Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas

For $12.95 you will not find a better book than this. One of my favorite reads of all-time. Nicolas Darvas is well known for his box theory. The box theory focuses on price action alone using support and resistance points. Price moves in brackets. As price moves from one bracket to another, the boxes pile on top of each other causing a trend.

This theory made a dramatic change in my trading when I changed my style to using market profile, price action, and tape. Now, I have applied the box theory into tape reading to spot short term reversal points.

For anyone interested in learning more about this theory, I recommend you to pick this up. For those interested in a good wall street read, this book is for you.

From what i remember he may have been a fraud but they never proved it.But then he never proved he wasn't.I did read the book a few years ago.As trading books go,to be fair, it stands out above the dross.

His system was to wait until a stock broke out of a trading range (a box) on big volume,set a tight stop and he never went short.He also did fundamental research on the stocks he bought and looked for those making 52 week highs..Pretty simple stuff,which is ok.Lke a lot of people he made his money in a bull market.

If it hadn't been for the warrants, though, his performance would likely have been pretty ordinary. And, as you say, it was a bull market. I was surprised back at the time that Paul liked it so much, but I didn't say anything. Chacun a son gout.

It can be favorite reads in terms of struggles which the author made while throughout his trading career. This book not only defines about his trading life but also about his past life and how he started trading. Trading strategy is not explained very clearly. To understand his "box strategy", u will have to read it more than once.

It is just an OK Book for traders. If u r interested in reading diaries, then consider it a trading diary and u will enjoy it.

you could do worse than simply only buying when stocks go up in such a manner and applying a very simple strategy............even if this simply keeps you out of the bear markets and away from more complicated, less profitable ideas.

DbP - warrants? Did he simply use leverage in a bull market?