Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mister ed

Volume Spread Analysis thread - summary

We are all familiar with the great Volume Spread Analysis thread, I thought what I would do here is just highlight some of the information on it, just to make it easier find here rather than on the big thread.

Pivot Profiler provided coding for the VSA indicators he used in this post. It is post #1319 on the VSA thread.

jjthetrader has researched the logic behind the TradeGuider volume bands and posted the results on this post. He also attached the ELD for his result to this post. Post #51 of the "REQ Help with Trend Indicator" thread.

The Master The Markets book is available for download and printing here.

Mister ed, are you game enough to tackle a FAQs post(s)? LOL.

Hi PP - Game enough to give it a try and smart enough to warn that all answers on a 'best endeavours' basis! Don't know that I am knowledgeable enough but could be a good team effort PP?

Great James

My suggestion is to keep it in this section - the Premium Forum - there is plenty of info on the VSA thread, an FAQ here that acts as a summary is a value-add for members who have subscribed?

Great James

My suggestion is to keep it in this section - the Premium Forum - there is plenty of info on the VSA thread, an FAQ here that acts as a summary is a value-add for members who have subscribed?

Great idea mister ed. It will be a VSA thread summarizing the entire 100+ pages of the original thread. Also will be interested in adding further input to it. Would you like to start the thread? Or should I throw something up?

Well, we can get it started here - the great thing is there is so much good material it is just a matter of highlighting the best.

Start with this from PivotProfiler (going to be important to correctly attribute this information to those that posted it), which walks through the process of setting a short trade:

Post #1331 on the VSA thread - combining VSA with WRB analysis.

Mister ed,

Give me a few days. I have an idea I want to implement on summarizing threads. I want to implement this particular script which will allow threads to contain their own table of contents.

Hi Mistered,

Actually give me a few hours. Im going to start implementing this one script. I want to make the summary a neatly organized so members wont need to pour over pages. Perhaps we can start by posting the important links from the VSA thread and I will pile them all into a book format.

Had a brief scan through so far - impressive work James, and a lot of work too.

Some comments (meant to be constructive)

On this page:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f67/vsa-official-summary-3288.html?pg=2

the reference to 85 % of volume being professional activity ... I think you will find this disputed later in the thread...I (personally) think it is a statement of faith, not supported by the facts - I think it should be either 1) deleted from this summary, or 2) a note made that the 85% assertion is questioned by many. PP himself has said this assertion is a leap of faith, I believe it is as it is not supported by facts or logic. By the way, we are equating professional activity with smart money, not with fund managers - fund managers can swing huge volumes but they are not necessarily smart money at all.

This page:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f67/vsa-official-summary-3288.html?pg=4

LOVE IT! - have referred to this list a few times, now I know where it is from!

Still going through it...

Edited by mister ed
spelling

Hi

Great work everyone. Just one thing. In the "Chart Examples Part 1" section I can't see most of the charts that PP is reffering to. There is just a small X where the pic should be. I can see some of the other charts. My security settings for IE are on low.

I'm having to picture what PP is talking about in my head lol!

Thanks.

Hi,

PP took all his charts off recently and can not get a hold of ever since. Its unfortunate but I am trying to figure out a recovery process right now.

Ouch! That's most unfortunate indeed. Did he delete them from his computer by accident? I have some strong programms that help recover lost or accidentally deleted files if you're interested.

Cheers.

He deleted it directly from the threads...which are stored in a folder on our server. Since the attachments get renamed differently when uploaded and stored, there is no way to retrieve it. There must be thousands of files stored by now. I am working with my programmer to see if we can restore an older backup for the VSA thread and try to fix it from there.

Since this was in February has any progress been made Now mid May 2009?

I am working with my programmer to see if we can restore an older backup for the VSA thread and try to fix it from there.

I am working with my programmer to see if we can restore an older backup for the VSA thread and try to fix it from there.

Unfortunately we can not recover the lost attachments. Very sorry about this and we have taken alot of measures to prevent further hacking from happening.

Anton - if you go and actually look at the thread you will see that the missing charts were restored to it at the end of March, 2008.

Unfortunately we can not recover the lost attachments. Very sorry about this and we have taken alot of measures to prevent further hacking from happening.

I know you are busy James and this may have slipped your mind, but the original charts were recovered and posted back into the thread - all except for about 5 charts were recovered. This was done in March 2008.