Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

marketguy

JPJTrading. Any thoughts?

Glenbee, good luck to your trading and I wish you a prosperous career.

All I have to say is to the newbies here, since this forum has become quite popular among mostly new traders. It has become a fertile ground for for vendors to promote their services. If you have any questions about JPJtrading, feel free to PM me.

Isn't there a policy here that vendors are not allowed to promote their services? I don't see JPJ posting here or any other vendor for that matter. Does that preclude members to start threads and ask about these vendors? Maybe the owner (no mods, please) will clarify what the policy is.

In my opinion, a far greater risk is using this forum for so-called "experienced traders" who claim success (but don't prove it) to promulgate their trading methods regardless how bizarre they appear to the uneducated.

The rating system here is also a bit absurd. Member's trading accumen is scored based on the number of posts they make (Traders IQ), not real trading knowledge. So many "Guru" and "Master" traders. Reminds me of my kids star system that used in kindergarten.

:roll eyes:

Traders Laboratory is terrific resource for getting both solid information as well as personal view points. I started this thread because I had legitimate questions about a specific vendor. I came to my peers here in this room for their thoughts on the subject.

Indeed, I have gotten a whole range of opinions. Some, seem better informed than others. Some feel like rants. I welcome them all.

We live in an imperfect world. Our forum can only reflect that imperfection. I am really pleased with the feedback I have gotten in this thread. Where else could I have gone to get the feedback and info I was searching for? How cool this place exists.

As far as the vendor issue, I feel it's a non-issue. As far as I can tell, I got unbiased viewpoints by a few people who have used JP's service. I also got AllyB's thoughts on the subject. How great for a guy with that much experience to chime in positively on another vendor's service.

If we can't be discriminating enough to discern between solid, un-biased feedback and self-motivated endorsements or emotional rants we probably shouldn't be trading in the first place.

There is so much BS in this business. But there is so much that is real and good. We get to grow up as human beings and traders in our own ways and in our own time.

The TL community, all in all, really helps. Thanks everyone.

B

The rating system here is also a bit absurd. Member's trading accumen is scored based on the number of posts they make (Traders IQ), not real trading knowledge. So many "Guru" and "Master" traders. Reminds me of my kids star system that used in kindergarten.

:roll eyes:

I think it bothers you because this IQ thing reminds you of school.Why do I say that? It is because this is not the first time you are complaining about it.

How about we start a StreetSmart Meter instead ?

I think it bothers you because this IQ thing reminds you of school.Why do I say that? It is because this is not the first time you are complaining about it.

How about we start a StreetSmart Meter instead ?

I don't recall complaining about it. I just think it is silly and could mislead novices to think that people with high "IQ" actually know any more than the person with a low one. There are members here who didn't post anything much more substantial than "sounds cool" or "gee, thanks" a hundred times and they win the honor of having a the label "Guru" next to their name. That may float your boat, but not mine.

p.s. Sorry to continue in an off topic mode.

I know someone who has experience with his room. Not recommended.

Hi OAC;

would you please elaborate on the reasons that jpj trading is not recommended.

cheers.

Unicorn.

it became apparent from the get go that JP's objective is to take his students beyond theory. The bottom line is that he is driven by the desire to see his students make money. He is overwhelmingly passionate (and patient) when it comes to teaching a variety of very well thought out, logical (and very profitable) MP derived setups that he's identified for daytrading purposes. And while he focuses on the ES his setups and techniques are relevant to any market in which auction theory drives price action.

You will learn several market profile setups, and several that have nothing to do with market profile. Since there are over 200 members in the room on any given day, you will often see many traders posting many different trades, and oddly enough, there are many times when some members are short while others are long, even when both sides trade legit market profile setups.

I am in my second month of training at JPJTrading. In the begining I was just as skeptical about paying for chat room. I made a decision from the beginning that my risk will be 1 month fee, and if by the end of that month I can not make enough profit for next month tuition, I will not continue with JP.

If you can discern the wood for the trees and block this noise out then the teaching materials that JPJ has and promotes are worth every bit the cost. If you can learn even a simplistic setup from him then the cost is minimal.

Hello Glenbee, bh_trade, nickm001 and alleyb;

I have studied both "Mind over Markets" and "Markets in profile".

My question is: what is the form of the training at JPJ trading.com?

(a) Are the setups and the methodology presented ONLY verbally in the room?

(b) is there reading material in the form of pdf files that describe the setups?

© are there videos that present the setups, so as to understand how the trades in the room are triggered?

or

(d) there are a few charts on the site and then you have to make the best of your time asking questions in the room regarding the charts and/or trades that are presented.

Finally, how easy - efficient is it to ask for clarifications and actually get an answer, given that there are approximately 200 members in the chat room.

I would appreciate your response to this question, as I would like to understand how the teaching is organized.

Thanks.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Hi OAC;

would you please elaborate on the reasons that jpj trading is not recommended.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Because he doesn't make money trading.

Unicorn,

Here are some answers to your questions:

A) The setups and methodology are explained verbally in the room. Paltalk does not provide for chart sharing.

B) There are reading materials that review the methodology on the members Google group website.

C) There are no videos that I am aware up but JP sends out an audio recap every night.

D) You have to ask questions and during the training period you are encouraged to ask and ask and ask. For the most part, JP has the patience of a saint. No questions are ever considered to be "dumb" regalrdess of how elementary they may be.

E) You can rest assued that any questions you have are answered. A better way of putting it is that you will eventually come to understand everything that is presented. It's up to the individual to ask the questions. Also, of the 200 people in the room perhaps 40-80 are new memebers (including myself). And most of the 200 never post/ask anything. It is very, very managable.

Note that the above applies to the training period that follows JP's free trial (which is pretty much useless since he does not teach during the trial). Unless one is very well versed in market profile I would not recommend joining the room until the next trial/training period is offered... whenever that might be.

Hope this helps!

OAC,

You are a moderator on TradersLaboratory so I suppose you have some administrative authority. You and I have sent each other private messages and those will remain private. What will not is the fact that for whatever reason you have some axe to grind and to the best of my knowledge you have absolutely no evidence supporting your slander. I see the trades first hand every day and money is made every day. It's about time you post your proof or cut the crap. Your one line responses help no one. If you're trying to incite negativity you've succeeded. I'm fed up with your nonsense.

Whats your problem ?

You are the one who said you don't care JP makes money or not in our private exchange unless you forgot.

And I am terminating this thread because it has no education value.

If you want to find out for youself, just sign up for his free one week trial.

You are correct. I said that I don't care because I am interested in the trade logic... which has proven to be incredibly valid.

But I did NOT say he doesn't make money/money isn't made. Because that would be a lie. The fact is that the approach is extremely profitable. But if I say this then it seems that I am hawking. You have yet to post proof of your allegations. I would love to hear/see it. What's the saying "put up or shut up"??

The only thing that I can figure is that by antagonizing you're hoping that someone will be so disgusted they'll post the setups. If so, nice try... but no dice.

You can rest assured that any questions you have are answered. A better way of putting it is that you will eventually come to understand everything that is presented. It's up to the individual to ask the questions. Also, of the 200 people in the room perhaps 40-80 are new members (including myself). And most of the 200 never post/ask anything. It is very, very manageable.

Thank you Glenbee.

Note that the above applies to the training period that follows JP's free trial (which is pretty much useless since he does not teach during the trial). Unless one is very well versed in market profile I would not recommend joining the room until the next trial/training period is offered... whenever that might be.

Please clarify this for me: JPJ does not teach during the trial. Therefore, one would not understand much during the free trial.

Is this correct?

Unicorn,

Unless one is very well versed in market profile I would not recommend joining the room until the next trial/training period is offered...

I understand that the new training period starts after the free trial.

So it is not advisable to join at any time, but it is best to wait for the new training period, and catch the training from the start. Correct?

Thanks again.

regards.

Unicorn.

Unicorn;

All your questions can be sent directly to JPJTrading.com's support e-mail address. We are not providing free publicity to JPJTrading any more.

Thanks

And I am terminating this thread because it has no education value.

If you want to find out for yourself, just sign up for his free one week trial.

OAC,

Please let the man answer my question.

Furthermore, I may not wish to wait for the next free trial week. BUT before I spend my money tomorrow (if I decide to do so), or the day after, I would like to know how this training is conducted.

Additionally, I would like to have the answers that I seek today (if the guys have the time to answer them), as opposed to a distant and unknown date.

Finally, I think that the focus of this site is not just education BUT INFORMATION AS WELL.

Thanks.

And of course thank you for providing the opposite point of view.

BUT STILL, let the information flow.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Unicorn;

All your questions can be sent directly to JPJTrading.com's support e-mail address. We are not providing free publicity to JPJTrading any more.

Thanks

Yes, OAK

I might do that.

Still, I need the viewpoint of the customer;

The answer from the service provider will always be along the lines "we are perfect, we have all the methods you need, our effectiveness is unparalleled, our track record is impeccable, our material is top notch".

Thanks for your concerns.

best regards.

Unicorn.

Unicorn;

The traing is 4 weeks and always follow the trial week. There is no point for JP or any one else spend the time to train just you.

Hello everyone, just joining this thread. Gosh, what a tempest in a teapot. Chill, guys and gals. The local surfers here have an expression I really like and respect: "Chill, dude, it's all good."

A short comment and a short question:

1) Unicorn asked some good questions on permalink #40. Love to hear an answer to them from somebody who knows.

2) Early in the thread alleyb said that he had some free videos somewhere. Could someone point me to them please?

Many thanks, Taz

p.s. so far, at least, this thread has had great educational value, for me at least (I'm a newbie to MP). Not only have I learned about the guy JPJ, but also two other resources for Market Profile, alleyb and balancetrader. I'll be sure to check them all out. Also, several valuable books were mentioned on MP that I definitely need to read. I have the Mind Over Markets, but I got bogged down in it when I tried reading it earlier. Now, thanks to this thread, I realize that I've got to go back and study it carefully and thoroughly (and get all the way through it this time!).

Anyway, thanks for all the good advice, folks. TradersLab rules!

tasuki on my website under the MPCourses you will find at the bottom of the page MP101 MP102 a copy of Chapter 17 a chapter on MP that I wrote for John Carter's book Mastering the trade and another document entitled What is MP.

alleyb, that's a good start, but what's your website?

edit: p.s. a "google" of your handle brings up, um, "interesting" web pages, but trustfully not your website.

I reviewed 3 rooms:

Bill Durea's IOAMT

Balancetrader

JP

These are my personal observations:

Bill is a great trader, not MP but more Market Delta. He is quite discretionary and no real hard setups

Balancetrader: great guy, hard setups but did not have setups for all MP day types

JP: Probably best trader using specific hard setups of the three. He is the one I actually paid for a month. Knowledge transfer is good. If you have the discipline you can be profitable quicker here than in any of the other three. JP shares his trades live and makes money nearly every day. He is quite hyper when in a trade so don't be put off by the noise.

All three are very genuine traders. Of the three, Bill seems more like a business than the others - the other two are just traders.