Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cjstrader5

moving average crossover with volume surge

I am trying to write a strategy that makes long entry when the faster ma crosses over the slower one with a volume surge to show trend and not fire false orders in baseing or channeling. :crap: Example 6ma crossing over 18ma with volume surge to show trend up then buy at next bar and exit when 2ma crosses under the 6 ma.

I am trying to write a strategy that makes long entry when the faster ma crosses over the slower one with a volume surge to show trend and not fire false orders in baseing or channeling. :crap: Example 6ma crossing over 18ma with volume surge to show trend up then buy at next bar and exit when 2ma crosses under the 6 ma.

The lag will eat you alive. Why not just send your money to me? If you absolutely have to use MA's why not use Hull? http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/screaming-fast-moving-average-2082.html

The lag will eat you alive. Why not just send your money to me? If you absolutely have to use MA's why not use Hull? http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/screaming-fast-moving-average-2082.html

How are Hulls treating you Minetoo ? after cci, probably one of the best inmediate timing tools ever... if you add the vma context... just pure enjoyment...

This is one of todays example using hull in conjunction with vma...

the white is a hull 5 smoothed by an sma 2 and the yellow is a vma smoothed by a hull... all in a vma rainbow context... in that case it was magenta rejects pum pum pum... certainly hulls are much more recomended than any average...

attachment.php?attachmentid=4304&stc=1&d=1196738828

cheers Walter.

5aa70e273ef5a_nicescalps.thumb.png.a05e89138581d435c3813126a550ae03.png

cjstrader5: start by studying this thread, I believe there's already a strategy completed.

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=40589&SearchTerm=hull%20moving%20average&txtExactMatch=

Walter: the Hull's have proven themselves extremely useful. I use them in conjunction with tick charts, momentum, pivots, etc. to get a really excellent idea about market direction and frequent 1-2+ point ES scalps. ssswwwweeeeeetttt.

If I wanted to use the Hull Moving Average (jtHMA) for the crossover strategy instead of a simple or exponential moving average crossover strategy, what would I need to put in say for a fast length jtHMA(10) and a slow length jtHMA (20) with similar parameters as above, if fast avg jtHMA crosses above slow avg jtHMA then buy next bar after lines cross at open of bar, and SellShort if reverse, and want to be able to use the displace feature if possible to displace the jtHMAs +1, 2, or 3, going to test to see what works better. Also, is there a way to buy intrabar after crossing, and what other coding would need to be put in to use this on a 30 or 60 min. timeframe? Thanks for any help.

Curtis