, how can I use the TS customer number to lock a strategy/indicator? I am writing a stratgey that I want to control the distribution of.

Is it as simple as using an IF statement in the code?

Thanks

Trey

BTW.... Once I get it working and post it here, it will be unlocked. I just dont want my trading group using it till it is done.

This is an eKam code

Ask your customer to send you his customer ID (aka Account Number, or Account ID in EL). Assuming his account ID is 12345678, change all the buy/sell statements to the following:
var:  
   thisGuysAccountID("12345678"), 
   expiration(ELDate(4,15,2005)), { month, day, year } 
   stillRuns(false); 

stillRuns =    date < expiration  
  and lastCalcDate < expiration  
  and  currentDate < expiration  
  and (LastBarOnChart = false  
       or GetAccountID = thisGuysAccountID); 

What this does is that it will still work for back testing, but not for real time bars unless the account ID matches. In any case, your strategy will only work for bars and charts before the expiration date, and only if the PC date has not reached the expiration date.

Verify the code and export the ELD protected, and send that particular ELD to him.

Account number is under Format, Account Orders .. Account no.