Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s "Forex Trades"

Hi guys.

I attach a pic and a MT4 indicator of a personal version of FXST3CCI. I took the ideas that Igorad used with the BOP indicator an I made something like that with the FX Snipper (the bars are colored depend of the difference between them (delta)). I tested it yesterday and today and I found it works good.

I understand a little to code in MT4, but I am not a coder, then, if somebody see something wrong in this version, let me know it, pls.

May be some of you find this version useful...

Regards.

Cattus

FX Sniper's T3 CCI_d.mq4

5aa70e2591618_FXST3CCIwdeltabars.thumb.png.2deda0b9b38c6e27cc3810cfdd6da0d8.png

I thought I would share a video today of some posible divergence trades with BOP... notice timing when getting inside the rainbow works like a charm... I will take some rest this days... be back next week... cheers Walter.

Thanks Walter...another great video. This counter trend trade using BOP on ES looks very promising. Which version of the rainbow on MT4 did you use? I would like to track some ES trades using these indicators...10 ticks a day seems very doable. Enjoy your well deserved time off...Armand

Hi Unicorn, thats precisely what I am working right now... taking some decisions into which is the better combination of indicators, even I am still not convinced of using NT as it has data problems... so I am letting the sands settle down and once I get the most simple and optimized combo I will make it public on a new thread... my idea is going live with that defined combination and be consistent posting my live trades during a year at least...

Hello Walter;

How is the final vmar method shaping up?

It has been a couple of weeks that you have not posted much.

Take care.

Unicorn.

Hi Unicorn... I did tour just about all the diferent variations of vma`s created... and it will not differ much to all what was presented so far...

The prefered pattern is the Icon...

At this point and with summer, swimingpool, etc on the midle I am testing "timeframes"... right now how vma`s can be valid to create a very solid system for longer moves... so I am on that right now... its clear that larger time frames get in conflict with lifestyle issues but no doubt trading forex on larger timeframes is better bussiness due to their high costs that is perfectly discounted on larger moves...

will keep posted.. sorry for my absence, I really feel responsable at this point for posting something that will be seriously tradeable...we will get there.. cheers Walter.

Oh my GOD!!!!!

What a fantastic set of Indicators.

Walter love all your stuff, I don't know how u find all this stuff but keep it commin.

Blu-Ray is amazing for coding all these things for us...I see indicators not 1/2 as good being sold for $500-$1500 apiece and up.

again just wanted to say thanks!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

I'd just like to draw you guys attention to the date and time function. If you look at the top left of each post you will see the date and time the post was made. You will see that the last time the thread was active or Walter posted was over a year ago. I echo the appreciation of Walters efforts however the 'keep on going' comments make no sense for something that has been dead a year.

It's fortunate that the thread is 'complete' if you read this and other threads by Walter you will learn how he uses CCI as a trigger, the price action he likes to see in the background and how he manages trades. However if you want to resurrect the thread I suggest that you post your own charts and observations :)

You mean Walter does not have a time machine??

Well good timing never was my forte..

BTW...I am currently testing Walter's method on demo as it is similar to a method I used with great success on the ER2 b4 the CME lost it.

One question I am having is where to put stops as behind the last swing high/low leads to a very unfavorable RRR.

If anyone has tried this or a similar idea please PM me so we can talk a bit..

Good Luck Y'all :)

Bump...

This is a great thread Walter. Just want to say thanks for all your hard work !!

Do you still trade this method? Have you any improvements to add?

Thanks Moxy and you all good people for your kind words ¡¡ it has been a great journey and improovments also where done, unfortunately I decided to do it available on a private basis.... about the validity of this material, it keeps working thru time... it has prooved to be consistent over time...

Trading must be simple and RRR has to be present always, about stops this thread has the chimp classic stop : http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f24/chimp-s-universal-stop-system-2754.html

As always I am researching new variations that are going to be superb... again, this updates are available to a private group... still all material posted at TL its tradeable and its good enough to make you a living thru trading, our private stuff just has that extra edge... trading is FUN ¡¡¡ cheers Walter.

WELL i just want to post a great thanks to all of you who participated to such an so complete trading system

:applaud::applaud:

i must say that people like you give strength to continue learning about trading and i hope one day i will be able to give back in return

again thank you walterw bluray peinner cattus and all TL members who participate to the building of this thread

well in the last video with the BOP examples you were using a VMA rainbow to set up your refresh entries.May I ask to someone to post this VMA rainbow for MT4 with also the correct parameters input. Thanks in advance

ok i think i found it on an another Walterw thread here :) :

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/24/walter-s-forex-trend-trades-2364-28.html

Thanks Logan for your kind words, yes you can find inputs for metatrader based strategy on that thread... I actually trade with tick bars charts wich gives much better precision and scalping style... cheers Walter.

Thanks Logan for your kind words, yes you can find inputs for metatrader based strategy on that thread... I actually trade with tick bars charts wich gives much better precision and scalping style... cheers Walter.

it's very few in comparison of the powerfull and readymade tools you and the TL team provide Lot of Thaanks again. I think you are talking about the new future scalp thread for the tick bars. I just read a few about it but i should dig it more. Thank you for this advice.