Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dogpile

Taylor Trading Technique

The beat goes on, after all these years...........

Hi Farridin

If you wanted to learn to play golf, what would you do?

Read everything you can find on Golfers Laboratory. Study all the books on the subject.Talk to lots of golfers.And practise on the range... lots.     SIM . Then you have a few real games.Not quite what you expected.you need some lessons!

The same with TTT. Find a mentor.And if you have to pay Richbois, it will save you years of struggle.

You must have the same chart as the expert and follow him with the count, see when he enters/exits. Otherwise you are wasting your money.

Try Elovermore, if hes still around.

And after all the lessons, you will face five up days in a row  F..k   Nobody explained this

And the you face  nine down days in a row, double f..k

Good luck

bobc

PS Dont listen to zdo

This is absolutely incredible, that after all these years this thread is still alive, the last time I posted here was back in 2011, best wishes to all the newcomers that are learning about the Taylor method for the first time

12 hours ago, bobcollett said:

The beat goes on, after all these years...........

Hi Farridin

If you wanted to learn to play golf, what would you do?

Read everything you can find on Golfers Laboratory. Study all the books on the subject.Talk to lots of golfers.And practise on the range... lots.     SIM . Then you have a few real games.Not quite what you expected.you need some lessons!

The same with TTT. Find a mentor.And if you have to pay Richbois, it will save you years of struggle.

You must have the same chart as the expert and follow him with the count, see when he enters/exits. Otherwise you are wasting your money.

Try Elovermore, if hes still around.

And after all the lessons, you will face five up days in a row  F..k   Nobody explained this

And the you face  nine down days in a row, double f..k

Good luck

bobc

PS Dont listen to zdo

Hey captain Bob!

10 hours ago, Patuca said:

Hey captain Bob!

Hey Patuca

How you doing?

I was thinking about you the other day. I  have this option on the Brooklyn Bridge and I know how you love a bargain.

Let me know

Kind regards

bobc

Hi Farridin

Some more morality

John the apostle wrote Revelation. He then helped George Taylor write TTT.

Both incomprehensible

You can use both books to "press"leaves.

Theres another thread on TL ," Beyond Taylor ", which has some useful info

It was started by Mishibushi, a London car dealer, but very knowledgable.

The posts used to be numbered, but no more

Look for Patucas posts from  page 29. He is the only trader I have seen to start a book,trade daily using TTT, document it, and show a profit

Worth a read

Regards

bobc

6 hours ago, bobcollett said:

Hi Farridin

Some more morality

John the apostle wrote Revelation. He then helped George Taylor write TTT.

Both incomprehensible

You can use both books to "press"leaves.

Theres another thread on TL ," Beyond Taylor ", which has some useful info

It was started by Mishibushi, a London car dealer, but very knowledgable.

The posts used to be numbered, but no more

Look for Patucas posts from  page 29. He is the only trader I have seen to start a book,trade daily using TTT, document it, and show a profit

Worth a read

Regards

bobc

Hey Bob, 

Really appreciate the input, will certainly check those out. Also sounds like you have a negative view on the Taylor method. Am I right?

I get your thoughts in your previous post about a mentor and I agree that having a mentor can certainly speed up the learning process, maybe its something I will look into a some point but I am hoping this thread will have a lot of the answers. Especially if we can get some activity going on the thread again. There must be people out there still trading this method and also those new to it like myself wanting to learn.

To be honest I ended up skipping past a lot of elovermore posts as I found his post as hard to read as the Taylor book itself. Also from what I picked up on he was explaining/trading it in his own way compared to how WHY?, Dogpile & Richbois explained everything. I certainly made progress from WHY? posts. Its a shame he hasn't been on TL for sometime.

I live in London myself so maybe can try get in touch with Mishibusi and thanks for letting me know about the beyond Taylor thread will certainly be going through that. 

Many thanks.

Regards,

Farridin 

12 hours ago, bobcollett said:

Hey Patuca

How you doing?

I was thinking about you the other day. I  have this option on the Brooklyn Bridge and I know how you love a bargain.

Let me know

Kind regards

bobc

LOL

I’m doing good. Haven’t been posting much on Traderslab. Been posting some on elitetrader.

Mitzy still around?

I see some people have their own interpretation of Taylor's method but I would like to understand pure Taylor before deviating.

You can’t understand anything “before deviating”. .. you already deviated.  There is no such thing as pure Taylor.  Even Taylor himself had no “pure Taylor“ to utilize. Consciously or not, you are already running some variant of TTT in your head. 
... ie ... It is impossible to not have your own interpretation... Nothing wrong with that ... and nothing wrong with TTT

And it is impossible to have your own interpretation     https://www.real.video/5811888545001

btw to believe in TTT you must believe in ‘campaigns’, very short term campaigns in this case... ie you have to be a con spiracy theorist :).  I should know... I’ve always been a con spiracy theorist:)

... Sun Tzu wrote “Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”  If you are going to persist with TTT or similar methods, learn to type the auction.  That way you’ll know when to and when not to TTT (more generally aka cycles) ie you know when ‘your little’ TTT crowd can still play  and when they have to  step aside instead of trying to beat down (or up) larger crowds of much more motivated participants...

PS Don’t listen to zdo

I have also studied Taylor "trading it for about a year about 25 years ago" and Crabel who I still study to this day.  What I have discovered is that time based data has a poisonous effect on most methods.  If you apply these methods to non time based data such as range bars I think you will find much more consistency.

The painful truth - TTT does not backtest well at all.  Plain TTT, 'fractal' TTT, ‘statefull’ TTT, 'filtered' TTT,  ‘intelligent’ TTT, whatever - none backtest well.  Any successfully applied TTT is ‘artfully’ applied TTT.

One other salient point - TTT performance deteriorated over the years ... took a real steep dive circa 93-94 ish and has never come back (except for a couple short random runs)...      this is why I say things like “it used to be a good ‘crowd’. It’s not anymore.”

zdo

PS Don’t listen to zdo