Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ckait

Market profile software

I know many of you use MP. I was wondering which programs and providers you think are the best , user friendly and what the cost is? I use Trade Station and have found all aviailable MP programs lacking. If anyone could assist it would be appreciated.

Sierra charts has MP in it and so does Ninjatrader (but I'm not a fan of Ninjatrader myself). Ninjatrader has an offer upon registration with a one off payment for lifetime use of MP I think.

NinjaTrader does not offer MP directly. Final Financial Alforithms (http://www.fin-alg.com/tpo_help.html )offers an MP add-on for NT (called TPO and Volume Profile for NinjaTrader) for a lifetime fee of $249, which is well worth it. A free trial is available for 7 days without providing credit card. NinjaTrader of course offers free charts if you do not execute trades via their platform. So you can get MP for life for $249. Works great, as does NT.

I use the Ninjatrader version for MP. NT has a couple of Tradestation strategy eld's that can be installed on a 1 min chart for each unit you are trading. The 1 min chart will also power a tick chart in NT. Works very well. Trademaven also has an MP addition for their charts. For execution software Trademaven is one of the best. They answer the phone 24 hrs a day, hard to find with other platforms. Excellent videos and manual.

FibT

I think that Linnsoft is the best MP around, however, I am a TS user right now and it will take me sometime to move over.

Linnsoft has a fabulous MP feature for Investor/RT. Its a 20 dollar a month add on, but was very well worth it for me.

Do the folks using the add on for Ninja from fin-alg find the VAH etc to be accurate? I'm running the trial and my munbers differ from those offered at mypivots.com. Could theirs be incorrect?

I'm thinking of buying the ninja one. Can you lay it over proce at all to get a complete visual?

thanks

JJ

:doh:

is there any standalone program for market profile avalible?

I do not need the data vender but the software must be able to read the metastock tick data...anyone can help me ? TQ

Edited by asiatrader98

CKait,

I have an indicator by Suri Dudella that he calls price profile. I'm not an expert by any means in MP or otherwise, but I do like to trades based on the POC and VAL and VAH as support and resistance. His indicator plots the profile on a 30 min chart, I guess you can use other time frames, and then on say a 5 minute chart or a tic chart you can plot, or as it is referred to in TS broadcast the POC's going back 10 days and the current POC plus current VAH and VAL. If you check out Suri's Site suriNotes.com, suriNotes, Stock Research, Futures Trading, Emini Trading, Tradestation, Indicators and look at his intraday charts you can see samples of it in use. It was $250 for life and it uses TS data. I don't benefit in any way. I like Suri and I have a number of his indicators and his book. Good Luck

David

I have an indicator by Suri Dudella that he calls price profile. It was $250 for life and it uses TS data.
I won't lump Suri with the likes of TTM's Carter and Senters because unlike TTM, Suri has freely contributed many open source code and ideas to the TS forum. However, he has begun to commercialize his material which are very much derivative of many open source material freely available on TS and here at TL. If you do some searches on TS and here, you will find many market profile code for TS that is equally usable if not more accurate than the indicator referred above, which incidentally looks derivative of some of what Ant (Antonio) was posting.

For example, the value area shown for Jan 31 2008 for ES using the Suri price profile seems to be a much larger range and displaced lowered than the conventional calculation (assuming VA delimited by the red horizontal lines).

The open mp code for TS can be found for example in this thread and many other threads here at TL and elsewhere.

5aa70e393955e_TPO2008-02-03_130831.thumb.png.96c4582c3502a0a10108e30849277d19.png

5aa70e393e6b4_TPOSuricomp2008-02-03_135942.thumb.png.bc2895141743736e6632b69c9a9b1684.png

anyone try this WINdoTRADEr® software before? Is it standalone program?

http://www.windotrader.com/WINdoTRADErsupregsup/tabid/54/Default.aspx:confused:

I will e-mail them later for more detail, I do not need the real time data feed....I have my own metastock format tick data ....so the MP software shall be able to read the metastock format.........anyone can help? Thank You

Do the folks using the add on for Ninja from fin-alg find the VAH etc to be accurate? I'm running the trial and my munbers differ from those offered at mypivots.com. Could theirs be incorrect?

I'm thinking of buying the ninja one. Can you lay it over proce at all to get a complete visual?

thanks

JJ

Yes, great program. Make sure that you setup the chart times in the properties to reflect the trading hours you want. Been using it since the beginning and have used MP since the 1980s

Quantower TPO Profile has a lot of features:

https://www.quantower.com/blog/tpo-profile-chart-and-trading-on-bitmex

• Splitting & Merging the TPO Chart
  • Key elements of TPO Profile — POC, Value Area, Singles
  • Building a TPO Profile for any time period
  • Overlaying the standard chart over the TPO Profile
  • Custom Session Time
  • Volume Analysis Tools (Volume Profiles, VWAP)
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.quanto

Edited by Quantower