Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

DOM games

Here's an old thread on ET that some might be interested in. Take a look at Cazza La Randa's post on page 266. Link: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76297&perpage=6&highlight=using%20dom&pagenumber=266

I need pictures and this makes sense to me. This would be much easier on the YM or ER2 DOM's though in my opinion. The ES is so thick that I'm not sure how many you would want to see at a level to consider it big. Seeing 600+ at ONE level on the ER2 (see ET thread) stands out big time.

I would be interested to see this is action in real-time. I've yet to find anything that explains it in real-time. Right now curiosity has the best of me. The only thing I have found from a different thread on ET, is mention of http://www.viperspeedtrader.com/. I have no desire to dive into a brand new thing, but for anyone interested, there's some stuff out there.

I have never used viperspeedtrader.com, so please do your own due diligence before purchasing anything.

Its interesting they mention Ninja on that site. I've been poking around with the demo and it really seems like it will become a powerhouse in the future. For programming they have just extended C# for trading so you have all the C# learning resources available to learn. It said on the forum they will be opening up access to the super DOM, once that happens Ninja would seem like the logical choice for this kind of analysis. Certainly would be much easier than neoticker or that crazy guy in the elite thread that rolled his own with open source java charts.

Allow me to play devil's advocate with myself - I would also suggest that with the amount of games being played on the DOM, you do the OPPOSITE of what the dom is 'telling' you.

Again, just an idea here, so do your own homework. It just seems in the limited times that I've noticed the bids or asks heavily outweighing each other that price will move AWAY from these potential large bids/asks. Part of the reason is that many of them end up getting pulled before any possible realization of being filled.

So think about it... if you had the ability to trade large amounts of contracts and could play these little games, you could easily manipulate how people read and react to them by putting on and pulling your offers quickly.

One reason why I like this idea over trying to read the real bids/asks vs. fakes is that more often than not, when you are going off the dom and with the large bids/asks, you are going against the short term trend. Doing the opposite of these puts you in with the current intermediate trend some of the time.

Just some food for thought. ;)

Here is what I do on EuroStoxx to find out if there are good or fake BIDs/ASKs on depth I use Depth with Tape. I take in consideration only inside quote, I don't pay much attention beyond them, or already proved good BID/ASK a few minutes ago if the price is continue to stay in short-term box (usually 2-5 ticks on Stoxx). Lets say we want to see if it is a good 1000 bids at particular price, if there is big selling pressure (many sales with good volume) on this price, but bids are still there, didnt decrease dramatically in size, the people add new bids in place of already filled, the bids are real, and they support market very well (the tape is all red but we move nowhere) and the price could go upward a little after this, usually it takes several times to get through these bids. Fake Bid or Ask dont show up on inside quote if the pressure is in their way.

yup

saw that many times too

guess u just cant trust the DOM

also OEC trader has iceberg feature

hope they will add T&S on the next upgrade

how does the iceberg help this situation...i now have OEC

Can somebody explain with clarity why does price gravitate towards size and does this unfold on a consistent basis, if so than surely it is the making of a holy grail;)

It does not gravitate towards a big BID/ASK. Ive seen just as many times it run away from a big BID/ASK. Its not that easy.

Have you noticed, tho, that when there is a huge amount of offer-side pressure in the dom that often times it's taken out and then price ramps up? That just happened....must've been 15k cars sitting in the top 4 slots on the offer and then they vanished. Price was at 51.25 and right when those all vanished price jumped to 52.50 within 2 minutes. Now, it's not a HUUUUGE jump in price, but still, 5 ticks can make ya some ka-ching.

Thats what I mean exactly. Pulled.

Well, there we go - for 40 bucks you can master the DOM from a guy that claims he's selling the same system that pro's use.
cheap enough eh? why don't you get it and let us know how it goes??

how much is it? no prices are posted there for the webinar??? i just know he deals with the issues this thread raises. might be a decent site. might want to google his name and see what you find out????

how much is it? no prices are posted there for the webinar??? i just know he deals with the issues this thread raises. might be a decent site. might want to google his name and see what you find out????

The guy has his email on his site. I've been emailing him back and forth and he seems like a very cool, nice and honest guy. No BS.:)

Email him for price. I wont put it hear because its not on his site so maybe he wanted it not seen for a reason. I'll respect that. I will tell you thou it seems like a really good deal. month long webinar, real trades and ask questions to a guy with experience. We will see.:)

The guy has his email on his site. I've been emailing him back and forth and he seems like a very cool, nice and honest guy. No BS.:)

Email him for price. I wont put it hear because its not on his site so maybe he wanted it not seen for a reason. I'll respect that. I will tell you thou it seems like a really good deal. month long webinar, real trades and ask questions to a guy with experience. We will see.:)

Ok after one month let us know how it went. Seems like I read somewhere that you should buy the basic course first before doing the webinar???? You might want to look into that.

cheap enough eh? why don't you get it and let us know how it goes??

Ok after one month let us know how it went. Seems like I read somewhere that you should buy the basic course first before doing the webinar???? You might want to look into that.

Do you own the manual of the site you are promoting????

Have you posted your review of the site and process??????

At what point are question marks too many???????

You must have bought the manual and it didn't work for you or why else are you so antagonistic to the mention of someones website that may deal with the issues this thread is about??????????????

I am not promoting the website. I just mentioned it as a place that looks like it deals with the issues raised so why don't you cool it Mr obnoxious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frustrated: