Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

8/10/07 General Trade Log / Idea sharing

Good trading Abe.

Decent movements already in the first 6 min's. That's the beauty of a VBC - I am in trade #4 already this morning and so far, so good. With a 3 minute chart, I'd be staring at 2 candles. I have 19 candles on my VBC. :woah:

Good trading Abe.

Decent movements already in the first 6 min's. That's the beauty of a VBC - I am in trade #4 already this morning and so far, so good. With a 3 minute chart, I'd be staring at 2 candles. I have 19 candles on my VBC. :woah:

Good trading Brownsfan.

Abe,

I am going to strongly suggest you get a book or two on trading with candlesticks. Just looking at a few of these charts, I think there's some great trading opportunities in front of you if given the right tools.

Abe,

I am going to strongly suggest you get a book or two on trading with candlesticks. Just looking at a few of these charts, I think there's some great trading opportunities in front of you if given the right tools.

Thanks Brownsfan.

Brownsfan maybe you can help me with this trade.

I went short at the breakout on the pivot for +17. Not a bad trade at all but looking back I think I see a doji just before hand, would that have been an indicator to get on the move earlier? What about the candle just before it? I also see that hammer at the top of the chart, was that a bearish signal as well?

As you can see I circled it in green, thanks!

5aa70defa4c01_breakoutandcandleaug10.thumb.jpg.93f7aade2526b022585006952707b104.jpg

Brownsfan maybe you can help me with this trade.

I went short at the breakout on the pivot for +17. Not a bad trade at all but looking back I think I see a doji just before hand, would that have been an indicator to get on the move earlier? What about the candle just before it? I also see that hammer at the top of the chart, was that a bearish signal as well?

As you can see I circled it in green, thanks!

Do me a favor- give me the screenshot again w/o your circles so I can see it a little clearer. Thanks.

Abe are you trading real money? I tried today for the first time, ouch lol... - 84 :(... back to the drawing board.

Nvesta - what has your backtesting shown? Is today going according to plan or did you stray? Taking one losing day (and it's not nearly over yet) and quitting is going to get you nowhere fast, except a smaller account each day.

Nvesta - what has your backtesting shown? Is today going according to plan or did you stray? Taking one losing day (and it's not nearly over yet) and quitting is going to get you nowhere fast, except a smaller account each day.

I tried Jerry's Method and got killed in the YM, most likely because my stops aren't wide enough, but so far it's going against the 'volume distribution' skew anyhow.. so I guess I would have got stopped out either way unless I placed a 100 point stop which I can't afford lol...

Brownsfan, I couldn't seem to edit the image and delete the circles so here is just a current screenshot and I pointed out where my trade was (but didn't block any candles).

Thanks.

I highlighted in white possible trade setups looking just at candles and nothing else.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2304&stc=1&d=1186762930

tl.thumb.png.608c27e30584087bf89edf5c41802ac3.png

I'm going to paper trade the ES the rest of the day. My system has been working very well for the YM and I want to try the ES, I'll see how my system does and how price action differs and is similar on both.

ES seems much more scalper friendly, price movement is a lot faster obviously. I'm still a bit intimidated, but I'm doing pretty well.

How is everyone else doing?

James,

Don't let the big bad ES intimidate you. I think it's just like the others, but with more volume. As you want to trade more and more volume, the ES is the most liquid so I think it's a good market to trade.