Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

marketguy

JPJTrading. Any thoughts?

I have been to all three rooms also and paid for JPJtrading one month.

Guys, this is my last piece of advice, none of the method can be profitable by themselves, you need something else. If you read Glenbeee's previous post on Nasdaq Futures, he likes something only if it fits into his "jigsaw puzzle".

Done.

I have come up with my own methods by staring at a MP chart, Glenbee has also. And so can you. Bottomline, these trading room guys are nothing special.

He is quite hyper when in a trade so don't be put off by the noise.

As a matter of fact, he acts like a jerk most of the time. According to him , there is a chatroom consists of his former students who enjoy bashing him all day long. The room is called "Rock" or something and is not on Paltalk. I couldn't find it. If anyone who knows where it is, please PM me because I would like to join.

Thanks

Come on, you're better than that, act like it.

As a matter of fact, he acts like a jerk most of the time. According to him , there is a chatroom consists of his former students who enjoy bashing him all day long. The room is called "Rock" or something and is not on Paltalk. I couldn't find it. If anyone who knows where it is, please PM me because I would like to join.

Thanks

Come on, you're better than that, act like it.

JP calls anyone who uses Fibonacci, Elliot Waves, Macd, CCi...etc," Idiots who uses Sliderules". I graduated from a top enigeering school,so I guess I qualify.

You are a member of Traders Laboratory, then I guess you qualify too.

Seriously, JP said these people at this room uses fancy softwares, so I don't mind sharing trading ideas with some probably very smart people and have a ball at the same time. So please PM me if you know where it is.

I have stayed of this thread because it became pissing contest, between OAC and few other who are trying to answer questions asked here.

JP training...

JP offers training 2-3 times /year and can be broken down into 3 phases.

Free week: Each training session starts with free week of access to the trading room. During that week JP and others trade and post trades, but there is no explanation or training provided. You can still get a feel about the trades though and decide if this is for you or not.

Training: It lasts 3 months ( not one like it was mentioned before). During this period, you will get some reading material, but most of the training is done by listening comments during and after trades. You are free to ask any question and encourage to do so. Either JP or any of the older members will answer them. Setups are not difficult to understand and one can take notes, because at this point you will not have access to detailed description of the setups. Occasionally, JP will have 1-2 hours of discussion after market close to answer any question related to trading. If at any point you change your mind, or decide that JP style of trading is not to your liking, you can drop the membership and be charge only for the time used.

Phase 3: After 3 months ( or as soon as you pay 3 monthly fees) you become life time member of the JP chat room. With that you gain access to more docs on setups and few tools that are shared/created by members.

My sole intention is to present a balanced view for a newbie reading this thread, not neccessary my point of view. JPJtrading has a free trial week and you can find out for yourself and they DO have a website. I said this thread is closed.

If you guys want to keep it up. There is more dirts to follow I can assure you that

My sole intention is to present a balanced view for a newbie reading this thread, not necessary my point of view. JPJtrading has a free trial week and you can find out for yourself and they DO have a website. I said this thread is closed.

If you guys want to keep it up. There is more dirts to follow I can assure you that

Hi OAK;

I have come across these market profile setups. (attached file).

Are these the setups that jpj trading teaches?

cheers.

Unicorn.

Market Profile Trading Methods trading-naked.com.doc

Hi OAK;

cheers.

Unicorn.

Are you trying to get me in trouble ? ;) Like the trap they set up for O.J. Simpson ?

When you talk about POC, VAL, VAH, there is bound to be similalities, but the general answer is a no.

It looks more like Hubert Senter's stuff, you know the partner of John Carter ?

Can you start a new thread next time ? To tell you the truth I am pretty tired of this one.

unicorn, thanks for the MP setups. I'm a complete newbie at the Market Profile approach, so this was very valuable information--gives me a framework for understanding how to look analytically at an MP chart. Excellent job!

Tasuki:

You have to give me the credit first. I recommended trading-naked.com before he did:

Actually, I recommended it before you in "Trading with Market Statistics:I. [thread=1962]Check here[/thread]

In any case it's a very useful site, although most of the stuff on Market Profile is only of historical interest.

Actually, I recommended it before you in "Trading with Market Statistics:I. [thread=1962]Check here[/thread]

In any case it's a very useful site, although most of the stuff on Market Profile is only of historical interest.

Wow, finally somebody appears to be on my side.

No matter the truth will prevail, I can take all of you guys single-handed.

Have you ever seen the old Bruce Lee movies ?

Hi OAK;

cheers.

Unicorn.

I was wondering if alleyb could give his opinion on those rules/methods from Trading naked.

Many Regards and all the best of the season to all,

email

I apologise I never got around to replying to the setups referred to above. The setups originally appeared on CQG's website back in the early 1990s are and were the result of extrapolating the information from Dalton's Mind over Markets and Pete Steidlmayer's various books neither of whom give genuine trading setups and triggers and neither of whom give exit strategies. The strategies mentioned are standard, in that I mean a good place to start and if followed likely to produce consistent positive results. What they don't tell you is the exit strategy nor the risk management that is so necessary for long term success

I could elaborate further on JPJ trading in that I am aware of his style and teachings and I have great respect for the gentleman but feel that it would be wrong to comment more than that yes in essence his teaching follows those style of strategies mentioned.

Each decade has its own market characteristics. I’ve, therefore had to make many adjustments in my trading style and approach over the years. Moreover, in order to continue trading successfully I’ll have to continue to adjust since market change is ongoing and inevitable. The ability to adjust comes from thinking for myself. In other words, using sound market logic rather than following formulae by rote or automatically accepting the conclusions of others.

You can’t respond mechanically and expect to succeed on a regular basis.

In other words, while you might be able to beat the standard probabilities in the short run, but the odds in favor of that happening in the long run are infinitesimal. There is a reasonable chance, for example, that a coin tossed in the air five times might land heads up five times in a row. However, as you increase the sample size and toss the same coin 1,000 times, the probability is that the nickel will land heads up closer to 50% of the time, not 100% as it did in the smaller sample.

By developing a logical approach, it is possible to identify data parameters that work 60 times out of 100 – sometimes 90 times out of 100. The key to using these parameters effectively is thinking about the conditions in which they will succeed. You can separate the winning situations from the losers more often than not when you don’t react automatically. By way of explanation, the characteristics that classify daily market activity – Normal, Trend and Non-Trend – are defined data parameters. Once you recognize the characteristics of a Trend Day, for instance, the appropriate response is to go with the market. This strategy won’t work on normal days because normal day’s activity creates a different kind of opportunity which requires a different approach or response.

Consistent performance depends on LOGICAL DEDUCTION –

About WHAT is ACTUALLY happening in front of you on the screen. That’s why the only effective tools in today’s uncertain investment climate, in my opinion, are those that DON’T treat all process and opportunities as equal or alike. To evaluate the situation developing in front of you on the screen realistically, you need experience gained in the marketplace and tools that DON’T rely on happenstance.

I have no wish to advertise here but as someone else has posted the link I will confirm it as being correct. My website is a Membership site and full details are available via the site.

On another note I hear JPJ is a little under the weather right now and when I aksed whether it was just a cold or something more serious I received an ambiguous answer so hopefully the old fellah is doing ok

Alex,

Your name came up in the room today and several people said some really positive things about you. Fun synchonicity.

It appears JP has walking pneumonia. He's been struggling for a while. BTW, for anyone interested in this thread. I joined JP's room April 1. It has been an amazingly positive experience. I am learning so much, not only from JP, but from other really good traders in the room. And it's only the beginning.

Bryan