Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Market Profile Education Resources

Here is a shortcut to the online seminars presented by the Chicago Board of Trade on Market Profile.

This is part 1 of 2 of Market Profile 101 presented by Alex Benjamin.

CLICK THIS LINK

Just input your email and press "View archived event". Make sure you have real player installed.

This is part 2 of 2 of Market Profile 102 presented by Alex Benjamin.

CLICK THIS LINK

Just input your email and press "View archived event".

This is a more basic method of market profile presented by Dan Grazma: Market Profile - Trading Strategies & Applications

CLICK THIS LINK

Just input your email and press "View archived event".

If you would like a market profile handbook in a PDF format, you can download it here.

CLICK THIS LINK

The file is over 12mb in size so it may take a few minutes to load.

For more information be sure to check the CBOT website at Chicago Board of Trade

I have found a few interesting sites that deal with market profile; IOAMT (Institute of Auction Market Theory) is run by Bill Duryea, Cisco (CISCO Futures) is run by Don Jones, and Trading Clinic (The TradingClinic) is run by Alex Benjamin. All three have free educational stuff on them.

Thanks for the resources. I had a chance to learn with Alex Benjamin for a little bit. He's one of the best in the field.

TinGull do you have real player installed? You might have to wait a bit as well. They are approximately 60 minutes in length and can take some time to download even to stream. Also they are down sometimes so might have to check back on it later.

I just gave it a test run and it seems to be working okay.

I do have Real player and the first time I tried, it worked great and downloaded a real file to my desktop. Now, quicktime tries to open and it won't let me download just a file for real. Weird...I'll keep playing around I guess. I just use the email that I used here right? That's all i did last time.

I have troubles too . Not able to register !!

Soultrader, I would appreciate if you could send me the files.

wow, digging up things from the basement here. This thread is almost 2 years old, good luck getting those files.

thanks a lot Soultrader, for posting the links.

but i m also facing problems in watching them.

is there some source from where we can "DOWNLOAD" such webinars ?

can someone kindly point towards a source ...

thanks

thanks a lot Soultrader, for posting the links.

but i m also facing problems in watching them.

is there some source from where we can "DOWNLOAD" such webinars ?

can someone kindly point towards a source ...

thanks

You may have to go to the new CME Group site as the links are from the time before the merger. Don't know for sure, but give it a try.

MP101 & MP102 are

MP101 can be accessed by clicking on the link. No registration is required

http://www.tradingclinic.com/mp201/mp101_benjamin_021705.wmv

MP102 can be accessed by clicking on the link. No registration is required

http://www.tradingclinic.com/downloads/mp201/MP102_media/MP102.wmv

MP103 is available but regrettably only for a fee

however clicking on the following link will give you access to a free no registration required 3 hour presentation done June 6th 2008 to my subscribers

http://www.tradingclinic.com/oneoff/special20080606/special20080606.html

i realize this thread is a few years old, but since there have been recent links and updates, i wanted to add some resources i've found very useful.

1. The CL/CES course via DLC Profiles (Jim Dalton's company) - i'm only a few weeks into this 12-month program, and already i can barely recognize the trader i was at the start. and i still have MILES and MILES to go. I can't thank the guys at DLC enough for all their help.

2. Anatomy of CBOT Market Profile - This is an online presentation by Jim Dalton. Viewers can also download/print a PDF of the presentation slides.

3. ASX on Market Profile - I don't often see this site listed, but i think it does a great job of putting together a compressed but useful primer on Market Profile.

4. The CBOT Market Profile Manual - This is pretty much the manual on Market Profile. i know it has been mentioned elsewhere, but figure it doesn't hurt to have the link again. and some water. it's a bit dry, imo :)

5. CBOT Market Profile Educational Resources - several links for various MP related presentations and such.

6. Market Profile Basics - An overview of some core MP stuff.

7. Interview with Pete Steidlmayer - An interview with the founder of Market Profile.

i used to have a link for another Dalton audio/video presentation but currently can't locate it. if i find it, i will post it.

obviously, there will be some overlap and some repetition. i've yet to find evidence that either is detrimental to learning anything. the market is thick with context and nuances, so i'm a believer in seeing the same thing many times to really reinforce learning and establish an unshakable foundation.

hope this helps.

take care -

omni

Edited by omni2006

i used to have a link for another Dalton audio/video presentation but currently can't locate it. if i find it, i will post it.
through some digging, i found that the presentation i was referring to was done in 2001 and hosted by Zap Futures. Well, RJO bought Zap and the link went away with the acquisition. however, i was able to find my old archive of the audio file and the presentation slides. i put the slides into a Word file and uploaded them here. and here is the MP3 file.

not surprisingly, what Jim was talking about in 2001 echoed his thoughts from Mind Over Markets (completed in 1990). his current teachings retain the core concepts from these previous offerings as well.

btw, i left out a couple of slides that were no longer applicable (i.e. old, defunct email addresses and so forth). otherwise, it's all the original material from the free online presentation.

Enjoy!

Market Profile is one of the most powerful tools we can use as traders, but it is widely used incorrectly as s/r on your charts.

I beleive the MP is best used as a direction filter from one day to the next, whereas many MP traders try and use these levels to execute trades, which is risky to new traders b/c they havent the experience needed to understand what they are gettign involve with.

One reason why I stay away from MP levels such as VAH and VAL is b/c of the following:

1. Different Market Profile calculation methods mean that these levels can be inaccurate, and due to the fact that traders want to be part of the 'crowd' rahter than be right, this inaccuracy makes for 'blurred' support/resistance levels.

compare VAH to a Pivot...

The Pivot calculation is simple and is always using the settlement information from the exchange. this tells me at the end of the day MOST traders will have this calculation nailed down the same way as the mass majority of traders, which gives me more confidence in this level 'holding' with price.

Now look at VAH...different story... this is calculated off volume, meaning there is plenty of room for error there, and then we have the many different varitions of how to calculate it, and you have a potential S/R level that is 'blurred' because of the different ways in which OTHER traders have calculated these levels.

SO rather than using these levels as S/R to take trades, i use this the way it was designed to be used, and that is to identify the overall market sentiment as it applies to value that was determined by the previous day's trading.

Hope it helps! Mav

Edited by Soultrader

There is an important site missing from the list above:

menu

I will make a simple statement... I have attended all of the mentors mentioned above this post... but they cannot compare with the site posted here. Erik nelson provides analysis of the Profile and makes it simple to understand better than any

mentor I have seen... check out his site, there is a free section. the course lasts for a month, and there is continuing education in a private MP trading room for free.

If you want to learn the profile...or even if you are currently using it now.. I guarantee you that Erik will expose you to more of the power that the Profile offers. Google (alternating-symmetry) for the web address.

Koifan

Hello Mr. Benjamin...Alex, I never mentored under you... but I have listened to many

presentations online of yours... at one time I was in Christine's trading room... remember her? The lady with health problems that you associated with. That's were I originally met Erik. Yes I am aware you did some mentoring with Erik... but you should see him now.

I sincerely believe he has taken MP analysis to another level. there are methods taught in his room, that aren't available anywhere. I certainly mean NO disrespect to you Alex,

you should have some credit for inspiring Erik...you should be very proud. Thanks Alex for responding to my post.