Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Playing with the VMAR`s open research

Forex tends to trend upward for long periods.

But at the top of the market it can go sideways for a month or 3.

Falls used to be sharper and briefer.

The last few months have not been typical of the last few years.

Uncertainty has replaced confidence for GBP.

Noticing AusUsd tends to be bull during Aus open, while other prices are falling, AusUsd seems to be trying to swim against the tide.

So Aus open might be the better time to buy AusUsd if other prices are rising (eg GbpJpy), and after Aus hours might be better for shorts if other pairs are falling. Not sure what to think yet.

Noticing AusUsd tends to be bull during Aus open, while other prices are falling, AusUsd seems to be trying to swim against the tide.

So Aus open might be the better time to buy AusUsd if other prices are rising (eg GbpJpy), and after Aus hours might be better for shorts if other pairs are falling. Not sure what to think yet.

On the other hand, just saw the Aud bulls get barBQ'd, 5min chart is like 40pips in 15 min, just 3 bars. 54 pips from a Walter entry. Thank you Walter.

On the other hand, just saw the Aud bulls get barBQ'd, 5min chart is like 40pips in 15 min, just 3 bars. 54 pips from a Walter entry. Thank you Walter.

Hey Bruce... can you show me a chart of how was this trade... I just missed this down move was taking shower :angry: :angry:

Walter

Your Icon entry system is brilliant, about as good as it gets.

I would agree Bruce that we are clearly getting some nice optimization here on timing... I am still playing a lot with inputs an combinations...

My question here : would the base line of fantailvma3 be the tightest we can get ?... (near to close) cheers Walter.

I would agree Bruce that we are clearly getting some nice optimization here on timing... I am still playing a lot with inputs an combinations...

My question here : would the base line of fantailvma3 be the tightest we can get ?... (near to close) cheers Walter.

There are at least two ways ADX to VMA might be done better, but I don't know if the difference will be obvious for the trader. I would like to do them anyway just to get things optimized. Can't say yet. I hope the first of these will make a visible difference.

In a sense, every trade is part of an outswing or an inswing on the longer picture.

Correct ¡¡¡ thats a basic principle from Drummond Push / Refresh... and it organizes the overall reading of whats happening... your 1 hour chart is the best one to see this big picture... from there on coming down to 5 min and 1 min for timing puposes is the best shot... I converge with you Bruce on this great aerial view of the market... cheers Walter.

Let me show you what could had been my reading... (iconic type)...

On the 5 min with the fantailvma1 you can see that the black line takes off to the downside, after long erratic HE action... then he makes a sweet pullback and the 1 min timing happens as the fantailvma3 yellow line gets back out of the rainbow...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2927&stc=1&d=1190082497

a nice leading entry.... notice the possible logic scalper exit... aint that nice.. cheers Walter.

5aa70e032ef60_intraminiicon...thumb.png.a8d97e538f4a5adb8f6e8ba6e8b0abb0.png

This is a similar case early today... you can see on the 5 min this laddering going on after some HE action market decides to continue down... NOW on the 1 min... I never get a pullback... all laddering down... here timing should be difernt OR we would need a tighter vma version that could pullback some for more confidence...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2928&stc=1&d=1190082918

but this type of trend continuation on 5 min had been today a great example of how market makes a pause and then he tells you with vmar on 5 min when exactly he will resume the party... let me make video on this... cheers Walter.

similar.thumb.png.28369c6b806f65704306bc3d2eca4de3.png

Gee just a simple thing like selling the peak, right after it has dropped down to green on 5 min is working at the moment, how easy is that?

Helps if there is a trend, then its just fall, HE, fall, HE, fall....

Hey Walter

Instead of buying a coconut island in the Pacific,

how about aiming a bit higher?

Like Aus is the smallest continent and they grow pineapples there too hehe

Gee just a simple thing like selling the peak, right after it has dropped down to green on 5 min is working at the moment, how easy is that?

Helps if there is a trend, then its just fall, HE, fall, HE, fall....

Totally Rock my friend ¡¡ once you start seeing the power... its outstanding ¡¡ can you make for me some averiguations of Aus GDP... we may buy it in a couple of years.. jejeje... but still the small Island could suggest less stress... jejjee....

let me add here another super video on this 5 min laddering trades... I believe its a nice "Iconic" combination of the 5 min vmar laddering readings with the powerfull 1 min timings... I am feeling some progress today... cheers Walter.

5 minute laddering.swf

Yes, the icon is there on multiple scales and time frames.

Different approaches may suit different market conditions.

Fx can be very unfriendly, it can also be very friendly.

When they say the trend is your friend, they aint kidding.

You got good eyes Walter, nice vid.

So first I spam the trade thread with techie stuff.

Now we both spam the tech thread with trades....

How about a Greek island in the Med, nice clear blue water?

So first I spam the trade thread with techie stuff.

Now we both spam the tech thread with trades....

How about a Greek island in the Med, nice clear blue water?

jejejejeje Pure Inspiration Bruce ¡¡¡ yeah Greece sounds better, also more near to Europe... now, can we grow bananas there ?... jejeje cheers Walter.

Walter

GBPJPY has passed a recent historical low and approaches another one.

There is the chance of a big rise trend happening and AudUsd will surely go up if that happens.

Somehow I think more down is likely, but it could be mixed up or it could be a thrust through the barrier. Maybe boring, maybe hot.

Anyway, have you told Dr J about your thing with bananas and your dislike for pineapples yet....? How do you feel about dates and olives then?

Walter

A few days back you posted a pix of a fast reversal in 5min that "turbo" was too slow to give you a good entry price on.

Well I just saw it happen in GBPJPY where I know what it means on this occasion at least, likely to be the top price for some time to come.

Maybe if you see it happen on 5 min, remember to look back later to see if it marked a high.

I took entries based on my system and doubled up when VMA gave supporting signals. Waited to see if AudUsd would do the same fast turn but it seemed more normal.

Four demo trades, $500 and just started...hehe

See if I get egg on my face...

Hard to think straight with new stuff happening.

Burn.thumb.png.4654c06427058a9a2f71f7c4857a4c66.png

Should have said this is a double burn move, like icon.

First the bears get burned with a counter trend.

Then the bulls get burned by a fast reversal at the top.

Nice $ for the bank.

But it tends to confirm that the original trend is solid, you know what I'm saying already hehe.