Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s "Forex Trades"

Hi Agustín

Gee, that is a nice setup and Fisher looks to be doing a good job.

H.E. means Horizontal Effect, its about the way vma lines go horizontal.

This thread is one of a number of threads that Walter has started recently, all dealing with vma lines and growing towards becoming a good trading system, so there may be other threads that you can read more about vma.

Looks like a nice analysis to me Agustin.

Happy trading

Bruce

Hi Agustín

Gee, that is a nice setup and Fisher looks to be doing a good job.

H.E. means Horizontal Effect, its about the way vma lines go horizontal.

This thread is one of a number of threads that Walter has started recently, all dealing with vma lines and growing towards becoming a good trading system, so there may be other threads that you can read more about vma.

Looks like a nice analysis to me Agustin.

Happy trading

Bruce

Hi PYenner. Thanks for your comments, they are important to me.

Well, I understand now HE, jejeje, I have to read more, more and more...

I attach the same chart of EURJPY, but I put some comments in aqua color. I would like to indicate that Fisher Yur4ik doesn't support a continuation we have waited for. (I must indicate that Fisher sign the inflexions onto the zero line, not on the curves).

I attach the Fisher Yur4ik indicator in order to look for an optimization of this indicator on two ways:

- I will appreciate if some of you use this indicator to test it. May be it can serve us to reach better decisions.

- I am not a coder, then, if some of you can participate to test this indicator I must say that the signals that I added like point colors (lime and magenta) could have lags. If you want, we will need somebody like you PYenner to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot guys.

Agustín

cattus :thumbs up:

"Non single of bread the man lives. Once in a while, also he needs a drink" Woody Allen

5aa70e169213d_EURJPY5m25Oct07-3.thumb.png.c4108d0796460d62d065c184091691b7.png

Fisher_Yur4ik_3.mq4

Hi Walter,

Boy did I get hammered last night (PDT). I learned two things:

Man am I dumb...and man, I can't believe how dumb I am. :crap: It looks easy on the videos, but it's not so easy real time.

Practice, yes? I found I was getting out of trades late.

Here is what I am going to work with next week. It's PYenner's ADXVMA4bar...sorry, the red line. Otherwise your 1min and 5 min template.

I'll post these charts since you are encouraging charts on this thread.

Regards

It will take some time Sun... some practice is the key... you are doing ok so far, posting charts here is also a good thing as we can interact on what was done good or not so good... cheers Walter.

Second pix with second copy of 6_16 running in red on 1hr chart, set to 16 bars.

Nice overall trend... but would not be of much use for scalping...

It would really be a diferent type of timeframe strategy wich it can perfectly be done... cheers Walter.

Hi PYenner and Walter.

Sorry guys,

One last post..then sleep.

I took your advice PYenner and really like the idea. The axis you suggested for the 1 minute I tried on the 5 minute... like to see what Walter thinks cause I think I still see his setups even though the axis is much tighter. The magenta line is your vma_6 12bar set at 10 PYenner.

What do you think Walter?

Regards

too tight axis for my taste, will give to many false setups at the end... my two cents.

Hello Walterw, just finished to read through this thread and I really like it. I really see that you forex research is taking a great shape. These new definitions with the combination of fewer lines make it even clearer.

Your videos are great as usual. I do also like EUR/JPY for sclaping as it is a great mover.

PYenner, thank for all your help in coding these indicators.

I really see lot of potential with this new refinement of the method.

Sincerely

Shreem:)

Yes Shreem, it is a nice refinement... the same old concepts in a more simplified context...

we simply look for centrifugal and centripetal setups... thats it... very simple stupid thing that the market its permanently doing... during this week as I post examples it will get even more clear... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter.

Well. Your comments make me think strong about the lifestyle. I guess I will follow the combination 5m with 1m...

I would like to take advantage of this post and attach a pic with some comments of the chart of 5 min that you used with the video "Lazy Centripetal Trade on EUR-JPY.swf". I add other indicator called Fisher with modifications of a guy called Yur4ik. I am not a coder, but I usually make modifications to the indicators in order to obtain Deltas or Signals. I modified the Fisher Yur4ik v2 indicator in order to obtain from it a delta signal, specially when the delta is above or below of zero line. You can see its signal like a circle of lime or magenta colors.

The intention of add this indicator is because I would like to obtain comments from you or Pyenner (or any member). May be some of you had worked with this indicator and you have value comments about it. I see that Fisher Yur4ik sometimes shows in advance the next movements (more than other indicators, including Chimp indicator). I want to use it like a confirmation of the inflexions together with the Chimp indicator, but I wish more information about it, if some of you know it.

I will appreciate your comments about Fisher Yur4ik indicator and my notes on the picture I attached here.

Thanks guys.

Agustín

"I do not know the key of the success, but I know that the key of the failure is to try to make happy to everybody" Woody Allen

Cattus I see a great improvement on your centrifugal and centripetal pattern recognition... nice chart with comentaries of the setups...

About the fisher oscillator on 5 min I like how he plots this signals (lime /magenat dots) on 5 min ,

it could be used for timing purposes only if it doesnt repaint... other wise it would not be reliable... I will test him this week... thought so far our timing is done on the 1 min chart for "very specific entries".... so I will also test him on a 1 min chart with input 50 ahahaha¡¡¡ :cool:

please keep this interaction ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Walter may be enjoying some "lifestyle" so I will say something,

Hey Bruce I had a rocking Saturday ¡¡¡ pure enjoyment ¡¡ so I am on my total energies for this trading week.. My Lord ¡¡¡ cheers The Happy Chimp.

Duplicating green lines from 5min and 1hr charts in a 1 min chart.

The Dark Blue line in the 1min chart has ADX_Bars=200 and it is very similar to a green line with ADX_Bars= 4 on a 1hr chart, now 200/60=3.3 but 4 or 3 are the nearest whole numbers.

In Walters template for 5min chart the green line has ADX_Bars= 4.

If a line is added to the 1min chart with ADX_Bars= 20, it will duplicate the green line from the 5min chart, 20/5=4 the green line setting.

So for 15min or 30 min charts, a similar process might be followed for duplicating green lines from those charts inside a 1min chart...

So where I suggested in a previous post to try a line with ADX_Bars= 24 in a 1min chart, a more sensible number would have been 20 since it replicates the 5min green line nicely.

We all know that eventually we could have all our "setuping" and "timing" lines just in a one minute chart... Now as I wanted to explain where do all this centrifugal and centripetal setups came from, and what are the intrinsic concepts behind them, it was much more didactic to show them on a 5 min chart...

you can perfectly translate the spirit of a 1 hour trend and the medium trend of a 5 min chart all into a 1 min chart alone... but we can start doing that when we all feel we really grasped the base concepts...

for example ( I dont want to get anybody confused here, just an example)...

look at this 1 min chart how we can translate lines from a 5 min chart all together...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3627&stc=1&d=1193588211

so eventually it could be done... cheers Walter.

5aa70e16a0ab0_1minchart.thumb.gif.318b76018aae6e4ac05fb634ace9099f.gif

I'm not sure if I am answering the right question here.

If I have answered the wrong question then please try asking again.

Bruce

Hello Bruce;

I was referring to this:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| Chimp2_1.mq4 |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//Revision history;

//Chimp2_1 is a hybrid between earlier Chimp1_n and Chimp2_2 which uses Price/Volume instead of price.

//

for(i=i; i>=0; i--) //Main loop begins after history bars filled.

{

PDM=0;

MDM=0;

if(Close>Close[i+1])PDM=Close-Close[i+1];

else MDM=Close[i+1]-Close;

PDM*=PDM;

PDM/=Volume;:confused:

MDM*=MDM;

MDM/=Volume; :confused:

PDM=((WeightDM-1)*PDM[i+1] + PDM)/WeightDM;//ema.

MDM=((WeightDM-1)*MDM[i+1] + MDM)/WeightDM;//ema.

best regards.

Unicorn.

Hi Unicorn

You had to ask the complicated question...

At the time the chimp oscillator project came up I had been working on an "efficiency" oscillator which shows how efficiently money is being used in the market if it is intended to produce price movement that is big enough to be traded. Another way of saying that is that it shows "smart money" spikes at the start of a ladder and it can also do the opposite during stages of an HE when you get a series of candles 3-5 pips long, but the price doesn't go anywhere useful, that produces a zero reading. At least that was the intention.

Now I have not got any further with the efficiency oscillator.

I made a version of the Chimp with the volume term included, my intention was to run a volume Chimp next to a regular Chimp and confirm that it was doing the expected job of accentuating the start of a ladder and helping towards giving a zero reading during HE. But you will only see the zero reading effect well if you use very little smoothing so that it shows something closer to momentum with less price mixed in.

Aside from one effort to confirm that it was having something like the intended effect I have not had time to develop it further or study it further.

It is currently on the back burner and likely to stay there for some time.

I seriously don't want to get into opinions on smart money, it is not what Walters thread is about.

Use of the volume term may be another reason why Chimp swings a bit differently and accentuates small HEs better, but again it really needs its own thread if and when it develops further because there are different ways of dealing with it.

You are probably concerned that dividing momentum by volume looks like a drastic thing to do that will alter everything but it has a modest effect within the ADX. There are two stages where a division is used, diff/sum. These progressively normalize the signal to a zero to one range, but in the process they largely remove the intrusion from the volume term. It is not as drastic as it looks and it relies on the normalization to keep it from being drastic.

Also in forex alone, volume has the same units as price, effectively pips.

So where you see price or momentum divided by volume, it is similar to pips/pips and is to some extent like dividing one version of the price by another version of the price. There is plenty to be said but the time is not right and this is not the place but that may sound evasive, so I have tried to give some sort of an answer but it is nowhere near a full answer, needs more time...

Cheers Bruce.

About the Fisher Oscillator I did some testings so far and the lime / magenta dots have re-painting issues, making them non reliable... as to the oscillator himself, he doesnt have any re-painting issues and I must confess he is a nice decent oscillator... will keep testing him... I understand he is based on Ehlers work about the fisher transform algorithm... thanks Agustin for this inputs... cheers Walter.

About the Fisher Oscillator I did some testings so far and the lime / magenta dots have re-painting issues, making them non reliable... as to the oscillator himself, he doesnt have any re-painting issues and I must confess he is a nice decent oscillator... will keep testing him... I understand he is based on Ehlers work about the fisher transform algorithm... thanks Agustin for this inputs... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter.

Thanks to take this oscillator to test it.

I added the signals Lime/Magenta. I am not a coder, that was the reason by that I asked for some coder here to review the program in order to try to solve that kind of problem. May be PYenner or Blu-Ray can help us with this problem.

My original intention is to try to use it indicator do not for timing, I want to use just to confirme the inflections. I have observed that sometimes the Chimp indicator can show us an inflection but Fisher doesn't show us the same inflection.

Other advantage for which I want to use this indicator is that sometimes Fisher shows the inflection before it occurs, then, we could prepare in order to confirm with the Chimp and the cross of NonLag over the ADXVMA (Lime line).

The issue of timing for me is as you said it. But obviously, it can evolve...

Fisher comes from Ehlers works, as you mentioned.

Thanks.

cattus

Other advantage for which I want to use this indicator is that sometimes Fisher shows the inflection before it occurs,

It plots historically that way, but on real time he is no better than ccit3 wich I find good if you wanted to time on 5 minutes...

So far for cycle detection chimp is ok, if you wanted to time the inflections on 5 min ccit3 its about one of the best oscillator for that...

I post later on that issue... cheers Walter.

It plots historically that way, but on real time he is no better than ccit3 wich I find good if you wanted to time on 5 minutes...

So far for cycle detection chimp is ok, if you wanted to time the inflections on 5 min ccit3 its about one of the best oscillator for that...

I post later on that issue... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter.

I downloaded the CCIT3 in order to test it, it seems very good.

The main problem that I see in Fisher indicator is the re-paint, and I believe it is an implicit problem of the original formula, it is not a problem of the signals (Lime/Magenta) that I added.

All your comments about it indicator are very important to me. I guess the comments of coders will be good for us.

Thanks again. :thumbs up:

cattus

Hi Walter.

I would like to check with you the inputs of the lines on 5 min chart. The name of the indicators over the price chart are:

ADXVMA6_16bar

ADXVMA6_12bar

TLOMI NonLagMA_v4

When I use the template you attached before, called "Chimp 5 min chart" and after that I check the inputs of the ADX's lines, I find these inputs:

ADXVMA6_16bar (the input for ADX_Bars is 40)

ADXVMA6_12bar (the input for ADX_Bars is 4)

TLOMI NonLagMA_v4 (inputs are 0,9,0,0,0,1,0.0)

I don't see any problem at TLOMI NonLagMA_v4, but the name of the others two tell me that the inputs must be 16 and 12.

What are the correct inputs?:

ADXVMA6_16bar: 16? or 40?

ADXVMA6_12bar: 12? or 4?

Note: I asume that you know that with a single indicator called ADXVMA6 we have the source to put any ADXVMA6 with different inputs, but may be you add at each indicator the annex _16, _12, _6, etc. for not confuse us.

Thanks for your help. :)

Agustín

so far it is 40 and 4... names are mixted... sorry about that... little messy research on here...

Cattus : since your inputs about timeframes, I had been looking arround a 60 min against a 5 min thats 1/12th relation between timeframes... it could call for more robust scalps at 5 min (still good lifestyle issues under control) with a very solid trend definition at 60 min in this case using a rainbow for good momentum determination...

Must confess we have so many combinations with vma`s and I am working almost 14 hours per day testing combinations... we will get to the best one... I just dont want to loose interaction with you guys, thats why I started this last thread, dont want to loose momentum on the interaction process as I

am learning together with all of you... thanks so much for inputs... even when they turn out "maybe" futile... its 1 lamp test less

Edison tested 3000 bulbs until success... even thought he was deaf..

so I find refreshing all your interactions...

About oscillators Cattus, ccit3 its the first on my list after extensive research... chimp looks good for cycle recognition, not timing...

we keep this process ongoing...

One thing somehow its finished for me.. its the "setuping" issues with the centrifugal and centripetal setups... thats a finished topic for me... what context of indicators and time frames, I believe there is more to be done on optimization...

one nice frase from Edison : "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas Alva Edison

here is a nice link about him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison very nice inspiration from this guy...

cheers Walter.

uups... re-painting issues on the fisher oscillator as well... lol :frustrated: :frustrated:

Hello Walter and Cattus;

The implementation of the fisher oscillator that you are using is incorrect.:helloooo:

This implementation goes back to the "step rsi" and "step stochastics" indicators, that start the computation loops at the last bar and propagate the calculations to the past. This is a trick that makes the step indicators look good but of course has the result of re-computation and thus "re-painting".

The iFisher stochastic uses the inverse Fisher transform

inverse_fisher_value = 0.5 * log ( (1 + osc_Value) / (1 - osc_Value) ) ;

on the stochastic oscillator after it has been rescaled to have values in the range (-1, +1)

osc_value = 2 * stoch(fast_periods, slow_periods) -1;

It is a stochastic that has been stretched a little bit. Similar to iFisher_rsi as explained by John Ehlers at his site.

If you like try the attached implementation (developed by member "feb2006" at the site where you probably got your mq4). Let us know your evaluation.

Fisher_m11.mq4

Hello Walter and Cattus;

The implementation of the fisher oscillator that you are using is incorrect.:helloooo:

This implementation goes back to the "step rsi" and "step stochastics" indicators, that start the computation loops at the last bar and propagate the calculations to the past. This is a trick that makes the step indicators look good but of course has the result of re-computation and thus "re-painting".

on the stochastic oscillator after it has been rescaled to have values in the range (-1, +1)

It is a stochastic that has been stretched a little bit. Similar to iFisher_rsi as explained by John Ehlers at his site.

If you like try the attached implementation (developed by member "feb2006" at the site where you probably got your mq4). Let us know your evaluation.

thanks unicorn for input, question: this one does not repaint ?

thanks Walter.

Hello Walter and Cattus;

Hi unicorn.

/This conversation is becoming more interesting: The cat, the chimp and the unicorn are talking! Oh God!, jeje/

I threw a glance to the codes of the "fisher m11" and I could not discern it because I am not a coder, I believe that I prefer to use it, sorry, but I prefer to be a practical cat, jeje. May be it is the finish of the topic of Fisher Yur4ik_v2, because it is incorrect...

Thanks a lot for your value comments and for the file you attached, I will review it in comparison with the chimp indicator... unless somebody considers another thing.

so far it is 40 and 4... names are mixted... sorry about that... little messy research on here...

I understand, thanks.

Cattus : since your inputs about timeframes, I had been looking arround a 60 min against a 5 min thats 1/12th relation between timeframes... it could call for more robust scalps at 5 min (still good lifestyle issues under control) with a very solid trend definition at 60 min in this case using a rainbow for good momentum determination...

Thanks for this comment. I always see the chart of 1 hour, and frequently I change it to 4 hour and 15 min, looking for to understand better what it is making the market. My intention is to trade on the 1 min chart, and if I detect a bigger movement, then I would try to climb the trade, this mean that at that moment I climbed the trade I had to think in terms of the 5 min chart and I would leave the chart of 1 min. I do not know if it strategy would be, it is an intention at this moment. If it result I will comment you.

One thing somehow its finished for me.. its the "setuping" issues with the centrifugal and centripetal setups... thats a finished topic for me... what context of indicators and time frames, I believe there is more to be done on optimization...

I guess all your first efforts were enough to understand the setuping. The videos and the examples charts are excellents, but if it is possible, I would like to see more example videos of real trades. I do not know what think the others...

I would like to put some charts with mark the patterns difficult to recognize in order to obtain orientation of you and the other members of the club.

And... to see the method working with more pairs (pros and contras), where we must put the stop loss, I think it is very important, I do not know which part of the process of the car construction it is.... but, it is important, jeje.

Thanks Walter.

Agustín

this one does not repaint ?

Walter;

I am not using MT4.

I had a look at it in the past, but did not like the "programming Language".

However, I do read indicators in mq4.

This version should not repaint. It was coded by feb2000 (MartinG) for this specific purpose.

5aa70e16e88c5_MartinGonYur4ik.thumb.png.1ee2f5cec6bb6a280de179bb6b10fe40.png

I understand, thanks.

Thanks for this comment. I always see the chart of 1 hour, and frequently I change it to 4 hour and 15 min, looking for to understand better what it is making the market. My intention is to trade on the 1 min chart, and if I detect a bigger movement, then I would try to climb the trade, this mean that at that moment I climbed the trade I had to think in terms of the 5 min chart and I would leave the chart of 1 min. I do not know if it strategy would be, it is an intention at this moment. If it result I will comment you.

I guess all your first efforts were enough to understand the setuping. The videos and the examples charts are excellents, but if it is possible, I would like to see more example videos of real trades. I do not know what think the others...

I would like to put some charts with mark the patterns difficult to recognize in order to obtain orientation of you and the other members of the club.

And... to see the method working with more pairs (pros and contras), where we must put the stop loss, I think it is very important, I do not know which part of the process of the car construction it is.... but, it is important, jeje.

Thanks Walter.

Agustín

I will try to keep updated on examples Cattus, so the idea can get even more clear on the mind... so far I like to get focused at one pair, so the research process doesnt get so congested... cheers Walter.