Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Real Esate in the US is over

Want to invest in real estate? We all know that real estate in the US is not a good time to be investing in. Why not consider Japan?

In Tokyo, we our experiencing our first year in over a decade of rising real estate value. Compared to the bubble era of around 1989 to 1992, land prices have gone down approx 50%.

I was raised in the bubble era and saw the smiles turn into tears and frowns. Many people lost everything they had during that time. Right now is the best opportunity to invest in land in Tokyo.

Any thoughts?

Costa Rica is a good place to invest in at the moment. DO NOT invest in South Florida at the moment. Things are higher than ever. You need to wait for that falling point that starts to happen when people sell their homes well under market value. its gonna be a while before that happens around here.( I live in miami,FL)

I will have to look into real estate in Japan. I do know they are coming out of some bad times over there. Which is usually the best time to invest.

Do you know of any ETF's or ADR's that deal with Japanese real estate?

I am actually not too familiar with what is available in Japan. I will ask some of my friends who work in investment firms that deal with real estate. I am aware that you can trade ADR's and ETF's that deal with Japanese stocks in the US.

For example the MSCI iShares Japan, S&P ADR Index, and the iShares S&P/TOPIX 150 index can be traded in the US. The indexes represent stocks primarily traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

Costa Rica is a good place to invest in at the moment. DO NOT invest in South Florida at the moment. Things are higher than ever. You need to wait for that falling point that starts to happen when people sell their homes well under market value. its gonna be a while before that happens around here.( I live in miami,FL)

How long is that going to take? We need to wait a whole new cycle.... I'de say 4 years minimum.

I have to agree with you about not investing in Florida, I would say anywhere in Florida honestly, The market is so oversaturated, where I live right now, on every street there is at least 2 houses for sale and some have been for sale for more then a year. The way the ecomony is going, I am surprised anyone is buying houses in Florida,

I do not agree with the people who said investing in real estate in the US is bad though, there are some areas that is the best time to invest actually, places that are still low in price and being developed. These are the places to look for.

Many of my friends in real estate in Japan keep on mentioning Macao is the next place to invest. The government is also promoting small business startups by any foreign citizen and the laws are very flexible for entrepreneurs.

I have also heard about Real Estate prospects in Japan. I think at this point it is the developing nations where there is a big opportunity in Real Estate business. In several south asian countries also there are so many developmental activities going on. I think that can be considered also.