Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Szymon

Mark Fishers "ACD Trading Method", Seminar Videos Wanted.

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if anyone has read Mark Fishers book "the logical trader", but I recommend it for anyone who is interested in a opening range breakout strategy trading method.

Now the reason why I am writing this thread is because I am after his 2003 Nymex seminar that he did. Has anyone out there have a working web cast link of his videos? The old site does not work anymore, so I am asking if anyone has it stored on their computers or know where I can find a working link of it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon

I searched high and low for Paul Tudor Jones talk at this but could never find a working link.

Maybe we should try emailing some NYMEX people or the host. It really is absurd for this stuff to not work, that had to be the best conference ever.

Are you actually trading using ACD? I've tried to read the book a few times but it never quite sinks in. Isn't there violatility calculations that Fisher doesnt provide that makes the book kind of pointless?

Hi Darthtrader,

I am in the testing phases of this strategy trading on a dummy account with interactive brokers using ensign as the charting software.

So far I am very happy with it, it is very logical to use and effective. I have incorporated other technical bits and pieces but mostly to confirm my signals.

Here is the dummy trades and chart for todays ES H8. The last one was a silly trade a very late entry, stupid trade but I knew that there was a 60 min stochasitc diveregence going down, I usally go the opposite when I see those from experience only on the last third wave you get the reversal.

With regards to Mark Fishers seminar I am going to email Mark or his Risk Manager directly, we will see if he answers my email.

Regards

Simon

today_es_chart.thumb.jpg.7533a9fa9af43f6a8bc08aeb219ce29e.jpg

todays_es_trades.thumb.jpg.27c7611cc66f2246e20fa639cc88d8e1.jpg

Simon,

Have you previously seen the video? I watched it and took some good notes but in my opinion it was 80% ego (how proud Mark is of his own greed and competitiveness, etc. and I'm not knocking him here - like a man's man, he's definitely a trader's trader), 10% good trader training, and 10% substance on the actual method. My point is to assuage any of your concerns about the quality and direction of you life :) in the event you never ever get to see the video.

I've tried to read the book a few times but it never quite sinks in.
The book was written and the video produced to attract capital not to teach a method.

Isn't there violatility calculations that Fisher doesnt provide that makes the book kind of pointless?

Nor does he provide enough specifics in the video about the zone resets. It is most likely simply a volatility based (actually volatility related) re-optimization. Nothing elegant about programming that either - just loop through the range of all settings and use one just off the peak. re "pointless" - again, book's (and video's) purpose was to attract capital not explain a method.

The method itself takes a backseat behind sizing, execution, position management. It does not constitute the full method he personally trades on or off the floor. It is the method he has his hirelings apply because it keeps them out of trouble. The breakout methods of T.Crable, L.Williams, and more recently TheRumpleOne ('free' on the web, btw), etc can easily be substituted for ACD.

hth. all the best, zdo

Hi Zdo,

Thanks for the comment. I have only watched an introduction, yes I must agree Mark Fisher is a interesting person full of interesting stories. I just want to watch the full seminar so I can get the 10% substance nothing more.

With regards to his breakout method there is nothing special, there are others that use similar methods.

I think at the end of the day which ever trading style works consistently and suits your personality is the key.

Regards

Simon

Szymon;

I owe my Pivot Profile to Mark's work. I checked to see if the videos were there and they were not. But if you want some insight into ACD, there is a good thread I can recommend. PM me if you want to know where.

P.S. Check out my last chart on the VSA thread. Although it is not, it looks like a "fade the Aup trade".

DarthTrader - can you let me know if you find the Paul Tudor Jones talk - always worth listening to guys like him.

I'll try to email nymex this morning. this is the site

http://www.clicklive.com/NYMEX/symposium_2003/

Looking at that site just frustrates me...Jones, Boone Pickens, Fisher, Ari Kiev..it would just be so cool to see such heavy hitters actually talking. I wouldn't even care if Jones just talks the whole time about how much money he has! I think the problem might be though that the site shouldnt really be there and the clicklive stuff has just expired without taking the webpage down yet.

Interesting chart Szymon. I really need to do a study of the various ORB literature.

Pivot can you just post that thread here? If its on another board I don't think James really cares, its not like there is another site that can compete with this one. :)

I'll try to email nymex this morning. this is the site

http://www.clicklive.com/NYMEX/symposium_2003/

Looking at that site just frustrates me...Jones, Boone Pickens, Fisher, Ari Kiev..it would just be so cool to see such heavy hitters actually talking. I wouldn't even care if Jones just talks the whole time about how much money he has! I think the problem might be though that the site shouldnt really be there and the clicklive stuff has just expired without taking the webpage down yet.

Interesting chart Szymon. I really need to do a study of the various ORB literature.

Pivot can you just post that thread here? If its on another board I don't think James really cares, its not like there is another site that can compete with this one. :)

Hi Darthtrader,

I have already contacted Nymex and they have not responded to my emails, same with MBFCC. The good news is that next week I should have all the Nymex videos plus more. I will see how this will work out.

Regards

Simon

I started of with Fishs ACD system and even as Newbie it keept me out of too much trouble. I read his book nearly 5 times and trade his system since 3 years ( 1,5 year demo).

Regards

Ines

PS: I am going to upload all videos to rapidshare - next week ... now its weekend ;-)

http://micro-acd.blogspot.com/ here I collected some stuff related to his method

Edited by ines
forgott this link

I started of with Fishs ACD system and even as Newbie it keept me out of too much trouble. I read his book nearly 5 times and trade his system since 3 years ( 1,5 year demo).

Regards

Ines

PS: I am going to upload all videos to rapidshare - next week ... now its weekend ;-)

Try our fileshare system (top navigation bar). Users wont have to wait for download limits like rapidshare. Thanks

Regards

Ines

http://micro-acd.blogspot.com/ here I collected some stuff related to his method

Hi Ines,

I think http://www.4shared.com is much more better and faster than rapidshare.

Which videos do you have? Nymex 03 seminar? or some other ones?

Regards

Simon

@Soul

It is not possible to use this bord feature because the filesize is to big.

@Sz

I used your recommended service ... but I had to register ... hope there is no follow up... www.4shared.com

I have some videos from 2005 as well...

I started now the multifile upload .... I do not know how long it takes

ThePointBeeingIs

Edited by Soultrader
Link removed. Requested by poster.

wow thanks ines!!

thats great, so much material. do you have any of the other symposium 03 speakers?

cool to see just what Fisher looks like.

How did you download the files, looks like a password is required.

I watched 1-3 of NYMEX so far. Really great stuff. I think it would certainly help to read the Logical Trader first. Alot of the concepts didn't make much sense to me but were much more clear here, plus he mentions the volatility calulation that he leaves out of the book.

His pivot moving average is an interesting idea. Almost like a moving average of the MP value area.

ines - should there be any files in the Unisfair 2007 folder? Or perhaps those are coming?

I had to convert the video to swf - its now uploaded to the folder.

Servus

Ines

A question for a regular user of ACD Trading method:

Do you find previous day's A,C,D levels act as support and resistance for

current day's trading ?

Thanks

Do you find previous day's A,C,D levels act as support and resistance for

current day's trading ?

Yes - but I feel rather the daily Pivot-Range-High and PRL act like that.

Regards

Ines

Yes - but I feel rather the daily Pivot-Range-High and PRL act like that.

Regards

Ines

The reason I ask is that I am trying to look at today's ES low of 1363.5 and

besides Fib clusters, I am trying to find other levels from others sources to support it, be it MP, Pivots ...etc. All I can find is yesterday's C level from Fisher and the Low from 2 days ago. If yesterday's A.C.D levels mean anything, it will make the case that much stronger.