Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s "Forex Trades"

If you guys interact, it will be quite easy to understand, questions, answers, etc... feel free to interact ¡¡¡ cheers The Chimp.

Walter

I'm probablies getting ahead of the thread here, but could you tell me the settings for the indicators especially the Chimp2_1, as on TS it doesn't work on forex as TS doesn't have volume data, so I'll need to modify it to try to get a near match.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

... could you tell me the settings for the indicators especially the Chimp2_1, as on TS it doesn't work on forex as TS doesn't have volume data, so I'll need to modify it to try to get a near match.

It might be possible to count the volume from the tick movements, then you would have volume, but that doesn't mean it would be a piece of cake...

Have not been able to get my head around this stuff yet, volume tends to have different meanings at different stages in a cycle, which is just what Walter may be talking about. But then momentum can also be that way. So don't know if it is a coincidence or if volume is actually needed.

More questions than answers, situation normal :doh::crap::helloooo:

Still experimental, nowhere near a finished product.

I'm going to go with the flow for now, and catch up on the complications as and when...

Do like the direction Walter is headed in though.

I will start the day today posting indis and templates for the 5 min chart so far...

just in case, this thread explains how to load them on mt4 http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/how-to-import-indicators-and-templates-2427.html

cheers Walter.

Thanks Walter. Once again the videos are so helpful. I am not used to working with the CCI...so the explainations are a big help.

Armand

Now I will focus today on the setups we may have on this aproach...

I tried to introduce some preliminar concepts, so you guys can understand where my ideas are making pivot... I hope I dont confuse anyone, maybe re-reading its the way to get there...

1rst we have an axis (blue line)... from that axis we expect Centrifugal Action and Centripetal Action... so when we have certain action we get the following setups for that action :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3546&stc=1&d=1193155795

Once again this chart illustrates the setups that fit on certain type of actions :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3545&stc=1&d=1193155083

So FIRST you need to understand if you are in Centrifugal or Centripetal Action... interestingly there is certain "anticipation" of this actions from our part... BUT thanks to our Three lines (blue, green,yellow) we can make that anticipation or discernment of potential action more easy...

When a NET trend is alligned on the lines, we normally will say we have Centrifugal action in course... when a REFRESH trend is alligned then we may start thinking that a Centripetal action may come into place...

You see how this informations start to fit all together ?

So if you get to understand NET and REFRESH trends with our simple clean lines, you will be able to start training you eye to anticipate Centrifugal and Centripetal action.... and once you got that you will start to look for the Setups that fit on each of this actions...

May sound complex, but once you grasp the idea behind it and take the bmw out of the factory should you have a very simple trading aproach...

continue on next post.... cheers The Chimp

5aa70e14335cb_Chimpsviewofmarketstages.thumb.png.d7e6010b20a9755b93cd850c5299b1cf.png

5aa70e143a1eb_Setupsacordingtoaction.thumb.png.5f4c14646880de6a7de29109bc91e863.png

Thanks Walter. Once again the videos are so helpful. I am not used to working with the CCI...so the explainations are a big help.

Armand

yes Armand, certainly videos make things more easier to explain... glad you like them...

The Chimp oscillator actually its not a CCI... Pyenner has designed it and it contains certain volume measures as well... so its a new breed... cheers Walter.

You see how this informations start to fit all together ?

So if you get to understand NET and REFRESH trends with our simple clean lines, you will be able to start training you eye to anticipate Centrifugal and Centripetal action.... and once you got that you will start to look for the Setups that fit on each of this actions...

May sound complex, but once you grasp the idea behind it and take the bmw out of the factory should you have a very simple trading aproach...

Makes sense to me.

First identify which stage of a cycle it is in, then trade it accordingly.

Good systematic approach.

Pattern recognition gets easier within each stage once a stage is categorized.

Pattern recognition gets easier within each stage once a stage is categorized.

Exactly ¡¡ thats the way we can get things so simplified... and vma`s give us the correct visuals for this...

On this post I add a video about Centripetal Action and the setups you can find there... it has been quite a specialty of mine trading this type of setups on futures...

This other threads explain a little more how this type of centripetal setups are formed... http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f34/the-lazy-trade-1942.html http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f34/the-false-break-trade-1994.html remember that they are countertrend, so you dont want to take this ones on great momentum conditions... there must be some clear hint that there is a REFRESH trend in course...

cheers Walter.

Centripetal Setups.swf

There is a saying that a chart talks more than a thousand words...

so I prepared some charts here to try to express somehow what we are talking about here in terms of setuping the trades on 5 min chart...

its interesting too look at them, and at some point you start asking, isnt this the same chart I already saw ?... cheers Walter.

1.thumb.png.11e6145921f2508c8e8247fb70321865.png

2.thumb.png.d07ef1bbf1d565a7c966ecd2556ccee9.png

3.thumb.png.e37d8f72da3fb9ee0aa0b9bbf2c0e966.png

4.thumb.png.c76a608472281f4ff0604289ed0fc1b5.png

5.thumb.png.22d95541e57d8ebc3ea3ed407d802a6d.png

6.thumb.png.4dc466d0fe43e4eddf5131d8153f4b37.png

7.thumb.png.2cd8ee7faef88cc31a6fa1f8de0cf1a3.png

8.thumb.png.ec55c463c5374286a1108753d7510d5d.png

9.thumb.png.a23b4e87c8b8e519a657c8add6d95bd8.png

10.thumb.png.363608b3a1af853b04270d418c20dfa9.png

Template works fine on XP, but on Vista I seem to have to compile any new indicators using MetaEditor before MT4 can find them and use them from a template. Working fine on both now.

Template works fine on XP, but on Vista I seem to have to compile any new indicators using MetaEditor before MT4 can find them and use them from a template. Working fine on both now.

aha.. I am on XP here...

So far at this point we can say that we have a presentation of how a trade would setup for us...

On the clean context of our 5 min chart with our three lines (2 of them are vma`s ) and our clean oscillator, we have the tools to understand if the market condition is or will be centrifugal or centripetal in relation to the axis... and from there on we are ready to aproach the diferent setups we may have on each of this contexts...

This task I call it : SETUPING you are looking for setups...

It is the first task you will make on the entire process...

NOW... once you see a setup on your 5 min chart, here comes the great challenge ¡¡ : TIMING when will you take the trade ?

We talked about inflections... thats where the cycles, end and start, thats the place to take our entries... BUT there is a big problem ¡¡ called NOISE... :crap: and if you observed the oscillator, most probably you already criticized how many false signal he gives.... well yes, thats absolutely true, thats why I dont use the oscillator for timing purposes... I prefer to just use him to tell me if a cycle may be ready for an inflection...

So how can we get good timing ? vma`s is the good answer...

continue on next post... cheers The Chimp.

Trading will always need some "BA", but this sure helps keep your B out of a vice, gotta be close to a dream come true Walter.

We are getting there Bruce, so much programing was worth it man ¡¡

Very nice Walter...very nice! The videos are great.

Thank you

Thanks Sun... this process is really evolving...

keep tuned as the timing issue will really give us the edge we need...

cheers Walter

So far at this point we can say that we have a presentation of how a trade would setup for us...

On the clean context of our 5 min chart with our three lines (2 of them are vma`s ) and our clean oscillator, we have the tools to understand if the market condition is or will be centrifugal or centripetal in relation to the axis... and from there on we are ready to aproach the diferent setups we may have on each of this contexts...

This task I call it : SETUPING you are looking for setups...

It is the first task you will make on the entire process...

NOW... once you see a setup on your 5 min chart, here comes the great challenge ¡¡ : TIMING when will you take the trade ?

We talked about inflections... thats where the cycles, end and start, thats the place to take our entries... BUT there is a big problem ¡¡ called NOISE... :crap: and if you observed the oscillator, most probably you already criticized how many false signal he gives.... well yes, thats absolutely true, thats why I dont use the oscillator for timing purposes... I prefer to just use him to tell me if a cycle may be ready for an inflection...

So how can we get good timing ? vma`s is the good answer...

continue on next post... cheers The Chimp.

You are a teacher, Walter. It is very clear the concepts you are talking about. You understand and teach the movements of the market very clearly..:thumbs up:

Thanks again to share to us your researches

You are a teacher, Walter. It is very clear the concepts you are talking about. You understand and teach the movements of the market very clearly..:thumbs up:

Thanks again to share to us your researches

Thanks Cattus, glad to be of some help...

Its very important to grasp this setups concepts first, then as the thread is about to evolve you will see how the true power of vma`s will get unleashed on timing... cheers Walter.

Walterw,

Thank you. It looks like the Chimp is explaining the "rubber band" theory.

Well, it is very simple and clear. I am "hungry" for more. :coffee:

Blu-Ray,

Where are you? The party is not over yet. There are still beer and coffee on the table. :beer:

We need your help to convert the following indicators in this thread to ELD code. Thank you.

Attached Files

File Type: mq4 ADXVMA6_12bar.mq4 (6.4 KB, 13 views)

File Type: mq4 ADXVMA6_16bar.mq4 (6.4 KB, 13 views)

File Type: mq4 Chimp2_1.mq4 (4.3 KB, 13 views)

File Type: mq4 TLOMI NonLagMA_v4.mq4 (4.6 KB, 13 views)

File Type: tpl chimp 5 min chart.

tpl (2.2 KB, 12 views)

Timing... the stumbling stone of many traders... here is where noise does his work to put you out of bussiness... lets deal with that on this next posts... and see how Vma`s gives us a great unprecedented edge...

Lets asume you already have somehow a clear understanding of your Setuping process... you grasped the idea of NET and REFRESH trends with our three lines, now you are able to anticipate Centrifugal and Centripetal action... and you are ready to play some Setups on this contexts like Icon and Continuation on Centrifugal context, as M`s and Refresh on Centripetal context...

You understanded that the market behaves on cycles waves... where we have inflections and moves, and you understand that you will have to time your entries on the inflections of this cycles...

NOW... how can I get a clean optimized signal ?...

well, we have to revisit the blessings of Vma...

Normally entry signals are plagued with whipsaws... the reason for that is very simple, there is a great amount of undesired sub-cycles inside the cycle that really interests me... sometimes this sub-cycles do have a level of volatility that exceeds "my" cycle`s volatility and hence gives false signals...

the graph I originally presented when I discovered the power of Vma`s on my epiphany was this :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3564&stc=1&d=1193266812

you can see that other indicators DO plot the noise of the undesired sub-cycles... but Vma`s would absorb them and become horizontal... here the birth of the Horizontal Effect (HE)... in consecuence we get less amount of "signals" using the vma`s...

Thats the way that vma`s have the abilty to supress all the undesired noise and bring the information down to the basic and really necesary one to time our trades... the final result is a clean line that gives very little false signals and interestingly it still leads (no lag)... on other indicators you may be able to work out a clean plotting paying a very high price of lag... not much with vma`s...

So with this edge on our side thanks to vma`s and thanks to the unresting programing work from Bruce (Pyenner)... we are able to aim "Superb Timing"...

continue after a good cup of cofee ¡¡ jejeje... cheers The Chimp.

5aa70e14df3c5_vmavsothers.thumb.png.475aeeed3a4663c605e5833fc3abdf05.png

Multiple Time-framing is a science not really much understanded by most traders... the croud gets confused with so many charts, many people tend to get waco with this multiple charts...

The fact is that the information is only ONE... how much compressed it is or not in its plotting process its another bussiness...

Drummond in his presentations talks about the 1/5th scale as a good way of compressing or decompressing data...

Why decompressing data ? for example so far I presented 5 min charts, my 1/5th decompression of data would be 1 min... why ?

Thru decompression of data we can have several advantages like : more data series to calculate on, get smoother results thru more data series averaged on an x algorithm... we can get more specific spots for our timing...

SO... looking at a 1/5th 1 min decompressed chart does not mean I am not looking at the 5 min chart data... its the same data ¡¡ only its decompressed, so I can take advantage of that decompression...

Thats why I insist that the spirit of my trades are always on the 5 min chart... but my "specifics" are plotted on a 1 min chart...

I dont use the oscillator for timing purposes... I prefer to just use him to tell me if a cycle may be ready for an inflection...

Excellent videos Walter. You are a very good mentor.

Will you please explain the concept of your oscillator?

Which quantities it involves and the physical meaning of its construction?

Thank you.

Unicorn.