Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

trader273

10 year note

I really like your chart analysis. The support area at around 108'13 held today but there was no upward movement. The volatility contraction over the past few days might signal a nice breakout, but have no idea in which direction that will be. Of course that's just my amteurish view of the market.

Im willing to find out which way. The risk/reward is in my favor. I just need to let it play out. My 1st crude long was a great entry but I got nervous after a couple of days and a red spinning top so I moved my stop and then got stopped out for a modest gain. Luckily it came back to the support area so I bought again and that trade worked like a charm. Hopefully this trade will do the same.

Update:

Not much going on with this trade. Produced another hammer on the multiple support levels. Looking for this to pop. S&P is at resistance and having some problems so that is a good sign for this trade. Here is the chart:

30atkih.png

Update:

A little bullish movement today. Going to be watching the 108 31.5 level ( market minor resistance on the chart). Looked like it was making a charge up to that level, but didn't quite make it.

Enter: 108 21.0

Current: 108 27.5

Profit: 6.5 points (101.40/ct)

Not the greatest, but still bullish.

Chart:

es5m42.png

Finally some nice movement in this trade:

Enter: 108 21.0

Current: 109 09.0 (as of 12:11 est)

Result: In profit by 40 ticks (15.62/tick) = $624.80/ct

Keep on telling me that candles don't work. Its amazing that when people can not get something to work it could never be their fault, oh no, it's always whatever tool they are using. Between this trade, crude oil, silver, and nat gas, I am showing that candles, when used correctly ( I guess that's the catch), work tremendously on daily, weekly, monthly charts.

Here's the chart of this trade:

2i9lfzo.png

Have to willing to let it work. Nice down move in the indexes, which usually correlates to an up move in the notes.

Looks like it wants to challenge that resistance level around 190 24.0. We'll see how the rest of the day plays out and take it from there.

Nice overnight move up here. Profit one was taken out pretty easily, 2/3 cts out.

Entered: 108 21.0

Exit1: 109 26.5

Profit: 56 ticks (15.62*56 = $874.72/ct)

Not a bad move, just had to give it a little time. Let's see if we can catch a bigger move up to up around 111.

Chart:

14ea2ah.jpg