Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

gatrader

Easy Language - Help with Simple System

I luuurv EL it really is ...well easy. There is a downloadable reference guide on TS site somewhere. Another advantage is there is a huge wealth of public domain code you can cannibalise.

What I'd do is open up a couple of TS studies and see how they work. Start with a simple moving average or whatever takes your fancy. You might have to look a couple of things up but you'll be knocking out simple studies in no time.

Cheers.

Blu-Ray:

I know you have coded up some indicators in the past and posted them freely on this forum and for that I thank you for your generosity. I do have a simple EL question for you. How would one store the opening 60 min high and low as a variable to be used for other calculations? Thanks in advance.

What is it you need doing? ( You can send it by PM if you want )

Cheers

Blu-Ray

if you are using an hourly chart you could say "if date<>date[1] then..." and then save the high and low of this bar using whatever variables you want.

This is just a way of identifying the first bar of the session.

another route is to declare a name for a variable like this (on 60-min chart):

vars: aa(0), bb(0);

if time=1030 then aa=high;

if time=1030 then bb=low;

----

then you can reference aa or bb in further code.

or for 30-min chart:

vars: aa(0), bb(0);

if time=1030 then aa=highest(h,2);

if time=1030 then bb=lowest(l,2);

etc...

-----

depending on further code, sometimes may have to write as:

if time=1030 then aa=high else aa=0;

Blu-Ray:

I know you have coded up some indicators in the past and posted them freely on this forum and for that I thank you for your generosity. I do have a simple EL question for you. How would one store the opening 60 min high and low as a variable to be used for other calculations? Thanks in advance.

Thanks bh_trade

Yes, it would be as waveslider mentioned on his post if your using an hourly chart, or alternatively if your using a smaller timeframe chart, then putting an "endtime" as input would be easy enough for you.

Here's an example of the code you would need.

Inputs:

endtime (1030);

Vars:

HH(0),LL(0);

if date<>date[1] then begin

HH = high;

LL = Low;

end;

if time <= endtime then begin

if high > HH then HH = High;

if Low < LL then LL = Low;

end;

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Thanks to both Blu-Ray and Waveslider for responding. Blu-Ray, I was looking to access the first hour highs and lows on a lower timeframe chart, so your solution was the one I was looking for - thanks again.