Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sergey22

Traders Audio

Hey guys,

I'm curious if any of you are using pit noise or squak audio from S&P 500 pit (specifically for trading YM). I know that Tradethemarkets is using it for daytrading and I wanted to get an outside opinion.

For myself, I've been listening to it for the past month and I can't really say yet if it helps or if it makes it worse....

Thank you for your opinions!

Interesting Post. I have been pondering adding audio to my trades as well but have yet to do so.

If you could, please add what service you use to pipe into the pit.

Thanks.

I agree with brownsfan about it being a distraction. However, it can be very interesting to listen to during large news announcements such as FOMC. I also find the commentary interesting when a top ten local comes in and pushes the market his way during a slow lunchtime. Such a service gives you a better look at the human nature behind the market...but I would never trade off of it. As to using it just as background noise...it completely depends on the individual.

I am only familiar with tradersaudio.com

Anyone have pit noise that would be up for broadcasting direct on the site? I can build a audio server called shoutcast. Or is that not legal?

Don't know how that works James - I've seen chat rooms that broadcast it into the room, so I guess you can.

I have no idea on the legality of it but it's being done to my knowledge. Been awhile since I was in the chat room circuit however.

Anyone have pit noise that would be up for broadcasting direct on the site? I can build a audio server called shoutcast. Or is that not legal?

James, it would certainly be worth asking Ben at TradersAudio.

James, it would certainly be worth asking Ben at TradersAudio.

If anything maybe Ben would agree to allow it to be played once or twice during certain times of the day. My guess is that it would be illegal to straight out restream it the whole day on a forum. At that point why would anyone pay them?

Need to know what to listen out for. Learnt from itradepod that Locals getting stuck is a good heads up to fade their position especially when Commercials are on the other side of the Locals trade at the time.