Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

9/5/2007 General Trade/Idea Sharing

What's up guys? I thought I would join you today. Markets opened up down quite a bit but near the S1 mid. Don't be too surprised to see a gap fill here today as I see the markets heading back to "normal" - good luck everyone.

Hello. I'm sorry I missed the morning session. I was away at a job orientation. I will be working on and off for the next few months, so some days I will be around for regular market hours.

I'm stopping the detailed annotations of my trades and see how it works out. It is very labor intensive and keeps my attention away from the market. I want to thank the people who have been looking at my trades and advising me. You have been enormously helpful and I hope that I can return the favor.

I got beat up on the opening gap. I let price fall a bit then I went long for a halfway gap fill. The trade was working out and I was looking around the ES for other setups. Then my dog started running around the house, and I had to catch him. I came back to a 50YM loss :( I closed out the trade before I was stopped out, but that sucked. Nothing really I can do, I followed the plan exactly how it was laid out - just didn't work today.

The second was a doji that I let my emotions get to me, I didn't hold long enough and sold for a loss only to re-enter the next candle and make a small gain. I realized I was getting emotional so now I'm just watching for the day - no trading.

I got beat up on the opening gap. I let price fall a bit then I went long for a halfway gap fill. The trade was working out and I was looking around the ES for other setups. Then my dog started running around the house, and I had to catch him. I came back to a 50YM loss :( I closed out the trade before I was stopped out, but that sucked. Nothing really I can do, I followed the plan exactly how it was laid out - just didn't work today.

The second was a doji that I let my emotions get to me, I didn't hold long enough and sold for a loss only to re-enter the next candle and make a small gain. I realized I was getting emotional so now I'm just watching for the day - no trading.

Sounds like the right decision James.