Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Disco Scottie

PaintBarFactory.com? (not spam, a question!)

I'm sorry if I missed the explanation previously ... but can you go into what the paintbars indicator is doing? I really like it, though I would like to understand it a bit deeper.

Thanks, and thank you very much for the great free indicators.

Travis

I'm sorry if I missed the explanation previously ... but can you go into what the paintbars indicator is doing? I really like it, though I would like to understand it a bit deeper.

Thanks, and thank you very much for the great free indicators.

Travis

Hi Travis

The paint bars are basically derived from a hull moving average and whether the ma is greater than previous bar then its blue or if it's less than preious bar then it's red.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

That does help Blu-Ray, Thank you very much!

Though, im still a bit new to this and am not really sure what a hull moving average is ... I'll have to do some reading :)

Thanks Again, and thanks again for the indicator.

Travis

Good point, I wonder if he would be willing to put up a video demo of it in action...

There is video demo, there are two of them that were recently posted on the http://www.paintbarfactory.com site. This is very interesting to me. I would rather purchase this than loose money. I think that it may pay for itself in a short amount of time but I'm a little caught off balance by the price. The price is around $2K and if you want radar and I do the price jumps another $250. He makes it look really easy to use. If I run with just TradeStation I have to be the anylizer, truthfully I don't think I know enough, as a matter of fact I am sure I don't know enough yet.

I posted this response in another thread, but thought I'd post it here as well:

As I am reading several forums, especially this one, regarding PBF indicators, all I can say is "too bad."

It seems everyone here is trying to hack the PBF indicators or trying to emulate them to "look" the same. And you guys (BlueRay) have done a GREAT job to make it "look" similar to PBF.

The fact of the matter is, it only "looks" the same. Why are you guys spending your valuable time in coding, hacking & pirating PBF or any other vendors indicators? You say all vendors indicators are a scam etc etc and dont work, Then, why are you trying to hack/code these same indicators? This shows me that everyone that is trying to do this are not traders and just love to hack a proprietary indicator, and the thrill of getting to "look" similar. Be my guest, hack away while I am one of the honest traders that actually paid full price for the PBF package and dont regret it at all. The customer service, mentoring, and guidance, all come with your purchase. Lets see if you get these on your hacked-look-a-like indicators. All I know is, I am successful with my PBF indicators, are you with your hacked ones? or are you spending all of your time coding and hacking and never traded before?

I dont want to sound like an "a@#" considering it is my first post. But I am no stranger to this forum, I just decided to register and post a reply cause as I am reading your posts these past few months, its making me sick to my stomach. This forum is about helping others trade for the better, not on how I can hack the next indicator.

And I have no relation to PBF at all, I wish I was, maybe an affiliate, cause these indicators work for me! You just need to learn how to read them. These indicators show support and resistance levels. You just need to learn to read them!

I am done with my rant, good luck to all. But if anyone wants to talk about PBF and how to read the indicators and feed off of each other idea's and strategy on using them, I am all for it. But if the conversation/thread is about how expensive it is and lets see if we can hack a look a like, then dont bother.

Bottom line, if you are spending a ton of time trying to hack or make an indicator look like PBF's, then this is telling everyone, that PBF indicators are legit and they work. And you are just too cheap to pay for the real ones!

I posted this response in another thread, but thought I'd post it here as well:

As I am reading several forums, especially this one, regarding PBF indicators, all I can say is "too bad."

It seems everyone here is trying to hack the PBF indicators or trying to emulate them to "look" the same. And you guys (BlueRay) have done a GREAT job to make it "look" similar to PBF.

The fact of the matter is, it only "looks" the same. Why are you guys spending your valuable time in coding, hacking & pirating PBF or any other vendors indicators? You say all vendors indicators are a scam etc etc and dont work, Then, why are you trying to hack/code these same indicators? This shows me that everyone that is trying to do this are not traders and just love to hack a proprietary indicator, and the thrill of getting to "look" similar. Be my guest, hack away while I am one of the honest traders that actually paid full price for the PBF package and dont regret it at all. The customer service, mentoring, and guidance, all come with your purchase. Lets see if you get these on your hacked-look-a-like indicators. All I know is, I am successful with my PBF indicators, are you with your hacked ones? or are you spending all of your time coding and hacking and never traded before?

I dont want to sound like an "a@#" considering it is my first post. But I am no stranger to this forum, I just decided to register and post a reply cause as I am reading your posts these past few months, its making me sick to my stomach. This forum is about helping others trade for the better, not on how I can hack the next indicator.

And I have no relation to PBF at all, I wish I was, maybe an affiliate, cause these indicators work for me! You just need to learn how to read them. These indicators show support and resistance levels. You just need to learn to read them!

I am done with my rant, good luck to all. But if anyone wants to talk about PBF and how to read the indicators and feed off of each other idea's and strategy on using them, I am all for it. But if the conversation/thread is about how expensive it is and lets see if we can hack a look a like, then dont bother.

Bottom line, if you are spending a ton of time trying to hack or make an indicator look like PBF's, then this is telling everyone, that PBF indicators are legit and they work. And you are just too cheap to pay for the real ones!

Hi Travis

The paint bars are basically derived from a hull moving average and whether the ma is greater than previous bar then its blue or if it's less than preious bar then it's red.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

..... ..... there you have it.

if you have read the threads here,

you will see that your question has been asked before.

The findings are:

1. The indicators are simplistic, for the simplistic mind... it does not need a rocket scientist to figure it out.

2. The indicators are not original, they have been done before PBF.

3. The indicators are not up to date, PBF had many tweaks since BR's post.

4. People like to tinker... illegal hacking was hardly the intent.

5. Some people make money with the squeeze, some don't. So what's the value of the code?

as you can see, even with the BR codes available wide open,

1. You do not see thousands of people flooding to TraderLaboratory to download the codes,

2. You do not see thousands of people became millionaire because of it.

3. You do not see thousands of people LOSS money because of it.

4. As a matter of fact, you do not see thousands of people have much of a reaction !!!

YMMV

I am sure you are happy with your code.

You do sound like sour grape, wishing you had "discovered" the free version before you put down your hard earned money.

Let it go... go forth and enjoy.

.........There you have it!