Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s "Forex Trades"

Thank you very much Blu-Ray for the ELD codes. I am very excited to test them right now.

The movie "The Chimp Forex" has won so many oscars. The oscars for director and screenplay go to the chimp Walterw; the oscar for actor goes to the bull Pyenner; the oscar for supporting actor goes to the tiger Blu-Ray; and finally the oscar for best "picture thread" goes to ofcourse "The Chimp Forex".:applaud:

Oh, I forget, the oscar for the producer goes to Soultrader for providing and supporting this forum. :cheers:

Thanks a million (this is FOREX) for the oustanding team efforts from Walterw, Pyenner, and Blu-Ray. :beer:

Thanks Michal ¡¡ it is very encouraging your compliments ¡¡

Certainly this process its a true example of collaboration of a great comunity like TL ¡¡

Certainly we all learn together here... I know the next weeks will get even better...

cheers The Chimp.

Hi Walter W,

I'm unable to watch any of the videos psoted. I click to open and my computer will ask what program do I want to use. What program do I need to download to watch the videos? Do you or another forum member have a template for Ensign software by any chance? Any suggestion on how to apply the indicators to a different software from what you are using. Thank you.

Hi Walter W,

I'm unable to watch any of the videos psoted. I click to open and my computer will ask what program do I want to use. What program do I need to download to watch the videos? Do you or another forum member have a template for Ensign software by any chance? Any suggestion on how to apply the indicators to a different software from what you are using. Thank you.

Hi Nyc... when he ask you program, go the the list and choose IExplorer... that should work ok...

So far we are having Mt4 and TS being covered on programing, dont know if we have another genius for ensign... but you may want to test mt4 as it is free for forex... cheers Walter.

Thanks Walter. Your suggestion of using Internet Explorer works. I will check out Mt4. I forgot one other question. If someone wants to trade using a 1 hour chart as the trigger, what time frame would you use for the trend? Or if you use a 1 hour chart for the trend, what time frame do you use for the trigger? Thank you.

Thanks Walter. Your suggestion of using Internet Explorer works. I will check out Mt4. I forgot one other question. If someone wants to trade using a 1 hour chart as the trigger, what time frame would you use for the trend? Or if you use a 1 hour chart for the trend, what time frame do you use for the trigger? Thank you.

Normally 1/5th between scales would do it... thats a nice relationship between "setuping" and "timing" chart... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter,

Boy did I get hammered last night (PDT). I learned two things:

Man am I dumb...and man, I can't believe how dumb I am. :crap: It looks easy on the videos, but it's not so easy real time.

Practice, yes? I found I was getting out of trades late.

Here is what I am going to work with next week. It's PYenner's ADXVMA4bar...sorry, the red line. Otherwise your 1min and 5 min template.

I'll post these charts since you are encouraging charts on this thread.

Regards

eur1.thumb.gif.7154b06ce5357aa815f616f6ffdc6a5b.gif

Thank you for you kind reply Reaver and your contributions are brilliant, although I'm know nothing of your trading platform...

What I meant by hammered buddy, was that I lost every trade I entered.

(Canadian, eh). Language thing, probably. Although it wouldn't be beyond me to get "hammered" now and then... fishing and golf me.

Cheers

Boy did I get hammered last night (PDT).

I learned two things:

Man am I dumb...and

It looks easy on the videos, but it's not so easy real time.

Ditto.

One day=dream

next day=nightmare

This is about chart time I suspect.

I have problems when the blue line is horizontal or due to become horizontal because the momentum has already slowed and the "ladder step" has already finished but I don't realize it soon enough and the blue line is too late telling me the news. Instead of thinking "scalp the swings during HE or stay out" I alternate between expecting the next ladder step or a pull back before the next ladder step or looking for a reversal. So I whipsaw myself, completely out of step with NOW and alternating between possible future trends.

I have loaded Walters template for 5min chart onto a 1hr chart and am finding the stages of price movement involved with each ladder step has a pattern. But you have to mentally "slide the blue line to the left" to see where the price of the HE will be for the blue line. You can only do that with a historical chart, but the idea is to help identify from the price action alone where the HE price will be, before it happens. That might not make sense without doing a video to show you.

I suspect the same will apply on 1min price action. Walter has enough chart savvy to see this directly from the price action. He sees the patterns, we need to learn them.

Like you I am attempting to trade patterns before I know what they look like.

Most of all I find myself whipsaw trading during HEs, the very opposite of what this whole thread has been about. Man does it make you feel dumb:crap:

In my case, I am ahead of the price action and it is more about getting the time scale and sequence during the HE stage into my head so I don't go trading "break outs" long before they are due. When Walter says the green line doesn't whipsaw you, there is an exception, when you are in the first half of a price HE (it happens before the blue line shows it, in fact the blue line may be halfway up its ladder rise at the time(on 1hr chart)) you do get whipsaw from the green line and that can be taken as the sign that you are in HE NOW. In the case of a rising ladder, the price seems to rise during the second half of the HE (dome or inverted cup) then drop into pullback, crossing or touching the blue line just before the fast rise at the begining of the next step up. But this is on the 1hr chart ok, the 1hr blue line.

Still learning patterns here...

Sundowner

Maybe this pix will help.

"slide the blue line to the left" to see the PRICE and ACTUAL time when the "PRICE" HE started ok?

I was hoping to come up with a set of straight lines through the price rise stage that might help give an earlier idea of when and where the HE started.

But have not got that far yet.

There will be a vma line that is more suited to 1hr charts that will show an HE a lot earlier (but also at a higher price).

eg use the reset button on ADXVMA6_16bar to bring it closer to real time.

We will get there...

Yeah max confusion sometimes...

5aa70e165032f_5mintemplateon1hrchart.thumb.jpg.8c50518c82e8790a84a224aed3934944.jpg

Hi PYenner,

I was trying to reply to your previous post and hit a wrong button. Now you've gone and complicated things. :)

What I was saying was that your indicators and Walter's trading ideas are already profitable...it's my errors that resulted in losses... but the horizon line (axis) still concerns me. That and inexperience and lack of understanding of what Walter was saying....as well, lack of chart time, yes.

I still found I was late to react. I thought maybe your ADX 4 might help.

Thanks for the new chart....It's going to take some study.

Regards and thanks

Sundowner

I'm the sort of bone head that always has to make sense of things in my own dumn way and probably the hard way.

Yeah shouldn't have complicated things by adding 1hr charts.

Yeah adding some more lines can help make sense of things.

On 1min chart maybe also try adding adxvma6_12bar, but set it to 10 bars and maybe line thickness=2 so you can see it easier. Might give another view of where some HEs are.

Whatever helps...

Sundowner

I'm the sort of bone head that always has to make sense of things in my own dumn way and probably the hard way.

Yeah shouldn't have complicated things by adding 1hr charts.

Yeah adding some more lines can help make sense of things.

On 1min chart maybe also try adding adxvma6_12bar, but set it to 10 bars and maybe line thickness=2 so you can see it easier. Might give another view of where some HEs are.

Whatever helps...

PYenner...now keep in mind I can barely get my indicators loaded. But looking at your second pix with second copy of 6_16 running in red on 1hr chart, set to 16 bars. Red line crosses under Blue line - Short. Red line crosses over Blue line - Long. Would have made for a very nice day! ;)

But for now...I'm still studying the 5 minute settingups. :)

Thanks for all your contribution...Armand

Hi PYenner and Walter.

Sorry guys,

One last post..then sleep.

I took your advice PYenner and really like the idea. The axis you suggested for the 1 minute I tried on the 5 minute... like to see what Walter thinks cause I think I still see his setups even though the axis is much tighter. The magenta line is your vma_6 12bar set at 10 PYenner.

What do you think Walter?

Regards

eur1.thumb.gif.b1be6ad7fbe3a9413c007a4127267f24.gif

Sundowner

Hadn't intended it as a replacement for the axis.

Just as a help in any pair.

EURJPY is a volatile pair, it might be difficult to find a good axis.

The axis line does a similar job to the old Magenta line on the fantail.

It needs to be a slow line but a volatile pair like EURJPY will leave it far behind on a centifugal thrust and will also cross it more extremely on a centripetal thrust or pullback.

EURJPY can also behave like a fairly normal pair at times too.

I'm not sure that there will be an answer to this problem.

The interpretation may just remain more complicated.

Walters interest in vwap may be some help with this problem.

I like the simplicity of the two line approach but I have this compulsion not just to "read" the market but to anticipate the next move and that last bit in particular gets me into trouble too often.

Duplicating green lines from 5min and 1hr charts in a 1 min chart.

The Dark Blue line in the 1min chart has ADX_Bars=200 and it is very similar to a green line with ADX_Bars= 4 on a 1hr chart, now 200/60=3.3 but 4 or 3 are the nearest whole numbers.

In Walters template for 5min chart the green line has ADX_Bars= 4.

If a line is added to the 1min chart with ADX_Bars= 20, it will duplicate the green line from the 5min chart, 20/5=4 the green line setting.

So for 15min or 30 min charts, a similar process might be followed for duplicating green lines from those charts inside a 1min chart...

So where I suggested in a previous post to try a line with ADX_Bars= 24 in a 1min chart, a more sensible number would have been 20 since it replicates the 5min green line nicely.

Hello Walterw, just finished to read through this thread and I really like it. I really see that you forex research is taking a great shape. These new definitions with the combination of fewer lines make it even clearer.

Your videos are great as usual. I do also like EUR/JPY for sclaping as it is a great mover.

PYenner, thank for all your help in coding these indicators.

I really see lot of potential with this new refinement of the method.

Sincerely

Shreem:)

The ADX swings in only one direction, zero to one, some changes had to be made to get it to swing red and green. Removing the final stage (of three) made this possible but also made it "wild". The input is very sensitive and it had been the output stage that helped to reduce sensitivity to small changes under certain circumstances like pullback or reversal. The Bemac vma exploited that circumstantial lack of sensitivity in making HE's.

Both he and Walter were sharp in seeing its benefit.

Without that third stage, the signal swings like a reed in the breeze.

It is still an oridinary momenum signal.

It is still an ADX signal, but its "sensitivity curve" differs from ADX, its a real swinger.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce.

Why did you divide the components of the DMI oscillator by volume?

cheers

Unicorn

Why did you divide the components of the DMI oscillator by volume?
I'm not sure if I am answering the right question here, lack of sleep perhaps. Why did I leave out the third stage of the adx?

The first two stages process a mix of momentum and price thru ema smoothing, those two stages are relatively compatible with each other.

The third stage uses a different form of historical access, it samples n=adx_bars on a bar by bar basis. That puts it out of step with the method ema's use, which sample only the current bar and add it in to a single weighted average, they only ever deal with just two numbers, not n=adx_bars of numbers.

Ema's essentially follow the recent price more closely than most forms of averaging and the third stage was further behind reality than the first two stages. This could have the output going down slightly (say) at a time when the price is tending up (say). On an adx, the main signal line only cares about the strength of the movement, it does not care which direction the movement is in.

But the oscillator did need to distinquish up from down and thanks to the third stage it was having trouble getting this right. It was apparent when the oscillator was near the zero line, that it was getting + and - mixed up, there would be jerky movements, zigzagging across the zero line.

The quick answer was to remove the third stage which was causing the error.

I have since got to a stage were it might be possible to put the adx_bars thing back in again without causing a problem but I have not had time to look at it and I am not sure if there is a need to go further with it.

A desensitizing setting has since been added to partly undo the increase in sensitivity that happened when the third stage was removed. Progress comes in pieces, one step at a time, so things are always kind of interim.

If I have answered the wrong question then please try asking again.

Cheers

Bruce

yeap, you can perfectly trade that combination 30 min with 5min... its another lifestyle for shure... it requires another life time schedule to follow that,(diferent sleep, less longer happyhours distentions, etc) thats why I dont go any higher than 5 min on the setuping...

Would be interesting if you are interested on following those timeframes to keep us posted on how it works... nice to interact with you cattus ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Hi Walter.

Well. Your comments make me think strong about the lifestyle. I guess I will follow the combination 5m with 1m...

I would like to take advantage of this post and attach a pic with some comments of the chart of 5 min that you used with the video "Lazy Centripetal Trade on EUR-JPY.swf". I add other indicator called Fisher with modifications of a guy called Yur4ik. I am not a coder, but I usually make modifications to the indicators in order to obtain Deltas or Signals. I modified the Fisher Yur4ik v2 indicator in order to obtain from it a delta signal, specially when the delta is above or below of zero line. You can see its signal like a circle of lime or magenta colors.

The intention of add this indicator is because I would like to obtain comments from you or Pyenner (or any member). May be some of you had worked with this indicator and you have value comments about it. I see that Fisher Yur4ik sometimes shows in advance the next movements (more than other indicators, including Chimp indicator). I want to use it like a confirmation of the inflexions together with the Chimp indicator, but I wish more information about it, if some of you know it.

I will appreciate your comments about Fisher Yur4ik indicator and my notes on the picture I attached here.

Thanks guys.

Agustín

cattus :thumbs up:

"I do not know the key of the success, but I know that the key of the failure is to try to make happy to everybody" Woody Allen

5aa70e1682769_EURJPY5m25Oct07.thumb.png.e7ebda1091f4cd74fd333e64075de397.png

Hi Agustín /cattus

Walter may be enjoying some "lifestyle" so I will say something, but remember I am no master trader.

At first this confused me because audusd should not be having 50 pip falls during an HE, then I see it is EURJPY and I see why you would want to trade some of this.

I like using two similar instruments and seeing where one is better for some things and so on, or maybe you decide you need something better than both.

Good process to make comparisons like this.

Despite the 50 pip part which looks good, trading the M's is dangerous and most of this looks like dangerous HE stuff that gets me burnt. The place to be entering a trade looks to be an hour or so earlier, trading the rise that made the blue line come up.

It is good that both oscillators support the lazy M picture, but it is not good if they encourage you to go long after the M because what you get is a small rise and more HE. So where you ask "is this an icon" or "is this the true icon" I would say neither is an icon or any sort of reliable signal, it is dangerous stuff that is likely to be followed by a small rise, then a pull down, then the next ladder step up. But I am only guessing that because the blue line at the left of the picture looks like there had been a ladder step up to this price which is actually an HE and most of an HE is dangerous to trade.

Both Fisher and Chimp give you big green swings after the M, but I think that is bad because it is staying in HE and not developing, I get in trouble here myself looking for entry too early during an HE and both Fisher and Chimp look like something big is going to happen but it doesnt. If pull back and a rise came after this, then that would be the time to buy the dip.

If your Fisher oscillator doesnt give you trade signals on the right hand side of this picture, then I would say that is good, keeps you out of trouble. Looks like it is too early to be entering a trade there.

Also important, did fisher give you good signals for entering the rise that happened before this picture, because it looks like the big money happened earlier.

One of the problems with a more volatile pair like EURJPY is that it will pullback further thru the blue line than it would with audusd. It is harder to get and keep the "big picture" in your mind. Maybe using an extra chart, maybe 30min or 1 hr would help keep a "bigger picture" for you, I don't know.

It is your preferences that matter, finding what works best for you.

Good luck and I hope I have not confused you, I am no expert trader yet.

Bruce /PYenner

Hi PYenner!

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Sorry, but I don't understand what are you saying with the HE letters? Could you please tell me what does means it letters?

cattus

Hi Walter.

Well. Your comments make me think strong about the lifestyle. I guess I will follow the combination 5m with 1m...

I would like to take advantage of this post and attach a pic with some comments of the chart of 5 min that you used with the video "Lazy Centripetal Trade on EUR-JPY.swf". I add other indicator called Fisher with modifications of a guy called Yur4ik. I am not a coder, but I usually make modifications to the indicators in order to obtain Deltas or Signals. I modified the Fisher Yur4ik v2 indicator in order to obtain from it a delta signal, specially when the delta is above or below of zero line. You can see its signal like a circle of lime or magenta colors.

The intention of add this indicator is because I would like to obtain comments from you or Pyenner (or any member). May be some of you had worked with this indicator and you have value comments about it. I see that Fisher Yur4ik sometimes shows in advance the next movements (more than other indicators, including Chimp indicator). I want to use it like a confirmation of the inflexions together with the Chimp indicator, but I wish more information about it, if some of you know it.

I will appreciate your comments about Fisher Yur4ik indicator and my notes on the picture I attached here.

Thanks guys.

Agustín

cattus :thumbs up:

"I do not know the key of the success, but I know that the key of the failure is to try to make happy to everybody" Woody Allen

Hi all there.

My appologizes, guys.:doh: I made a mistake :crap: with the chart that I included. It was of the pair EURUSD, instead the EURJPY of I was talking about.

I included here the chart of the pair EURJPY.

Thanks.

Agustín

5aa70e1689d47_EURJPY5m25Oct07-2.thumb.png.760845cf811af209b3d6534fe0ff84c8.png