Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bowler

Cisco futures course for Newbie

I am newbie to Market Profile though I have been day/swing trading for ES for few years. I read Mind Over Markets and ready for next level. From the forum postings, I understand that cisco futures course could be good start.

Anyone had experience with their long / short courses. How does they differ. From the website, short course is for day trader and long course is for swing trader. I am primarily a day trader however I do swing trade. Do I need to take both the courses?

Any comments on cisco futures course or suggestions for any other MP course will be greatly appreciated.

yes, i took the short course as recommended by don jones at cisco. He has been doing mp since its inception. He is generous with his time and input, but you need to be creative in utilizing his work toward developing a method. I currently use a modified version of mp for Ninja Trader. I found that 5-day balances usually worked the best. The mp add on for NT has the ability to merge days (even break them down by 1/2 hr. period). The levels you get can be incredibly accurate. Ultimately, you have to determine what sort of time frame, how many contracts, etc... I trade off the pivots the MP gives me; e.g. a b/o with a pullback and then a move (hopefully to the next level) and so on. If you want to take a short route to trading mp contact Frank at balancetrader. There are others, but BT is straight forward (and less expensive than most MP trading rooms). I don't currently have any affiliation with either Don or Frank btw. My background and experience are no doubt different than yours, but I find that MP is the real deal; indicators are unreliable, but you can learn to trade with MP and perhaps volume bars alone with a little experience... Good luck.

Thanks btfox. That was helpful. Did you find out how the long course differs from short course? I am a day trader who swing trades some times. Does short course covers both day trading and swing trading.

Long course is 12 mo. and $1200, including all the data modules, trading engine, etc. Short course is 5 mo. and $600 (see: http://www.cisco-futures.com/

the "Trader Training." link) Likewise, it includes various data packages. If you are a short term trader I think I would go with the short course....and I think that you can extend the time if you want. Under "Free Stuff" there is a free two-week trial. Once you can log on there is a pdf of don's trading manual which can be downloaded. Without the course it won't be as much use to you... It's a good reference though. Good luck. Call Don and ask questions after a trial btw.

Hi,

I'm new in Market Profile. I urgently need the following e-books on MP. Can anybody send me the ebooks? I would remain ever grateful to him. I'm giving my email address below.

Required e-books:

1. Mind Over Markets

2. Steidlmayer on Markets: Trading with Market Profile

My email address: kmbayezid@yahoo.com

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

Hi,

I'm new in Market Profile. I urgently need the following e-books on MP. Can anybody send me the ebooks? I would remain ever grateful to him. I'm giving my email address below.

Required e-books:

1. Mind Over Markets

2. Steidlmayer on Markets: Trading with Market Profile

My email address: kmbayezid@yahoo.com

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

We do not promote sharing of copyrighted material. Please do not ask these directly on the forums. Thanks