Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s new "Futures Scalps"

Thank you very much Blu-Ray for the ELD codes. You are very fast to keep up with the Chimp and the Bear. The pictures are so "beautifull" that I like to look at them and forget about trading!!! :cinema:

Walterw,

This is another incredible and excellent thread from the Chimp. You have attracted quite a number of talented people working as a team in your threads. Thank you very much for an outstanding team: Walterw, PYenner, Blu-Ray, Sparrow, Unicorn, ....and also "the man with the money" Soultrader.:D

There are many "gurus" in this Forum. However, in my opinion you deserve another "oscar". :applaud:

Hi Walter,

Thank you, thank you......This just keeps getting better and better.

Why the yellow MA on the CCI? It seems to interfere with the simplicity of the entry/exit triggers for me.

I trade primarily the ES. Have you looked at this on anything other than YM?

Jim

Good question Jim ¡¡... I normally dont have a signal line on my cci for my trading... on this new indicator that Sparrow translated into NT we have this alternative, so far I am experimenting if I could use them for a very quick scalp exit... those type of exits where you dont want to wait until the cero cross...

I never mastered ES :doh: I find the range to small into my expectations... very used to more volatile futures, originally I was a Russell trader, then migrated to YM and very confortable with it.... It would be nice if you post ES charts with this aproach... love to interact that way... cheers Walter.

And here I atach the indis and template for NT...(so far)... cheers Walter.

I'm having a slight problem. I've loaded the Chimp futures scalps template in My Documents/Ninjatrader6/templates/chart. And all the indicators are in My Documents/Ninjatrader6/templates/Indicator. The template loads...I see the oscillator and price (I'm in simulation mode) but no indicators. No MAS3, VMABand, or VMARainbow. When I right click on the chart and click on indicators none of these VMA indicators are listed there. I guess I've put them in the wrong place...just not sure where that is suppose to be. Any suggestions? Thx...Armand

Hi Walter,

On the first chart where you say too far for centrifugal entry ....are you referring to the distance of price from the magenta line?

Jim

correct Jim ¡¡.... to old move... already did 3 waves up, should make a pause, not a competitive place to take a long... now if momentum shows its face that was a good entrance, BUT cycle is the norm, momentum the exception... cheers Walter.

I'm having a slight problem. I've loaded the Chimp futures scalps template in My Documents/Ninjatrader6/templates/chart. And all the indicators are in My Documents/Ninjatrader6/templates/Indicator. The template loads...I see the oscillator and price (I'm in simulation mode) but no indicators. No MAS3, VMABand, or VMARainbow. When I right click on the chart and click on indicators none of these VMA indicators are listed there. I guess I've put them in the wrong place...just not sure where that is suppose to be. Any suggestions? Thx...Armand

Armand,

1. Place the .xml (template) here: My Documents/Ninjatrader6/templates/chart

2. Open NT. Go to File>Utilities>Import NinjaScript

and import the 3 .zip files (MAS3, VMABand, VMARainbow). Don't unzip them.

Then when you load the template, all the settings Walter set will be there.

Cheers,

Bert

Thank you very much Blu-Ray for the ELD codes. You are very fast to keep up with the Chimp and the Bear. The pictures are so "beautifull" that I like to look at them and forget about trading!!! :cinema:

Walterw,

This is another incredible and excellent thread from the Chimp. You have attracted quite a number of talented people working as a team in your threads. Thank you very much for an outstanding team: Walterw, PYenner, Blu-Ray, Sparrow, Unicorn, ....and also "the man with the money" Soultrader.:D

There are many "gurus" in this Forum. However, in my opinion you deserve another "oscar". :applaud:

Thanks Michal ¡¡ I am very glad you like it... this is a very near thread to my live trading world...

Certainly it is a blessing to have such a team ¡¡ great talents, great people ¡¡ I wish for each of them Millons of dollars on a regular basis... cheers Walter.

Armand,

1. Place the .xml (template) here: My Documents/Ninjatrader6/templates/chart

2. Open NT. Go to File>Utilities>Import NinjaScript

and import the 3 .zip files (MAS3, VMABand, VMARainbow). Don't unzip them.

Then when you load the template, all the settings Walter set will be there.

Cheers,

Bert

Thank you, Bert. I'll give that a try.

Right here http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/walter-s-forex-vma-trend-scalps-2558-5.html on post 42 there is a nice video wich uses also vmar in combination with cci for scalping... just in case you didnt see it, its worth it, for refreshing some same concepts... I also do strongly recomend de video series on momentum discernment, wich helps a lot into discerning the right momentum condition into your trading...

The above charts can also be used for scalping forex as well... for example some charts of EUR/JPY 11T chart... nice cool trades... can you do 10 pips per day ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3905&stc=1&d=1194405644

attachment.php?attachmentid=3906&stc=1&d=1194405644

attachment.php?attachmentid=3907&stc=1&d=1194405644

I keep posting tomorrows ym scalps as well... can you do 10 ticks per day ?

cheers Walter.

5aa70e1c4e48d_eurjpyvmarandcci.thumb.png.95ba72632f1a7a5155d1723ced8125ff.png

5aa70e1c56659_eurjpy2.thumb.png.e76ebe01c0cbcd4b1c3ca39eafef1fce.png

5aa70e1c5e52f_eurjpy3.thumb.png.2fb7ea567eb9a1f3070cc211c4ebd1c8.png

Walterw,

Yes, echo that Michaltrade.

Its the opposite of what you expect to find on the internet and its great.

Walter

You ask for feedback about the way the systems repeat themselves while having variations in them too. Its great like that, consistency but still an open mind for variations.

The 5min/1min entry thing is about waiting for price and momentum to prove themselves so there is less guessing and hoping and it works for me.

Gains for me from entering later with momentum- consistent trades, less waiting, less drawdown while waiting, quick in and out = less stress.

My fx target is currently around 20 pips and mostly that is taking 4 scalps over 4 hrs but sometimes get more from just two trades. Mostly trading the earlier parts of a move and not caring for now what happens after exit, happy to wait for a re-entry setup for another quickie.

But the big wins for me are consistency and less drawdown. RnR plusses.

As I get the hit rate up I am also happier to stop out quick and wait a bit longer if it doesn't look to be developing as expected. Before I tended to tolerate more drawdown because I was entering too early.

Yes the Oscar goes to Walter, thank you for the inspiration and the perspiration.:applaud:

Yes, echo that Michaltrade.

Its the opposite of what you expect to find on the internet and its great.

Walter

You ask for feedback about the way the systems repeat themselves while having variations in them too. Its great like that, consistency but still an open mind for variations.

The 5min/1min entry thing is about waiting for price and momentum to prove themselves so there is less guessing and hoping and it works for me.

Gains for me from entering later with momentum- consistent trades, less waiting, less drawdown while waiting, quick in and out = less stress.

My fx target is currently around 20 pips and mostly that is taking 4 scalps over 4 hrs but sometimes get more from just two trades. Mostly trading the earlier parts of a move and not caring for now what happens after exit, happy to wait for a re-entry setup for another quickie.

But the big wins for me are consistency and less drawdown. RnR plusses.

As I get the hit rate up I am also happier to stop out quick and wait a bit longer if it doesn't look to be developing as expected. Before I tended to tolerate more drawdown because I was entering too early.

Yes the Oscar goes to Walter, thank you for the inspiration and the perspiration.:applaud:

Thanks Bruce for your feedback ¡¡ its much apreciated... sometimes I feel I may be confusing people here... on the other hand I feel showing at least the 50% of my research openly may help others and give me a chance to interact and grow as well...

Consistency on the core concepts its one of the things I will try never to loose... alternatives on the presentations are vast ¡¡

I am glad Bruce to hear about this performances on your trading ¡¡ feel free to post some charts if you wish...

I am so greatfull for your great programing contributions on vma ¡¡ without that we couldnt had evolved as we did... cheers Walter.

Another classic trade I do on futures is when the market shifts from a cycle into a prospect momentum condition... I call that a coil break that normally becomes an "Icon -Flip" type formation...

Looking today with the new second alternative graphic context and it shows quite clear this formations...

The coil gets formed with multiple crosses of the green to the magenta line, we mark horizontal lines on the extreme of this cycle, creating the coil :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3921&stc=1&d=1194450773

When that coil gets breaked with strenght, wich means not just a little break, but a strong nice break we may consider the cycle condition is in jeopardy, calling for a prospect momentum condition...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3922&stc=1&d=1194450773

after that you have our classic Icon and Flip formations... with a pullback that doesnt go any higher (inside the coil) than 1 third the inner range of the coil.. the ideal its outside the coil...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3923&stc=1&d=1194450773

so here some real live examples from today :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3924&stc=1&d=1194451211

attachment.php?attachmentid=3925&stc=1&d=1194451211

Thats a nice way to trade icons right on the non-momentum to momentum condition shift... take it easy... cheers Walter.

5aa70e1ce2555_coilformation.thumb.png.9ae86dc4431b905c5f34758df0b01d88.png

5aa70e1ce8d23_coilbreakgr.thumb.png.d29e0b699433ad9a812080f8d332aaee.png

5aa70e1ceff4e_iconflipformation.thumb.png.e996f7ceec4c17c305c8e50142b4e4a6.png

5aa70e1d0698b_coilbreak.thumb.png.4ff4e32e4bd753c55fb124effe03d690.png

5aa70e1d0db71_coilbreak2.thumb.png.aae82c4829e75a54e68d0982ca54d92a.png

Hi Walter,

This set up deserves a real round of applause:applaud:. Within 10 minutes of your posting this morning, I had a usable 800 volume ES chart set up. This is what I am used to trading from, using only a rainbow set up (linuxtroll) and fractals. This is way too fast to see the CCI in time, but I did hit my daily goal (5 ES ticks per contract) within 5 minutes. Gracias!

For any interested in trading ES, I am looking at a 5000 volume chart and have changed the CCI from 5 to 6. This seems pretty close to the 22 tick YM chart. If someone can tell me how to attach charts, I would be glad to post a screen shot of ES.

One thing I did find out about trading YM (first time ever, this morning on a practice account)...You can't leave your stops for ES and trade YM:crap:. down 5, up 6, up another 6, I'm goin fishin.

Jim

Hi Walter,

I have been playing with ES and find that a 44 tick chart is about as close to the 22 YM as possible. At least with todays volume. I normally like to use volume charts, but I cannot find anything that looks even close to the 22 YM. All your other settings are the same.

I know that a lot of traders think that it does not move enough to scalp, but consider the following:

It's 200 day ATR is 19.09 times $50 per point gives $954 avg per day

Ym has a 200 day ATR of 154.91 at $5 gives $755 avg per day

It is not all that difficult to scalp 2 ticks and with a $5 round trip you are still $20 ahead.

Jim

5aa70e1d39f55_ES12-0711_7_2007(44Tick).jpg.596416b1d783412c22820ae6e4efacb9.jpg

Great videos Walter...very helpful. Thanks...Armand

Glad you like it Armand... those actually where live jejej... I will keep posting on this ones... they are very easy to trade...

Hi Walter,

I have been playing with ES and find that a 44 tick chart is about as close to the 22 YM as possible. At least with todays volume. I normally like to use volume charts, but I cannot find anything that looks even close to the 22 YM. All your other settings are the same.

I know that a lot of traders think that it does not move enough to scalp, but consider the following:

It's 200 day ATR is 19.09 times $50 per point gives $954 avg per day

Ym has a 200 day ATR of 154.91 at $5 gives $755 avg per day

It is not all that difficult to scalp 2 ticks and with a $5 round trip you are still $20 ahead.

Jim

Nice chart Jim... I like how ES is doing lately, very nice performance, can you keep us posted on this ?.. very good stuff...

cheers Walter.

I attach a video about coil breaks followed by icon-flip formations... cheers Walter.

Hello Walter;

Very nice video, as always. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I found the 22 tick chart too fast.

What are your research results regarding trades on the 55 Tick chart, or even the 89 Tick chart?

Can we draw parallel tactics, as with the forex vmar trade methodology?

cheers.

Unicorn.

5aa70e1d4eca7_Dow07-11-2007.thumb.png.6945054446e71be661b219c46e6aef92.png

Hello Walter;

Very nice video, as always. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I found the 22 tick chart too fast.

What are your research results regarding trades on the 55 Tick chart, or even the 89 Tick chart?

Can we draw parallel tactics, as with the forex vmar trade methodology?

cheers.

Unicorn.

Hi Unicorn... 55t can work ok as well... 89 may be a little to long already for my taste, but thats me... some other people like to trade more larger timeframes...

The tactics are basicly the same... centrifugal and centripetal setups, the centrifugal are iconic type of setups and the centripetal are M`s type of setups... just that...

you can see the "setuping" on the price pane with one of the many rainbows alternatives of most confort and the "timing" can be done with hulls, vma`s or oscillators...

Thats a very concise resume of the chimps general aproach...

on the next posts I will be dealing with a nice larger trailing exit that the rainbows suggest, giving a non-scalper alternative to shoot for more profits on a`trade... I am baking some bread right now.... post soon... cheers Walter.

So about this larger exits, it is an alternative for those who wish to trade with this tools but on a not so scalped way...

I personally like to scalp in and scalp out, but this is an alternative I thought we should have in mind for the other type of traders...

In this case I will be referring to a centrifugal trade, after crossing the magenta line, and an Icon formation, the trader opens a position... from there on he establishes the magenta line as his only exit, be it a stop or be it profitable... this combo may ofer a very good RRR as he will be inside of very nice large moves... on a very cycle day he will have to asume several stops when the scalper actually took profits...

some examples :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3940&stc=1&d=1194484297

attachment.php?attachmentid=3941&stc=1&d=1194484297

attachment.php?attachmentid=3942&stc=1&d=1194484297

I would personally never trade that way, as its not my style of trading, but thought the idea could come handy for those who like to stay more time in on a trade...

cheers Walter.

5aa70e1d55d3f_magentaexit1.thumb.jpg.c6d624c5f0457446af62531a16c23507.jpg

5aa70e1d5ca15_magentaexit2.thumb.jpg.35a46179f73fa9feb5e9eec7a1a028b9.jpg

5aa70e1d63d7a_magentaexit3.thumb.jpg.38d134cb9d5e40856dbf50105e54c8ae.jpg

Hello dear fellow traders... today US session started with a wonderfull cycle action... forming a very nice coil, then breaked coil and had an iconic formation for a very nice trade...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3950&stc=1&d=1194537252

certainly a very nice way to start the day... notice the posible larger exit with the green crossing the black line... cheers Walter.

5aa70e1d8b9f9_coilbreak1.thumb.png.bd24ca56a8de0260232e9529844a00cd.png