Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jperl

How long does it take to become a profitable trader

Even though we know that TL has the best threads around, there occasionally are some good threads at other forums that are worth knowing about. One of them at ET entitled "Time of Active Trading Before Becoming Profitable" is very good and well worth reading. While this has been discussed before in this forum (see threads by [thread=465]carter[/thread], [thread=258]kingston[/thread],[thread=578]Suzy[/thread] and [thread=622],Stockaddict[/thread], it is well worth repeating.

Here is the link:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110889&perpage=6&pagenumber=1ell

hi there, im jason from london........been studying vwap for some time now.

A mentor friend of mine trades equities using vwap and mpd bands set 2 sd away from vwap, pretty much like your set up, only he trades the opposite way round to you. What i mean is when price hits the 2 sd he then trades and exits at vwap. There is other entry critria which he also uses like whether the index is ranging or trending, up or down etc, but it works for him and he swears by vwap. He says that brokers and mm use vwap as their benchmark in their trading, 'if its good enough for them its good enough for me' he says.

Why can't we use the vwap the same way as my friend does?, or do you already?

Is vwap used the same way in futures markets as it is in equities, meaning do mm and brokers use it for their benchmark in futures as in equities???

thanks and regards, i have learnt so much already from your videos,

jason

Jason

VWAP trading sounds like a simplified version of Navigator software, except their emphasis is more on volume with different terminology. They call the VWAP the mean and the first standard deviations the value area high & low. If interested, the website to find some freebies and trials is tradingeducationexchange.com Does anyone know how to find the TS .eld for the histogram on the left side of the chart in the video?

This is my first post, regards to all, these are great forums with a lot of good info.

Larry