Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros

After receiving this book from Suri Duddella himself (author), I must say I was highly impressed. Previously reading two volumes of Bulkowski's, Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, I was quite stunned to learn various chart patterns I was never exposed to. Suri's book contains over 65 chart patterns, most of which was new to me. For a purely technical based trader relying on pattern recognition, this book is a gold mine. Packed with illustrated charts, Suri goes into depth on entries and exit points as well.

From NR7 breakouts, Globex pivots, channels, M & W patterns, etc... Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros explains things easily even for the novice trader. There are alot of technical analysis books out there on the market but this book was perhaps one of the easiest to understand. I recall reading Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Edwards and Magee my first month entering the trading world and it was quite overwhelming.

I personally am not a chart pattern based trader but many intraday traders I come across here in TL have done an amazing job trading intraday technical patterns. I highly recommend this book for both the seasoned and novice trader to expand your knowledge of technical price patterns.

A few examples of patterns explained in the book:

1. Three Hills and a Mountain Pattern

2. Bearish and Bullish Bat Pattern

3. Fractal Pattern (interesting reversal pattern)

4. Various Channels (rectangle, donchian)

5. Symmetry Patterns

6. 3 Bar Patterns (MSL and MSH)

I personally am not a pattern based trader but the book made me think about the lack of understanding I had for patterns. (I trade mainly off market profile. Different kind of patterns. :) )

I will also like to invite Suri to participate on our forums to share his expert knowledge on this topic as well.

Hi Paul,

No problem. Of course anyone on a mission to become the best pattern based traders must understand the psychology behind why they work and become familiar with them before risking any money. Similar to candlesticks but on a more broader based form of pattern recognition imo.

Suri is a legit guy, I have discussed patterns with him in the past. He works hard at what he does, and likely makes money trading - which is a lot more than can be said for many other instructor/authors. He would be a great asset to TL.

Those who frequent the TS forum would be familiar with Suri's work as demicron/surinotes and perhaps even use his HA candle stick and Zigzag indicators.

This is a very good effort by the author and true to his title, the word 'pattern' appeared more than 1100 times in this book and most of them have precise objective entry and stops. Some of the less objective patterns such as Elliot waves are not as definitively covered, as expected. However, fans of the Wolfe wave should be aware that this particular pattern was somehow missing in action, although many ABC patterns are covered - even something called the 'sea-horse' reversal pattern discovered by the author in 2005. Another minor objection is that this book doesn't have an index and some subjects may be hard to find when you are trying to look up a pattern or keyword. Most students of patterns won't have this problem however, because we are likely to be mesmerized by the myriad of patterns and setups available in this book and endeavor to have them memorized by heart.

Those who are not familiar with the author's work on the TS forum can go to the author's website and view some useful daily charts and patterns as studied in the book.