Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

"S&R" Scalps

I use tick charts for scalping, its like tape reading on a chart, you get to see whats happening... minute charts are more for longer trades, they give a very nice longer view of whats going on, so having both its very recomendable as they have difernt functions... cheers Walter.

Well :hmmmm:, I think that I will need more practice with the tick charts in order to understand its use very clearly.

As I prefer to use MT4 instead of NT, and if 22t is more less equal to 5 min, and 6t is more less equal to 1 min, then I guess there not are to much differences between them in order to reach the same results that you usually talk in yours threads. :hmmmm: Well, I hope that I am right about it... :embarassed:

Thanks for your prompt response.

Saludos.

Cattus

Well :hmmmm:, I think that I will need more practice with the tick charts in order to understand its use very clearly.

As I prefer to use MT4 instead of NT, and if 22t is more less equal to 5 min, and 6t is more less equal to 1 min, then I guess there not are to much differences between them in order to reach the same results that you usually talk in yours threads. :hmmmm: Well, I hope that I am right about it... :embarassed:

Thanks for your prompt response.

Saludos.

Cattus

in YM at least, 22t its much smaller than 1 min... you will see what happens inside a 1 min bar, so very dificult to replace that Cattus, again you can trade from a 1 min chart but will be a diferent thing... cheers Walter.

Cactus If you look at the charts Walter has posted you can count the bars per time unit and get a feel for how many bars per minute there are. IT looks like the 6T gives at least 15 or so and of course more when pace is greater.

Cheers.

in YM at least, 22t its much smaller than 1 min... you will see what happens inside a 1 min bar, so very dificult to replace that Cattus, again you can trade from a 1 min chart but will be a diferent thing... cheers Walter.

Cactus If you look at the charts Walter has posted you can count the bars per time unit and get a feel for how many bars per minute there are. IT looks like the 6T gives at least 15 or so and of course more when pace is greater.

Cheers.

Thanks for your comments, Walter and BlowFish.

I had been thinking about it and now I am understanding better the utility of the tick charts.

I believe that the similarity on the EURJPY, between ticks (6 and 22) and minutes (1 and 5), is a coincidence, only that. And may be it is only on a precise hours of some days...

Cheers.

Cattus

Hi Walter,

Do you have any new information or videos on the subject of S&R scalps? I notice you have not posted anything lately. I am still interested. Thank you.

2008 will be it, for now I will take some rest... happy holidays ¡¡ cheers Walter.

2008 will be it, for now I will take some rest... happy holidays ¡¡ cheers Walter.

More than deserved that rest, Walter. Thanks for all your great contributions! :thumbs up:

My better desires for this Christmas and the next New Year 2008, to you, to your family, to all the guys of Tokyo gang and finally, to all this great site of TL.

Happy holidays to all, buddies!!! :cheers:

Cattus

Hi Walter,

You deserve some good rest. You have done plenty for 2007. Thanks for your contributions. I greatly appreciate it. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Here's a copy of the ADXVMA with 2 inputs, meaning you can have a sma,ema or hma added to the main plot line. However, if your trying to get a copy of Walter's chart, then leave the ma line to 1 and the additional line won't plot.

But you will have to insert the indicator onto your chart twice, one with an input of 2 and the other with an input of 6. ( for example )

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Thanks very much for the ADXVMA.eld. I have a small request of you. If you find time, can you add Keltner bands to this indicator. I have tried in vain. Obviously I'm not very talented in EasyLanguage.

Anyway I hope your holidays are going well and I wish you much success in the coming year.

Bruce H.

Here's a copy of the ADXVMA with 2 inputs, meaning you can have a sma,ema or hma added to the main plot line. However, if your trying to get a copy of Walter's chart, then leave the ma line to 1 and the additional line won't plot.

But you will have to insert the indicator onto your chart twice, one with an input of 2 and the other with an input of 6. ( for example )

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

ps. Great thread Walter, excellent work. :cool:

I apologize to everyone for my previous post.

Blu-Ray, thanks very much for the ADXVMA.eld you made a couple of weeks ago. I have a small request of you. If you find time, can you add Keltner bands or Bollinger Bands to this indicator. I have tried in vain. Obviously I'm not very talented in EasyLanguage.

Anyway I hope your holidays are going well and I wish you much success in the coming year.

Bruce H.

I apologize to everyone for my previous post.

Blu-Ray, thanks very much for the ADXVMA.eld you made a couple of weeks ago. I have a small request of you. If you find time, can you add Keltner bands or Bollinger Bands to this indicator. I have tried in vain. Obviously I'm not very talented in EasyLanguage.

Bruce H.

No Problem Bruce, Leave it with me and I'll sort it out next week when I get back to business.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Here you go Bruce, two for the price of one. ( Well none really ;) ) Enter 1 for Bollinger Bands and 2 for Keltner Channels.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4651&stc=1&d=1199358074

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Many thanks, Blu-Ray. My very best wishes to you for a safe and profitable new year.

Bruce