Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

8/10/07 General Trade Log / Idea sharing

I guess the reason I find it intimidating is because I know there are much better traders I'm up against. But it is easier for me to trade, and I'm doing much better because my setups are occurring more often.

Guest cooter
James,

Don't let the big bad ES intimidate you. I think it's just like the others, but with more volume. As you want to trade more and more volume, the ES is the most liquid so I think it's a good market to trade.

ES seems much more scalper friendly, price movement is a lot faster obviously. I'm still a bit intimidated, but I'm doing pretty well.

How is everyone else doing?

If you think the ES is intimidating, try the ER2 Russell e-mini then.:p

Just saw the same moves coming up on the ES and YM so I took both. Turned out to be a +50 YM and 2.75 ES trade. I'm happy with that and I'm done trading for the day and I'm just going to go look over my charts and see what I did right/wrong and where I can improve. I finished with over 200 YM and over 20 ES, good volatility allowed for my setup to come up quite regularly and work out with bigger than normal profit margins. Only a few losing trades, but they happen. I'm glad I'm going on vacation, I could see myself getting greedy next week with such a good day and screwing things up so this will give me time to clear my head. Good trading everyone!

Good trading Abe, I've seen a lot of improvement from you lately. Keep it up!

p.s - what is there to do in Dallas? I'm leaving for there tomorrow morning.

Thanks James. Good trading to you as well.

Regarding Dallas, I'm not sure what kind of things you're into. You might want to check out reunion tower in downtown.

p5-14.2.jpg

There is a restaurant up there that spins around, slowly, to let you view Dallas in 360.