Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

daleste

TTM Trend,Scalper, and Squueze

Can anyone make these indicators possible for Sierra Charts? I am in need of these for some testing and don't want to drop the 1500 if they are not worth it...I have very limited programming experience so I would just need the downloads..Thanks

Can anyone make these indicators possible for Sierra Charts?
Welcome to the forum. If you put Sierra Chart in the title of the thread, it may be more helpful.

Sierra uses a C++ scripting language similar to Esignal, although I am not sure if it is as popular. Apparently, Surftrader has done a Squeeze worksheet study in SS:

TTM Squeeze Formula help - Sierra Chart

I programmed it for Sierra a while back and found it virtually worthless for short-term trading -- 

It was simply a matter of calculating a Histogram of Bollinger-Bands retreating inside a Keltner Channel and plotting the ratio when the BBs were outside the KLs -- 

Here is the SS worksheet formula: 

SS Column Value 

AS= Boll-Band Top 
AU= Boll-Band Bottom 
BF= Keltner Top 
BG= Keltner Bottom 

=IF( (AS3-BF3)+(BG3-AU3)>0,(AS3-BF3)+(BG3-AU3),0 ) 

Edited by thrunner

Hi guys

there are few post on tradestations forum and there you can find these indicator with some adjustments.Go to easylenguage forum and search for "mastering the trade"

Hope it helps

Can anyone enter the tradestation forums or do you have to be a tradestation subscriber? I don't see a way to register (but I am not a tradestation subscriber).

Thanks,

Armand

Can anyone enter the tradestation forums or do you have to be a tradestation subscriber? I don't see a way to register (but I am not a tradestation subscriber).Thanks,Armand
They locked the forum to nonsubscribers. That is actually one of the few benefits of TS, the collective wisdom of close to 10 years of programmatic and strategic trading experience from those who are willing to share. You could probably share a TS account with a trusted friend or family member just to get to the TS forum. And yes, they do lock threads and censor/delete posts and threads and you can be banned from that forum; they also know the TS account number of every poster.

For anyone new to trading considering using this indicator please be aware of the following.

Like any trading method , notice should always be taken of the higher time frames. I notice that John Carter advises that many squeezes are not taken if

they conflict with a higher time frame. Also even if a squeeze fires off,

he will wait for a pull back to a ema. Even then if intraday trades are being

taken he will look at market internals such as Tick, Trin Readings and even

pit noise sometimes. Oh and he might also look for a TTM Trend change!

I will not get involved in a flame war regarding TTM and JC and their indicators

but just wanted to advise any newbies that JC does advise not taking every

squeeze signal regardless. Unfortunately there is no holy grail in trading, or at

least not one in the public domain!

Like any trading method , notice should always be taken of the higher time frames. I notice that John Carter advises that many squeezes are not taken if

they conflict with a higher time frame. Also even if a squeeze fires off,

he will wait for a pull back to a ema. Even then if intraday trades are being

taken he will look at market internals such as Tick, Trin Readings and even

pit noise sometimes. Oh and he might also look for a TTM Trend change!

Why not just simply trading out of the breakout of NR7 ( Narrowest Range of last 7 bars) ?

Don't have esignal, and unfortunately, I'm not a coder, so can't confirm the coding. I'm looking at how to do this in Sierra. There's one over there, but it's a bit different. If it helps anyone, in non-coding english, the default color is blue, and it changes to red when a bar closes in the bottom 50% (previously, they'd sometimes said 25%) of the ATR of the previous 5 bars (at one point used 6). This is meant to give more of a "heads up" than the breakout would be, I think. The two ways they use it is 2 or 3 bars confirming a change in trend in order to exit a position. And a continuation trend trade, where they look for the prevailing color (trend), and after they get the opposite color, will enter on the second bar of the prevailing trend, indicating a confirmation of a resumption of the trend.

Okay, a clarification, fwiw. The current/last bar's color will be painted based on: if the average closing price of the previous 6 bars is in the lower 50% of the range, it paints the current bar red. If the average is in the upper 50%, it's blue. The current/most recent bar's close, on its own, does not affect the coloring, unless it changes the 6 bar average to more/less than the 50% of the range. At least not the way Carter does it; I've confirmed that with him. Now, Carter calls these modified HA, but I'm not sure if he's using traditional HA's to compute the numbers, and then coloring them, or if they're traditional bars/candlesticks that he uses for his computation, but then when he colors them he considers them akin to modified HA's. I'm almost certain it's the former.