Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s "Forex Trades"

Walter;

I am not using MT4.

I had a look at it in the past, but did not like the "programming Language".

However, I do read indicators in mq4.

This version should not repaint. It was coded by feb2000 (MartinG) for this specific purpose.

Thanks for the clarification Unicorn...

For the sake of simplicity and in order to use all my time resources on the research of "optimized contexts for centrifugal and centripetal setups" I will not be using other oscillator than chimp oscillator and ccit3 as I had found them on the level of "enough optimum performance" for their asigned tasks...

I apreciate a lot all this inputs, only I dont want to get off track.... cheers Walter.

Thank you very much Blu-Ray for the ELD codes. I am very excited to test them right now.

Thanks a million (this is FOREX) for the oustanding team efforts from Walterw, Pyenner, and Blu-Ray. :beer:

Thanks Michaltrade for your kind comments.

With the volume issue being a problem for TS forex, I've coded up the CCi with T3 Smoothing as per fxsniper from MT4.

If you put the inputs at 10,3 then it acts close to the chimp2_1, ( the main word being close, as we're not going to get exact ).

So all I can ask you and any other TS users, is to play about with the settings and see if you find some optimum settings that might give good signals.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

CCIT3_SMOOTHED.ELD

Thanks for the clarification Unicorn...

For the sake of simplicity and in order to use all my time resources on the research of "optimized contexts for centrifugal and centripetal setups" I will not be using other oscillator than chimp oscillator and ccit3 as I had found them on the level of "enough optimum performance" for their asigned tasks...

I apreciate a lot all this inputs, only I dont want to get off track.... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter.

I am agree whit you. Sorry for the delay, but at least we have inside the thread other good indicator, the CCIT3.

Thanks. :)

cattus

Hi Walter.

I am agree whit you. Sorry for the delay, but at least we have inside the thread other good indicator, the CCIT3.

Thanks. :)

cattus

yes Agustin ¡¡ it doesnt get any better than that... on the vmar trend scalps thread you can now see how I am interacting with Unicorn arround this ccit3 oscillators for timing, even on the 5 min as well...

I believe we got a great edge as Vma`s do give thru vmars or our nice three lines a great context for great centrifugal and centripetal crystal clear setups... then timing we will evolve to the most optimized version.. be it with ccit3`s or vma`s ..we will see... thanks for interacting Agustin, I am picking up momentum on my research thanks to all the inputs you all guys are giving here... cheers The Chimp.

Hi Walter.

I have a simple questions (translations) that are important to me. I will appreciate your help on them...

What does setup means?: Patrón? Configuración?

Setuping?:

Timing?: Oportunidad? Sincronización?

Agustín

Hi Walter.

I have a simple questions (translations) that are important to me. I will appreciate your help on them...

What does setup means?: Patrón? Configuración?

Setuping?:

Timing?: Oportunidad? Sincronización?

Agustín

Setup : "Montaje"

Timing: "Tiempos de Ingreso"

that would be the most aproximate that comes to my mind now... cheers Walter.

This videos try to give a little feeling of some live action...

this is the chimp trade with the three lines on the 5 min chart and timing on 1 min with vma`s duo, also testing cci`s on 5 min for timing...

unfortunately the last part of the second video had some problems with video soft so will look kind of weird, but still its understandable...

I will post also here the template I used on 1 min for eur/jpy... this is a more optimized tight one...

hope this brings more light into this alternative... cheers Walter.

Chimp Trades 1.swf

Chimp Trades 2.swf

Chimp Trades 1 min eur-jpy tight.tpl

This videos try to give a little feeling of some live action...

this is the chimp trade with the three lines on the 5 min chart and timing on 1 min with vma`s duo, also testing cci`s on 5 min for timing...

unfortunately the last part of the second video had some problems with video soft so will look kind of weird, but still its understandable...

I will post also here the template I used on 1 min for eur/jpy... this is a more optimized tight one...

hope this brings more light into this alternative... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter.

Thank you very much for your videos. The second video has some visual problems at the end of him, but I guess we can infer the movements you are talking about.

I appreciate so much your explanation about the position of the stop loses, it has been very helpful to understand this dimension of the scalping method.

About the different templates you uses, I guess that could be good for us if you show us the inputs of the vma's. May be if you take a little time to open the inputs onto the videos, it will be enough for us.

Note: I use the charts of 1 hour just to see the context. All my questions about climb (scaling) the trades were thinking on trading the five minuts cahrts, mmmh, for example, the entry could be onto the 1 min chart, but the take profit could be at the end of the Chimp (cross), or at fixed profit taking a support/resitance of 5 min chart. Remember, I'm only thinking about it posibility.

Regards.

Agustín :thumbs up:

Hi Walter,

Thanks for all this cool stuff,

I gladly want to thank you all for the time and effort.

I appreciate your explanation on the video but I took a couple note's

1 entry @ 165.63 or 62 cross line (1min) no cross off the oscillator (5min)

2 cross off the oscillator @165.66 (5min)

3 top @ 165.74

4 flat line @ 165.70 (I think to take profit)

5 exit cross line @ 165.67 (1min)

now the profit 165.67 - 165.63 = 4pips profit but - spread and spread = 3 to 5 pips depending on broker

so the profit is 1pip or -1pip and I think that not many brokers allow this

so is the 1min time frame well enough for this trades :\

sorry for my bad letter in English

Greeds

NiCForce

Hi Walter.

Thank you very much for your videos. The second video has some visual problems at the end of him, but I guess we can infer the movements you are talking about.

I appreciate so much your explanation about the position of the stop loses, it has been very helpful to understand this dimension of the scalping method.

About the different templates you uses, I guess that could be good for us if you show us the inputs of the vma's. May be if you take a little time to open the inputs onto the videos, it will be enough for us.

Note: I use the charts of 1 hour just to see the context. All my questions about climb (scaling) the trades were thinking on trading the five minuts cahrts, mmmh, for example, the entry could be onto the 1 min chart, but the take profit could be at the end of the Chimp (cross), or at fixed profit taking a support/resitance of 5 min chart. Remember, I'm only thinking about it posibility.

Regards.

Agustín :thumbs up:

Hi Agustin... I believe that at this stage of the vma research we have presented the overall concepts and we develepod various types of ways to see basicly the same thing... what thing ? : centrifugal and centripetal action... we presented how vma`s on diferent type of presentations can be used for timing as well... and also presented how oscillators can be used for timing as well...

Ironically this could give a sensation of making things complicated... well they actually are... we are inside the BMW factory with all the engines disarmed in 1000 pieces... BUT this is going to evolve finally to a very simplified and optimized product as we can clearly see that the central column of the aproach is very simple and that the vma edge has already shown its clear existance... so we are having various presentations of a same aproach...

your time frame "climb" actually happens depending on the strategy and also on how you use the indicators on the smaller time frames.. we will discuss this ahead...

About the tools, lets say we are still testing various inputs YET...

we keep interacting... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter,

Thanks for all this cool stuff,

I gladly want to thank you all for the time and effort.

I appreciate your explanation on the video but I took a couple note's

1 entry @ 165.63 or 62 cross line (1min) no cross off the oscillator (5min)

2 cross off the oscillator @165.66 (5min)

3 top @ 165.74

4 flat line @ 165.70 (I think to take profit)

5 exit cross line @ 165.67 (1min)

now the profit 165.67 - 165.63 = 4pips profit but - spread and spread = 3 to 5 pips depending on broker

so the profit is 1pip or -1pip and I think that not many brokers allow this

so is the 1min time frame well enough for this trades :\

sorry for my bad letter in English

Greeds

NiCForce

Hi Nicforce, welcome aboard ¡¡ glad you like what you see ¡¡

Excellent questions ¡¡ here you can see how we are on a "good crisis" of multiple alternatives... that happens because I am doing an "open research" wich means I am not taking into my threads I final product YET... but I am bringing an idea and I am developing it together with a great interactive and generous comunity of traders and programers...

so let me try to answer this good questions :

questions 1 and 2 you have two timing alternatives... alt 1 : with the vmas (crossover type) on the smaller time frame... alt 2: with the oscillator on the large time frame... each one has diferent pros and cons... I personally would be inclined to the first alternative as it really takes the very best from vma`s...

question 4 Yes¡¡ I agree... take profit.. thats what I call inteligent exit... each one of this waves have an average length you can see that it has a nice normal lenght to take profits there... the HE of the yellow line told us it was over... good observation NIc ¡¡

question 5 and the rest : yeap to small profit on that exit... not competitive, thats why I prefer to do more trades with inteligent exits than wait for super moves that finally dont happen...

NicForce, thanks for interacting... keep them coming ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Walter, it's very good of you to research forex trading strategies using your experience, skills, knowledge and efforts, all for our benefit. Thank you, and I must say I am very impressed. Thanks also to James for making this facility available to us.

You mentioned that you would only go live in 2008. Are you still on schedule, or do you think you have tested the Chimp's Forex Trades enough on demo?

I will continue to study your threads. You have posted so much stuff it will take me some time. But I am excited by what I have read so far, and want to make contact, and start asking questions. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Walter, it's very good of you to research forex trading strategies using your experience, skills, knowledge and efforts, all for our benefit. Thank you, and I must say I am very impressed. Thanks also to James for making this facility available to us.

You mentioned that you would only go live in 2008. Are you still on schedule, or do you think you have tested the Chimp's Forex Trades enough on demo?

I will continue to study your threads. You have posted so much stuff it will take me some time. But I am excited by what I have read so far, and want to make contact, and start asking questions. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Welcome aboard Hawkeye ¡¡ glad you like it... feel free to interact...

So far on intensive research, I am very near to find my confort zone in forex... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter,

Since you've expressed an interest in trades on higher tfs, I thought I'd post these trades to start the week.

Hi PYenner,

If you have any ideas regarding "ladder exhaustion" that don't involve programming, I'd love to hear them. So far I am looking at distance moved (weak) and camarilla lines (maybe) and price crossing the vmas twice.

Have nice week, all.

Regards

eurjpy1.thumb.gif.a8ef48349f21c256da3e41bce48d10f6.gif

If you have any ideas regarding "ladder exhaustion" that don't involve programming, I'd love to hear them. So far I am looking at distance moved (weak) and camarilla lines (maybe) and price crossing the vmas twice.

Still searching, nothing is clean enough, as you say- weak and maybe, needs too much thinking and leaves too much uncertainty. Hoping volume may help if it is used in a less clumsy way, some interesting thoughts but vague still.

With Chimp3_1 it can help a bit to add level lines somewhere between + 0.3 to +0.5 and -0.3 to -0.5 to help distinquish the more important peaks from the less important peaks, longer period charts may need different marker levels than the shorter period charts.

Hi Walter,

Since you've expressed an interest in trades on higher tfs, I thought I'd post these trades to start the week.

Hi PYenner,

Have nice week, all.

Regards

NIce chart Sundowner... are you following this ? how is it going ? cheers Walter.

Hi Walter,

Yes, the charts I posted are the charts I have been working with for while, with some variations, stopping now and then to try some of the new stuff you posted when you were still working with mt4. Trading can be really bouncy with this, and yes overall, it's working well so far this week...good run up on eur/jpy and no significant chop on either chart.

I am experiencing some difficulty with exits and knowing when ladder exhaustion is about to occur. .. still feels like guessing while live trading so I'm experimenting with some of the things I mentioned in my earlier post hoping to increase my comfort level.

Cheers

eurjpy2.thumb.gif.f917dfad949016f8e50f90eaa47e11c1.gif

Trading can be really bouncy with this, and yes overall, it's working well so far this week...good run up on eur/jpy and no significant chop on either chart.

I am experiencing some difficulty with exits and knowing when ladder exhaustion is about to occur. .. still feels like guessing while live trading so I'm experimenting with some of the things I mentioned in my earlier post hoping to increase my comfort level.

Sundowner

Forex has weeks and even months when it is high risk and high uncertainty.

Like it better when there is a steady trend to work with.

It will never be certain but familiarity with the bahaviour of the market helps.

The difficult area on your chart is a classic tough patch. There are repeated false breaks after the difficult patch before the up trend shows itself.

I don't know if I should say this but since you are trading majors perhaps you should know. The difficult patch on your chart is an area where the banks change the currencies they are using to move market prices. In the case of EURJPY, it shows the sum of EUR funded trade in GBPJPY and JPY funded trade in EURUSD ie EUR accounts open and close trades in JPY, the second currency in the GBPJPY pair, this is an undermining trade that suggests both EURJPY and GBPJPY will initially rise but untimately fall so that a profit can be taken from the JPY positions held. One complication is that EURJPY also shows JPY funded accounts taking trades in first currency EUR in EURUSD.

There they might be seen as bull or bear because while EUR is strong, JPY is a weak currency, so yes it gets really confusing.

When I see areas like your difficult patch on the chart I take it as a warning sign of a possible trend change, but as you see from the alternating breaks afterwards, even "knowing" which way the trend will emerge can still make for risky trading. So with those patches I take them to mean that the past trend is probably over, but that either trend might eventually emerge. Mostly it means that the banks have shuffled up a new mix, a new deck of cards and they sometimes reshuffle the pack a few more times before a real trend emerges. Those patches give me discomfort because they often mean hours of mischief movements, I would rather be trading after the mischief has finally ended and a real trend has emerged, but as you see the timescale is not a friendly one and I wonder if I should switch to trading futures or whatever for the rest of a session, after I see those patches in forex.

Predominantly the banks hold positions only in GPBJPY and EURUSD and primarily use the 5 major currencies. Aside from those two pairs, the other 8 pairs including EURJPY get little direct trading from the banks that generate the patterns that attract traders. Instead they show what curriencies are being used for generating trading patterns.

I am sorry to introduce a host of new complications that make for a much bigger learning curve, but that is a reality of the forex interbank market.

If you don't like guessing, then following currencies may help give more facts to look at but still it remains a difficult and devious market.

VMA works, volume should have things to offer, so to should currencies.

The one plus that forex has is the 5 major currencies work with and against each other in 10 pairs, it gives the possibility of a degree of analysis that is not possible in other markets. The banks, if you like, are playing with their cards facing up, yet still they win more than they lose. It helps if you are aware that their cards can see seen, they are on display. Just wish it was a lot easier it make sense of.

The good thing about vma is they work in realtime prices, reality, that makes them an asset to any trading system.

Regards

Bruce

Sundowner

I don't know if this one will help or hinder.

It comes from Russia and it has been done in a rather basic way.

It can only be used in the majors as it depends on the number of pairs that are available, AUD usually has only one or two pairs available which is not enough for this indicator. EURJPY might be okay for it.

Have not evaluated it.

pairs.thumb.PNG.ad198c505249bcc0fbce9e104b47edd7.PNG

Sundowner

I don't know if this one will help or hinder.

It comes from Russia and it has been done in a rather basic way.

It can only be used in the majors as it depends on the number of pairs that are available, AUD usually has only one or two pairs available which is not enough for this indicator. EURJPY might be okay for it.

Have not evaluated it.

Do you look for divergences there Bruce ? cheers Walter.

Hi Guys,

Great discussion on simple setup for the short time frame. I would like to follow along more closely but I am having a ridiculous problem, when I download the video files they are coming in as png files rather than swf files. I wonder if anyone has zipped all the files into a simple package so I can put on my hard drive and follow along.

Thanks,

Meza

Do you look for divergences there Bruce ? cheers Walter.

Walter

It is a trend forecasting tool that may be easier to use on longer time frames.

Well, it doesn't so much forecast as analyse currency flow into and out of the market but the equations it is using are too basic, the thinking lacks focus.

It should work a bit like "smart money", should rise before an up trend, give some warning of exhaustion or weakening, fall before a down trend.

Have not figured out how meaningful the zero crossing is, particularly on shorter time frames you may need to "smooth out the signal in your head" to pick which way the trend is going to go.

It may be helpful during longer HEs to give an early signal of which way the new trend will emerge.

Reluctant to study interpretation of that indicator because its the equations inside it that really need study and improvement. Get it working better first.

Bruce

I am having a ridiculous problem, when I download the video files they are coming in as png files rather than swf files.

Hi Meza

This may be a silly reply but what the heck....

On my XP swf files are played in the browser, internet explorer.

So they will either play from the website or play a DL'd version.

But it needs flash player from Adobe Systems enabled as a browser add-on.

A download utility might change the filename extension from swf to png but it shouldn't be converting the file format so maybe change png back to swf and see if a DL'd version plays back ok.

Sorry if thats a silly answer but its the only one I have got.

Bruce

Walter and Sundowner

Had a look at the code inside Complex_balance.mq4 and it is using a different approach from the rest of the family of indicators it came from.

It doesn't do currency analysis at all. It looks like it displays the difference between a slow ema line and a fast ema line (of the price).

So it may be some use for signaling exhaustion but it is no use for following "smart money" and it may be no use for predicting the direction a trend will emerge in. So learning what if anything it tells you will take time.

It looks like it can be used on AUDUSD after all since it doesnt need to call for prices from other pairs.

So, not what I had expected sorry, the websites are Russian so I don't know what the heck they are talking about.

It may be a waste of time compared to what vma already tells you.

I have been trying to find a simple version of a currency analyser but so far they are cumbersome.

This one is not a currency analyser, it may be more like a divergence indicator.

Bruce