Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I was considering posting some charts to thalestrader's "Reading Charts in Real Time" thread, but instead of adding more bloat to that thread, I thought I'd just start a new one. 

This post is partly a test to see if my posts still require moderator approval due to my relatively "new" account (it's not that new, but I haven't posted much)...approval can take days, which would sort of defeat the point of posting in "real time."

I'll post my "plan" tomorrow (Wednesday), then begin trading/posting on Thursday.

Maybe some others will join in the fun!

Good news is my posts no longer seem to need moderator approval!

Beginning tomorrow, I will be day-trading two currency pairs: EUR/JPY and GBP/USD. I'll trade during the morning and afternoon hours, New York time. 

I'll be using an Oanda "core pricing + commission" account. I plan to trade a "practice account" through the end of January, then a small "live" account beginning February.

I've set my charts up to closely resemble the format popular in the RCRT thread (NinjaTrader + MetaTrader). My trading style will primarily consist of what I've learned from that thread. I'll track my performance in terms of R-multiples. 

The purpose of this thread is just for a little fun with some bonus accountability. I've got nothing to sell/teach, and I will probably lose money! 😁

Nice way to start! Don't get used to it haha. Netted 2.28R. However, I made a mistake with my position size calculation and accidentally only entered at 91.4% of the size I intended, so based on the actual risk rather than the intended risk, this trade was about a 2.5R winner.

trade2.jpg

Whoops, I've basically neglected this thread and trading this week so far. I will fully trade/post Thur-Fri, just like last week. Then next week, I will attempt to trade/post Tue-Fri. Doesn't really look like I've missed much this week anyway. Here's hoping the next two days produce some opportunity! 

Welp, I actually haven't managed to get any trading time in at all since the trade I posted Jan 24! I will 100% sure be able to trade the full days the next two days, Thur-Fri. Hopefully there'll be some good opportunity I can trade/post! I'm hoping/determined to post something this week to get this thread/project going again!

Landora

This thread illustrates a couple of things that humblepieasant hopefully/probably learned

1 day/short term trading is for the few, not the many.  Finding systems that optimize win rate with risks is formidable.  Finding such systems that are also self compatible is exceedingly rare.

2 posting is expensive.  ie It really doesn’t pay short term or long term to give if you don’t got...

3 the need for the kind of “accountability”hp mentioned above is - in a word - transitional.  ie Accountability needs to be turned and referenced inward instead of spread outward...

4 hp would have been much better off trading “a small "live" account through the end of January, then a small "practice account" account beginning February, ... then back live.

1 Don’t just look for an edge.  Look for an edge that is also true to your nature.  If an edge is not true to your nature, you will still never be able to make it work consistently.

2 Post what you are learning and see.

3 Post what you are trading and see.

4 See.  ... maybe decades later...

All the best

zdo