Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

oainot

Radarscreen Help!!!

Dear Guys,

Please help me. I'm using TS 8.2 with 3rdparty off-line data. I can not choose indicator to insert into radarscreen. The "Select Analysis Type" box is unavailable for me. I don't know why?

Please help.

Many thanks.

radarscreen.jpg

Within the indicator code is an option as to which type of window you can open that indicator to.... You likely don't have the box checked that enables that particular indicator to work in Radarscreen.

Go to 'File' - 'Open Easylanguage Document' and choose the indicator you would like to make available to Radarscreen

Right click the mouse within the EL document and choose 'Properties'

Then click on the 'Applications' tab and check the box for 'Radarscreen'

when you have done this, click 'F3' and document will save and re-verify and you are now done and can close the document and open it in radarscreen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4300&stc=1&d=1196685529

help.thumb.png.1233e8243861b3aa380f6e84c8ea14a9.png

Within the indicator code is an option as to which type of window you can open that indicator to.... You likely don't have the box checked that enables that particular indicator to work in Radarscreen.

Go to 'File' - 'Open Easylanguage Document' and choose the indicator you would like to make available to Radarscreen

Right click the mouse within the EL document and choose 'Properties'

Then click on the 'Applications' tab and check the box for 'Radarscreen'

when you have done this, click 'F3' and document will save and re-verify and you are now done and can close the document and open it in radarscreen.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I know this issue. I had found some posts in forums about this. But my problem look a bit stranger.

open.jpg

As you can see in the picture, many built-in indicators checked already for using with radarscreen. But they are not in the radarscreen. And I can not find any indicator that presents in radarscreen by opening EL files.

One more thing is that when I click menu Insert, I see the option: "Analysis Technique...". In somewhere I had seen in that place "Insert Indicator" instead of. I'm not sure, but may be this is in version 8.1.

insert.jpg

I'm considering that, I use TS 8.2 in off-line mode with end-of-day 3rd party data.

Thanks again.

I'm wating for any suggestion.

I have found that I'm not the only man facing to this trouble. Fanktrader (tradensei@yahoo.com) has the same problem. And he had discribed the problem more clearly.

Hi

I am using Tradestation 8.1 and I am unable to import new indicators into its Radar Screen. I have tried a lot, but till now, no success! The new indicators gets imported into the Tradestation easily, and I am able to use them in Chart Windows, but when I try to apply them in Radar Screen, then these new indicators are not available there. I do not know why !!!

I request all the users of Tradestation, to kindly tell me the solution to this problem. I will be extremely grateful to you for your kind help.

Clipboard-1.jpg

Clipboard-2-1.jpg

Clipboard-3.jpg

Clipboard-4.jpg

hmm.. I don't have an elegant solution so I will venture an unelegant one...

open one of the indicators that does work in Radarscreen and re-save it as a new name. check to see if the new name is now available to be imported into Radarscreen.

next, copy/paste the code from the new indicator you want to import into the re-saved document (the one you just re-named) and re-verify it (F3). Now see if its available?

this is a non-programmers approach... gl.

hmm.. I don't have an elegant solution so I will venture an unelegant one...

open one of the indicators that does work in Radarscreen and re-save it as a new name. check to see if the new name is now available to be imported into Radarscreen.

next, copy/paste the code from the new indicator you want to import into the re-saved document (the one you just re-named) and re-verify it (F3). Now see if its available?

this is a non-programmers approach... gl.

Many thanks to you, Dogpile,

Your way can get success on Prosuite 2000i. But Radarscreen 2000i does not allow me to insert 3-rd party data. Radarscreen accept only data form his GlobalServer application. I still don't know how to put 3-rd party EOD data into Radarscreen 2000i.

Back to Tradestation 8.2, I am considering of, Radarscreen may allow insert any custom indicator just with on-line mode.

Anyone could kindly please confirm that, can insert custom indicator into Radarscreen in Tradestation 8.2 OFF-LINE MODE.

Thanks again.