Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Version 3 Bugs and Feedback

Please use this thread to submit any bugs or issues with the website since our new upgrade. All issues will be looked into individually. Since our upgrade, many features have been changed or disabled while new features have been added. Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

James

Great work on getting the new features added, just one request if it's possible.

The old system used to have the " unread posts" under the username, and it would send you to all of the unread posts since your last visit. Is it possible to re-instate this feature?

Thanks

Blu-Ray

ps When writing this post, the "Preview Post" feature isn't working.

James

Great work on getting the new features added, just one request if it's possible.

The old system used to have the " unread posts" under the username, and it would send you to all of the unread posts since your last visit. Is it possible to re-instate this feature?

Thanks

Blu-Ray

ps When writing this post, the "Preview Post" feature isn't working.

Thanks for the feedback Blu-Ray, the "unread posts" is currently being developed to fit the new system. Unfortunately the feature could not be implemented into the new system so I am still waiting on this. Looking to get this feature back on shortly.

Preview post is not working and will look into this asap. Thanks

The preview function is back and running, there was a conflict with the Megaupload filebox. Depending on whether the filebox will interfere with the system technology, we may have to remove it.

hello James, this looks very nice ¡¡ as usual TL is getting even more cool ¡¡

My bug : I am not able to enter the chatroom, tells me to login, login doesnt get you there... sorry for the inconv. hope all this doesnt give you to much headache...

Thanks for all the work James... cheers Walter.

I would also like to 2nd the request for the unread posts feature. Very nice to see if/what new posts there are.

I also cannot access the chat room like Walter as well through the link at the top of the forum.

No access for Trading Indicators forum(http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/) though I can visit coding forum which is a subforum there,what is wrong as I use to visit both previously without any troubles!

Hi techtrader,

Thanks for the report, I have temporarily fixed the forum but will need to add the former templates at a later point. The forum will have no issues with posting but will lack the indicator introduction box which appeared in the previous version. I will keep this thread posted regarding the final fix. Thanks

hello James, this looks very nice ¡¡ as usual TL is getting even more cool ¡¡

My bug : I am not able to enter the chatroom, tells me to login, login doesnt get you there... sorry for the inconv. hope all this doesnt give you to much headache...

Thanks for all the work James... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter,

I will get this issue resolved asap. Thanks and Happy New Year to you.

I would also like to 2nd the request for the unread posts feature. Very nice to see if/what new posts there are.

I also cannot access the chat room like Walter as well through the link at the top of the forum.

Hi Brownsfan,

Happy New Year, the unread posts feature needs to be upgraded in order to activate under this system. So I need to wait a bit until the developer releases it. I will keep you posted on this.

My biggest problem was coping with TL withdrawal.

But getting my fix again now :)

I third the unread posts feature, very handy indeed.

Havent really gone for a good spin yet but on the subject of getting quickly to unread messages ideally you want :-

A list of threads with unread messages and a place to click that takes you to the last unread message in the thread. Ideally this should remember what you have read and haven't read rather than use message time and your last logged in time. (The old software was good in this regard some isn't). Reason is you might not be able to read all you want in one sitting.

Something else useful is a 'catch up' button or 'mark all threads read' button. With the old software I used to spend a while just going into the last page of a whole bunch of threads that I wasn't interested in then straight back out again just to keep it 'tidy' and let the system know I had read them. If I had been away for a while that was painful :)

Cheers

EDIT one thing I found really useful with the old software was that the link was always there to take you to unread messages (as Blu Ray initially pointed out). That was pretty handy.

Edited by BlowFish

Havent really gone for a good spin yet but on the subject of getting quickly to unread messages ideally you want :-

A list of threads with unread messages and a place to click that takes you to the last unread message in the thread. Ideally this should remember what you have read and haven't read rather than use message time and your last logged in time. (The old software was good in this regard some isn't). Reason is you might not be able to read all you want in one sitting.

Something else useful is a 'catch up' button or 'mark all threads read' button. With the old software I used to spend a while just going into the last page of a whole bunch of threads that I wasn't interested in then straight back out again just to keep it 'tidy' and let the system know I had read them. If I had been away for a while that was painful :)

Cheers

EDIT one thing I found really useful with the old software was that the link was always there to take you to unread messages (as Blu Ray initially pointed out). That was pretty handy.

Hi Blowfish,

Definitely a great idea and will see if this can be implemented. Alot of time and expenses have gone into the system upgrade and we will start developing some of the smaller features like unread posts shortly. Thanks

Radio station is currently not working. We are looking to upgrade this to fit the new system. The ability to switch radio stations is not functioning at the moment. We should have this fixed shortly.

James

I just wanted to add my two cents worth here with regards to quotes on posts.

As in when you're replying to a post and using their quote, it used to show up in a white box and I thought this was easier to distinguish between the new post and the quote of the relevant post. Now it's the same colored background and having the " " wrapped around the quote.

This is just my humble observation, wondered if anyone else thought the same.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

James

I just wanted to add my two cents worth here with regards to quotes on posts.

As in when you're replying to a post and using their quote, it used to show up in a white box and I thought this was easier to distinguish between the new post and the quote of the relevant post. Now it's the same colored background and having the " " wrapped around the quote.

This is just my humble observation, wondered if anyone else thought the same.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Sure, I can change it back. I was experimenting with a new design.

Hi James,

Took me a long time but today I recognized that TL lost its site logo. The tab with TL was a lot easier to locate before the site was upgraded.

Cheers

TL_Icon.PNG.69a878b28a99c280500535f6b711ba05.PNG

Hi,

there's a small error with the new unread posts feature, which is very cool btw.

It depends on the location my browser is viewing if the search function works or not.

E.g. from the TL home( http://www.traderslaboratory.com ) it gives me an error, if I am in the

forums section it doesn't ( http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums ).

This is because the link is relative, just need to convert it to absolute then everything should be fine http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

TL_search_function_error.thumb.PNG.ceb7d69f7cd8f1b2369f3a0d06e7a0f6.PNG