Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

8/13/07 General Trade Log / Idea Sharing

Trade 6: -19. Internet went out and stop did not go through. Had to exit with market order after reconnecting to internet.

Abe,

Looks like that time, the red hammer was a good long signal there. Just an observation.

Abe,

Looks like that time, the red hammer was a good long signal there. Just an observation.

You're right. But when I entered the trade it wasn't a red hammer like that. It took a sharp drop, which seemed to me like it was going to drop big, so I quickly shorted. Was a bit impulsive.

You're right. But when I entered the trade it wasn't a red hammer like that. It took a sharp drop, which seemed to me like it was going to drop big, so I quickly shorted. Was a bit impulsive.

I would suggest that when trading on a ONE minute chart, you can afford to wait for the close.

Guest cooter
Trade 6: -19. Internet went out and stop did not go through. Had to exit with market order after reconnecting to internet.

Looks like you learned a lesson regarding stops with this trade.

2334d1187029061-8-13-07-general-trade-log-8-13-07t6.jpg

Trade 9: +8. Premature exit. Again, I think I would not have exited completely had I had more than one contract. Probably would have exited 1 contract and set stop to break even.

8-13-07T9.thumb.jpg.01aaeae4a57e2e8c2b42299214e205fa.jpg

I would suggest that when trading on a ONE minute chart, you can afford to wait for the close.

Waiting for the close of a candle was one of the biggest things I ever learned. Simple enough, but amazingly powerful.

Thanks guys. This is solid advice.

Abe, do you have a drawdown rule in your trading plan? Like you can only lose so many points or $ before you shut down for the day? I have a daily loss limit in place thats there to tell me I'm not i sync with the market that day.

Whats yours? Cause you exceed what mine is quite often.

Abe, do you have a drawdown rule in your trading plan? Like you can only lose so many points or $ before you shut down for the day? I have a daily loss limit in place thats there to tell me I'm not i sync with the market that day.

Whats yours? Cause you exceed what mine is quite often.

Yes Tin. I do have a drawdown rule. It is 2% of my account balance. So if I start out with 10K it will be $200, which probably when I start trading for real it will be with 10K. But today I broke that rule because I'm paper trading so I wanted to get some training. But I think I should follow the rule from now on to make the paper trading more like real trading.