Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Recommended Forex Charting

I'm not sure why, but I get this 'forex bug' if you will and occasionally want to look at some charts. I'm not looking to open an account or anything right now, but does anyone have any recommended charting platforms for fx? Real-time is not necessary right now, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks guys.

http://www.alpari.co.uk/en/metatrader4/open-demo-account.html

Alpari UK has MT4 demo with no expiry, other Alpari locations may also.

Forex Liquidity LLC, US also but they sometimes stop the feed to fiddle the charts.

http://www.migfx.ch/en/open-an-account/free-demo-account/index.html

Mig Investments is Swiss, they offer MT4 Swiss etc based account options, might be worth a comparison to US $/pip payouts.. Just got the expiry warning so don't know yet if it will actually expire. Swiss account might be less volatile than US at the moment, but it works both ways. They seem to pull the same tricks as all the rest, figures.

You can also dl MT4 from the manufacturer, Metaquotes and there is a support forum.

Hello SoulTrader, thank to have put live charts on the forum. It is much appreciated. Is it possible to expand the size of the charts or detach it to have 2 or 3 of them?

Thank in advance for your reply

Sincerely

Shreem:)

Hello SoulTrader, thank to have put live charts on the forum. It is much appreciated. Is it possible to expand the size of the charts or detach it to have 2 or 3 of them?

Thank in advance for your reply

Sincerely

Shreem- love the avatar by the way.

Hello Reaver, thank for the compliment on the Avatar, really like it.

By the way, I am using Ensign Software for forex (data feed from FXCM) and yes it cost 39.95$ a month but I do really like it and it is extremely stable. I really like the possibilities with this software.

They do offer a 10 days trial. I have used different ones. Tradestation and e-signal are great but way too much expensive according to me.

Also, the good thing with Ensign Software is that they do support forex, future, stock, metal and have plug-in access with e-signal, interactive brokers and others.

In brief, a very happy custumer with them and I highly reccommend them.

Sincerely

Ditto on that Shreem...

I especially like the fact you can set up Price Histogram (Tick version of MP) on forex data as well....I'll give it to them...they have a good program...

I use only Alpari Metatrader 4 platform for market analysis and Marketiva for trading.

I thought i was the only one interested in this broker (Marketiva). How's it going so far? I'm only interested since marketiva offers $5 free without initial deposit. So i'll have $100 with Avafx and $5 with Marketiva.

Hihihihi...

blank_v.jpgblank_o.jpg

blank_c.jpgblank_m.jpg:o

blank_f.jpgblank_y.jpg

blank_p.jpgimg1.jpg

I have been using esignal forexcharts, they require a $1000 balance and 1 standard lot traded per month. The charting is not bad, but I may go with Ninjatrader charting. Their charting is very nice with the free Gain data source. You need to use 1440 min charts for daily daily, it also has some glitches and the tick / volume doesn't work, but otherwise is pretty good.

Hi there...

For just 23$ you can get pretty decent Sierra charts-service package 2.You would have live and historical data.You can choose between Gain and FXCM as live data providers.Barchart is providing historical data(monthly,weekly,daily)

Regards,

VTK

Have to add VT Trading to the list

Download VT Trader Forex Software ? Trading Software - CMS Forex

it really is one of the nicest technical charting packages I have seen for free, with quotes.

- To get 5000 bar back fill here are the basic instructions

environment/options/double click general properties/communication tab/history length

I find CMS meta trader delaying quotes, and dropping data.

Doesn't everyone ask themselves the question: if it is "free" then how exactly am I paying for it?

If I can understand the funding mechanism I'm happy about "free" but if I can't I'll err on the side of caution.

Doesn't everyone ask themselves the question: if it is "free" then how exactly am I paying for it?

If I can understand the funding mechanism I'm happy about "free" but if I can't I'll err on the side of caution.

I think that is a very smart way to look at these kind of things but with charting software you are getting it from a broker who is trying to win your business.

The platform was developed by a high grade software company, then leased by different brokers. You can get a demo account for, so far, an unlimited amount of time and trade on your choice broker platform.

Your quote feed is a small amount of space on their server for the advertising. Really, VT is one of the nicest platforms I have seen. It can be set up for auto trading and is programmable.

So the broker pays the chart developer a monthly lease and you pay that to the broker in spread or other means of extracting the fees from you. Any idea how much the broker pays the platform developer per month? I'd expect that they'd then need to mark it up by 50% at least to cover their costs so that would give (or does this industry have much lower markups than most retail type operations)?